Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Urpi Arriola
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
MTR by the room

Urpi Arriola
  • Austin, TX
Posted

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $358,000
Cash invested: $17,000

4bed/3bath - rent by the room with a MTR strategy.

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Francl
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied

Interesting @Urpi Arriola 

I haven't heard of anyone running a rent by the room MTR strategy. How are you structuring that up front and are these folks possibly from the same company, group, etc.? 

User Stats

Votes
Urpi Arriola
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied

Hi Aaron, 

The house is 4 bed so it made sense to try it. Each door has a digital lock, along with the front door. I list it in airbnb and Furnished Finders, if they reserve from Airbnb all the instructions are given to them through Airbnb. If have inquiry from Furnished Finder, I have an email ready to send them with next steps, usually with background check and information to send deposit, first months rent, etc. and once they agree, i'll send them the door codes. Most of the people from Airbnb actually stay a few months at a time, I have monthly rates to encourage people stay for a month. Been working out great so far :) this is in OKC and I have one in Fresno, CA. OKC is performing a lot better. 

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Travis Beck
Agent
  • Fresno, CA
Votes |
Agent
  • Fresno, CA
Replied

I’d be interested in knowing where your property is in Fresno and what you’re getting for monthly rates on MTR by the room? I’m local there and have MTRs but not by the room 

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Francl
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied

Good for you @Urpi Arriola! Rather than asking "how do I make my property work for me/cashflow?" you just found a way. 

Congrats on your ingenuity!  

User Stats

Votes
Urpi Arriola
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied

@Aaron Francl i dont sign here too much!! but thank you! :) 

@Travis Beck so sorry for the late LATE response, the house is located at Cedar and Nees, i try to charge around $850, $900, $1000, $1200 per month. The last two have their own bathroom.