Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Mark Gonzales
  • Killeen, TX
Votes |
Renatus!? scam or fake!?

Mark Gonzales
  • Killeen, TX
Posted

I was recently contacted by one of the people that work for renatus..sounds awesome! Make extra money! Be financially free! Great!!! But is it a scan of some sort!? I would love to get started on real estate! I'm young! Teachable! Single with no kids!! Just don't want to waste my time!..any suggestions!? 

User Stats

Votes
Kyle J.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Northern, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Northern, CA
Replied

Hi Mark and welcome to BP.  I don't have any experience with Renatus, but if you search for that word on this site (search bar at top) you'll find other posts on the topic.  Here are a couple to get you started:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/79/topics/59294-real-estate-education

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/79/topics/99091-renatus-schooling

User Stats

Votes
Yevonne Baird
  • Investor
  • Commerce, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Commerce, GA
Replied

I can tell you from my experience.  I looked for 8-10 years before I found someone that would tell me everything upfront!  They did!  I market and started as a student.  Love it!  I am a Real Estate Investor now and will be for the rest of my life! Thanks to Renatus!  

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorReplied
Originally posted by @Yevonne Baird:

I can tell you from my experience.  I looked for 8-10 years before I found someone that would tell me everything upfront!  They did!  I market and started as a student.  Love it!  I am a Real Estate Investor now and will be for the rest of my life! Thanks to Renatus!  

So, you're an experienced and successful investor now?  And you want to spread the word about how great Renatus is?

Great!!!  Here's how you do that...

Stick around the forums, contribute your knowledge and experience and build a reputation as someone who knows what they're talking about and is willing to share what they know.  When people here see that you're experienced and open to helping/sharing, they will want to know how you started and succeeded.  That's when you tell them about your great experience with Renatus.

But, until you've built that reputation, you're just a random person who has three posts on this site -- all relating to Renatus and none actually relating to real estate.  Hard to take you seriously as an investor at this point.  But, please prove me wrong!

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Pichardo
  • Investor
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Miami, FL
Replied
After being with them for 10 years, they stole my Real Estate deals, my team and over $5,000 in commissions. Please click here for further details. Renatus is 100% a total and absolute scam. I will enjoy seeing the ruin of Bob Snyder, Raul Campos, Mary Birch, Aaron Whatever and Julian Franco.

https://goo.gl/photos/dmZTEQGwbKZozPSk8

Account Closed
  • Redwood City, CA
Votes |
  • Redwood City, CA
Replied

First off Renatus is an Educational company. So keeping that in mind, they only offer the optional educational tips on how to be a real estate investor. Yes the education has a high price. But I believe if you compare it to "college" (which by the way you cannot learn in traditional college how to be a real estate investor) it is a tremendous savings. When you join Renatus you are not only having access to the education, but mentor-ship and a community of REAL and ACTIVELY PRACTICING Real Estate Investors in YOUR local market that you network with and can help walk you through transactions side by side. Absolutely nowhere have I ever seen this. Nor have I ever seen anyone outside of the Renauts system help their team in this way. So in that sense what you are given from Renauts is really PRICELESS. But it is solely up to the individual if this works best for their situation. Everyone and their situation and beliefs are different, so there is no simple answer.

After two months (November & December 2017) of personal in depth research and being VERY skeptical I did decide that this was the program for me personally (January 2018).

User Stats

Votes
Aubree Folkersen
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied

I've had my fair share of falling for gurus and scam companies. I was invited to one of the 8-hour classes and didn't have an idea of what the company was about, just that I could learn how to save on taxes with my husband's cabinet business. I wish the person talking to me would've been upfront, because at the end I felt betrayed like he/she had ulterior motives. I, truly, did enjoy the class, though, and I wrote so fast my brain and hands hurt. It, truly, was the most valuable information I'd received about taxes, thus far. I was really skeptical of the company for a while and my friend because of the above, so I claim to not be biased. I just wanted all the info so I could make an educated decision for myself, without influence one way or the other. I did end up purchasing the lowest set of classes (taxes, debt payment, credit, etc.) and really felt like they were worth it. My husband and I, then, did purchase the whole thing because we saw the value in it and being the direction we wanted to take in life. We were sick of the gurus, trying to figure out what information was correct or not, trying to find it, not knowing what was available or what questions to ask, etc. My husband and I in the months leading up to it even said, "Where are all the coaches and education for these types of things??" Though, it's true, you CAN become an affiliated marketer for them and receive a commission, it's not required. My husband and I have not made a penny from doing that (we haven't been interested), but we did earn all of our money back, plus more, from actually applying the education and doing real estate investing. We had $65K of debt, without the education, for medical bills, school loans, vehicles, consumerism, hardship, etc., and we were able to pay all of that off, plus the education, in 11 months with what we learned. That was feasibly impossible, beforehand. We also made $200K from an investment property, without paying capital gains, and what we learned, after that. So from a real, honest perspective, looking and being on both sides, I have truly felt Renatus has been right for us and the best thing we did. REI is not for everyone and not everyone has the self-discipline or drive to motivate themselves, so that can be a catch. Nothing is a guarantee, so that's where it's all left up to the individual.