Is Zillow selling information?

Is Zillow selling information?

Rental Property Investor · Springfield, OH · Member since 2014 · 104 posts · 63 votes

I recently changed my phone number and it was truly golden to not receive spam calls.  I received about 10 per day with my old number.  However, today I received my first spam call with the new number after listing my property for rent on Zillow.  

To my knowledge Zillow does not give out phone numbers of the landlords.  Instead they use a separate number which later connects to mine.  However I'm the only one in my family who receives spam calls and now it seems that changing my number is not sufficient.

What are you doing to protect your information and your sanity?  Do you have dual phone numbers?  Temporary phone numbers? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

0Reply
39 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Surprise, AZ · Member since 2020 · 405 posts · 179 votes
    3y

    @Darrell D. I would use a free Google voice number if it's that bad. Put the Google voice number in to sites that sell info and when it gets bad just delete the number.

    You can also register your number on the do not call list

  • Realtor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    Have also had good luck with Google voice for this reason. 

  • Property Manager · Nationwide · Member since 2022 · 67 posts · 21 votes
    3y

    Wouldn't doubt it. The real estate industry as a whole has a lot of companies that benefit from data scrapping and selling information. I would certainly looking into using a business line or a separate phone for related matters.

    If you are having trouble with listing, there are listing syndication tools where they can generate a new number for you as well so you dont need to use your personal. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.