Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Technology
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Michael K Gallagher
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus OH
Votes |
Tresta Phone System Has been buggy at best lately?!?!?!?!?

Michael K Gallagher
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus OH
Posted

OK so long story short when I became an agent I wanted a second number and a local number (my cell is from growing up out of state...like way out of state), so I signed up for Tresta (mostly because BP had a code and you know I love to support!) Now let me be clear, at first it was a fantastic service, although with a couple quirks including not being able to save numbers as contacts...so thats been a challenge but my CRM kind of fixed that issue.  But now after a couple of updates I am not getting any text notifications, and I have to physically go into the messages app and refresh it to see the texts.  

I've checked all the normal settings issues....alerts, background refresh all that.  So my question is....1) Has anyone else been having this issue....and 2) what other systems do I need to be considering as a replacement?  

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Drury
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied

@Michael K Gallagher
Have you considered using Follow-up boss? It's the CRM I use and would highly recommend it. 

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Bliss
  • Realtor
  • Bradenton, FL (Bradenton)
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Bradenton, FL (Bradenton)
Replied

Hello @Michael K Gallagher,

Have you tried using Twilio instead? Our CRM links in directly with Twilio so you can buy as many numbers as you want for any area code for $2 per month. It also comes with a mobile app where you can call and text directly from the app to reach out to your leads.

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Michael K Gallagher
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus OH
Replied
Quote from @Patrick Drury:

@Michael K Gallagher
Have you considered using Follow-up boss? It's the CRM I use and would highly recommend it. 

I actually also use Followup boss, on the recommendation of some of your counterparts at Reafco actually.  I guess I just need to find out if I can take my number currently with Tresta and import it to FollowupBoss.  Thats probably exactly what needs to happen.  

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Drury
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied

@Michael K Gallagher
Or get a new number and send a batch email to all contacts with your new contact info and text individuals with a template. It will be tedious, but once you do it will be done for good and the problem will be solved.