Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews
Account Closed
  • Duluth, GA
Votes |
Help! I am re-taking Georgia Salesperson AMP Real Estate Exam

Account Closed
  • Duluth, GA
Posted Mar 13 2017, 19:14

Hello everyone!

I am retaking the Georgia Salesperson Examination ( Real Estate Practice in Georgia and the National-AMP). I failed it by 7 points. I have studied and understood a lot of RE practice exams and still studying. 

Please any advice or what to study to pass the Georgia Salesperson Exam? Books or other materials to read in order to pass this exam successfully.

Thank you very much. 

User Stats

Votes
Peter Cavanagh
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Delray Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Delray Beach, FL
Replied Mar 13 2017, 19:46

How are you approaching the test itself? There's a strategy to taking multiple choice exams. Most people get stuck trying to find the correct answer when you should first identify the "INCORRECT" answers, that increases your odds of ultimately selecting the correct answer quite a bit, say you have 4 potential answers and you identify 2 as absolutely incorrect you just increased your odds of from 1 in 4 to a 50/50.

Also, Selecting the incorrect answers first can help identify those questions that are purposely worded in a way to trick those that don't read the entire question.

Being able to identify why an answer is wrong in one question can also help you in determining why that same answer is CORRECT in another question.

Hope that helps

All that being said if you get stuck on a particular question and can't figure out which answer pick "C"

Account Closed
  • Duluth, GA
Votes |
  • Duluth, GA
Replied Mar 13 2017, 20:13

@Peter Cavanagh Oh yes that helps a lot.  Well noted. Thank you very much 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Maricela Chavez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucker, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucker, GA
Replied Mar 15 2017, 20:56

Where did you take the class? I took mine online at the ga mls. They offer a cram course. I took the online classes and then waited for ever to take the test. Didn't pass it, it had been about 5-6 months after my online classes. I signed up for the cram course and they break it down for you in Terms of what you will you be tested on, as well as how many questions per section. This helps you to focus on the right areas. There is also a trial test on their website. It's 15 or 20 bucks. It's basically a practice test. This will also tell you if you passed or failed. It will also tell you what sections you are weak in.

User Stats

Votes
Maricela Chavez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucker, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucker, GA
Replied Mar 15 2017, 20:58

Do not retake this test until you feel very comfortable with your results! I'm sure you know that if you fail it you have to take the class all over again.

Account Closed
  • Duluth, GA
Votes |
  • Duluth, GA
Replied Mar 16 2017, 13:22

@Maricela Chavez thank you very much for the advice. I appreciate. I have taken and  passed the required 75 hours course. I took the course online.

I failed Georgia Salesperson Examination the first time I took it by 7 points (AMP and State exam). So I am planning to retake it few weeks from now. The cram course sounds good to me :) . I will check it out. Thank you very much Maricela. 

User Stats

Votes
Ralph C.
  • Real Estate investor professional
  • Suwanee, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate investor professional
  • Suwanee, GA
Replied Mar 17 2017, 03:27
Originally posted by @Account Closed:

Hello everyone!

I am retaking the Georgia Salesperson Examination ( Real Estate Practice in Georgia and the National-AMP). I failed it by 7 points. I have studied and understood a lot of RE practice exams and still studying. 

Please any advice or what to study to pass the Georgia Salesperson Exam? Books or other materials to read in order to pass this exam successfully.

Thank you very much. 

Take the cream course, and do not wait to take the test. The longer you wait the more you will forget the material. Test is 4 hours and about 200 questions from what I recall. 

Cram, study, review and pass it!

User Stats

Votes
Teddy Smith
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Wilmington, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Wilmington, NC
Replied Mar 17 2017, 03:47

It really helps to just slowwwww down and re-read each questions 3-4 times (no matter how long it is)

Very rarely do people run out of time BUT each exam I missed 3-4 questions just out of make dumb, careless mistakes.

Account Closed
  • Duluth, GA
Votes |
  • Duluth, GA
Replied Mar 17 2017, 11:49

@Ralph C. I will do just that :) . Thank you very much. I really appreciate. 

Account Closed
  • Duluth, GA
Votes |
  • Duluth, GA
Replied Mar 17 2017, 11:51

@Teddy Smith well noted :) . That really helps. Thank you very much

User Stats

Votes
Caroline Christian
  • Augusta, GA
Votes |
  • Augusta, GA
Replied Jul 15 2017, 18:28

@Maricela Chavez Hi! I stumbled across this thread and saw your comment about the GA MLS cram course. I am looking at their website but cannot find where the cram course or trial test is offered online. Could you provide a link?