Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jake LaRoche
  • Investor
  • Hudson Valley
Votes |
Where should I buy materials for my rental?

Jake LaRoche
  • Investor
  • Hudson Valley
Posted

First time investor here! About to close on a multifamily property and ill have to start picking out material soon. Im trying to figure out if i should shop local or if there's some good websites with better pricing i should be ordering from. this is what i plan to order...

-Hardware for cabinets, doors, misc

- LVP flooring

-Lighting and fixtures

anything helps!

User Stats

Votes
Diego A.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Flower Mound, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Flower Mound, TX
Replied

It is always good to build your network locally. You might be able to find some materials online but you gamble on the quality.

In my case this is what I follow:

- Construction material locally so we quickly can resupply 

- Flooring locally (I find better prices and service this way)

- Plumbing locally (I bought online for my first remo and quality was really bad) locally are more expensive but I don't gamble anymore as plumbing is something that is always a time constraints to complete and continue other works.

- Electronic fixtures like fans, etc online. Much better deals.

Account Closed
  • Maine
Votes |
  • Maine
Replied

Apply for a credit card at your local Home Depot or Lowes. Both are offering 0% APR for 12 months in my area. Charge what you need but be sure and pay it off before the introductory rate expires.

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Barrett
  • Investor
  • Madison WI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Madison WI
Replied

I buy LVP, tile, etc at home depot because you can negotiate with them on price. 

User Stats

Votes
Yu Liu
  • Investor
  • Tallahassee
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tallahassee
Replied

@Chris Barrett do you just ask the cashier or how do you negotiate LVP? Unless you're buying over like 5000 sqft?

User Stats

Votes
Chris Barrett
  • Investor
  • Madison WI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Madison WI
Replied

When you get flooring there's people sitting at the computers in that specific area, so that's usually where you make large orders. There's also the Pro Desk that you can do this with. So basically there's a fulfillment software they use where if you are buying bulk they put a bid out there for your price and see if any of their distributors will sell at that price.