Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
James Hiddle
  • Altus, OK
Votes |
It's About Time: Russ Dalbey Gets Sued By Govt

James Hiddle
  • Altus, OK
Posted Jun 20 2011, 05:08

http://papersourceonline.com/2716/more-on-russ-dalbey-winning-in-the-cash-flow-business/

I hope they lock up that jackass. He's one of the biggest scammer gurus out there and now it seems he's going to be getting his just desserts.

User Stats

Votes
George P.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied Jun 20 2011, 05:42

Him and a bunch of other scambags

User Stats

Votes
Alex Hart
  • Portsmouth, OH
Votes |
  • Portsmouth, OH
Replied Jun 20 2011, 05:49

I can't believe some of those people didn't catch on to the scam.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
James Hiddle
  • Altus, OK
Votes |
  • Altus, OK
Replied Jun 20 2011, 08:18
Originally posted by George P.:
Him and a bunch of other scambags

Amen to that George.

User Stats

Votes
James Vermillion
  • Lexington, KY
Votes |
  • Lexington, KY
Replied Jun 20 2011, 08:45

Another one bites the dust!

User Stats

Votes
John H.
  • Massachusetts, MA
Votes |
  • Massachusetts, MA
Replied Jun 20 2011, 09:54

I don't get what the problem is. Does this mean my wife can sue Jenny Craig or weight watchers because their program didn't get the results she saw on TV?

User Stats

Votes
James Hiddle
  • Altus, OK
Votes |
  • Altus, OK
Replied Jun 20 2011, 10:54
Originally posted by John Holme:
I don't get what the problem is. Does this mean my wife can sue Jenny Craig or weight watchers because their program didn't get the results she saw on TV?

Did you even read the article on what he did? He was fleecing money from people making false promises and providing a bogus coaching program that did nothing but drain peoples bank accounts of tens of thousands of dollars.

On top of that his program was very limited on how to buy or broker notes. The fact he said all you had to do was find,list and forget was a bogus claim and that is not how you do notes.

Account Closed
  • Full-Time Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Full-Time Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jun 20 2011, 11:09

john, i see your point to some extent..people should be responsible for themselves up to a certain point...either way though, i wouldn't let my wife see that comment lol :)

User Stats

Votes
James Vermillion
  • Lexington, KY
Votes |
  • Lexington, KY
Replied Jun 20 2011, 11:24

If Jenny Craig was based on bogus science, lies, and did not at all provide the services they advertise then I would bet they would get shut down. It is not just real estate businesses that are investigated and sued.

User Stats

Votes
Marc Faulkner
  • Investor
  • Kalamazoo, MI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Kalamazoo, MI
Replied Nov 17 2011, 10:30

I have talked to a lot of "note finders" over the years and have talked to a couple that actually get it and have the skills necessary to make it in the note business.

With that said, there is way more to making money with note than just, "finding them and listing them." Some students have over $30k into these programs and, have yet to do a deal! It is sad that they don't tell you strong people and negotiation skills are required to make it in the business and, that they are not in the business of teaching these qualities. A number of these guys have told me there is a program where they can get the money they have "invested" back, if they can prove they have closed 3 deals. Like that is ever going to happen.....

User Stats

Votes
Rich Weese#2 Off Topic Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Replied Nov 17 2011, 14:44

This was the re-birth of an old thread. Don't know the guy, but there are systems that work. Here is one for free that I used as many as 35 years ago.

1.Find notes (MANY different methods) and buy at a discount or, better yet take an option to purchase the note. Get a good inventory in your potential basket.

2. Go find a property for sale, preferrably free and clear where owner is considering financing.

3. Offer little cash and some of your diverse notes which actually gives seller better flexibility in case he needs to generate some emergency cash and won't have to sell all notes.

4. You acquired the house for discounted notes at full value.You built in equity for free.

I used this method to great benefit and some of you have read this entire chapter before.It can be done. Rich