Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Courtney K.
  • Cheboygan, MI
Votes |
Can landlord store show up and store items on tenants property

Courtney K.
  • Cheboygan, MI
Posted

Landlord showed up today and dropped off stuff in our garage and side bonus room. On the lease it does NOT say anywhere that there are any exceptions to the property. It just states: "The management, for and in consideration of the agreement terms, community policies and conditions, to be kept and performed by the residents occupying  (said address) to be occupied and used as a residence which also includes the shared use of the kitchen, baths and living rooms areas as well as the use of all major appliances if a multi bedroom unit."

Landlord never said bonus room was not included and now he says he verbally told us that. At the end of the lease it does state "Lessee agrees that all agreements between management and Residents are set forth in this agreement and that no other agreements of any kind, oral or otherwise, have been made."

Am I crazy to think he can't put his stuff in either place? The side bonus room is attached to our house so he basically filled it up with furniture. It doesn't state anywhere about the garage but its on the property so, does he legally have access?? 

Loading replies...