Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Chris Diaz
Votes |
Is Flip Coach by Ryan Kuhlman Any Good?

Chris Diaz
Posted Apr 19 2024, 09:14

New to real estate investing and am looking for a local mentor. I was turned off by the local REIA chapter and am seeing a lot of the "Guru" types on Instagram which is a hard pass for me. I ran into Ryan Kuhlman's program called "Flip Coach," and booked a call for next week. Does anyone here have any experience with The Flip Coach? I'm looking to get into wholesale but also eventually fix and flip. He has some good PR out there and was the National REIA Director when he was in the REIA space. Any feedback from current mentees would be appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Diaz
Votes |
Replied Apr 23 2024, 03:24
Quote from @Ryan Cleary:

Alot of successful people here got where they are from the help of others are they understand that giving back is just as important... Abundance mindset! 

I don't see much giving here, just a lot of confusing takes, but yes, agree with you Ryan!  Thanks for connecting.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Diaz
Votes |
Replied Apr 23 2024, 03:24
Quote from @Ray Hage:
Quote from @Chris Diaz:
Quote from @Ryan Cleary:

Chris, I've been investing for years, pretty active in the community... I almost never see scam accounts on bigger pockets but this just seems like a sad attempt to steal your money.

You will learn so much more from this free community than you ever will from an expensive course. (especially one that would put on this show)

Again, just look at @Ray Hage and @Jay Hinrichs's user stats, they are contributors to this amazing community, save your money, you will learn so much more from biggerpockets, youtube, etc. than you ever will from a paid course. 

Thanks Ryan.  I looked at Ray's stats and they are impressive indeed.  Just don't get what value he gets out of threads like these if he's so successful.  If I had his experience I'd be building my business and not wasting time on a forum worrying about other people. 

Well I am sick and stuck at home. Most of my income is passive...plus I actually enjoy learning from and teaching others on this forum. I met some amazing folks in real life from BP. Something to consider while you build your "business"

Let's meet some time and talk "business."  Feel better Ray.  

NMB logo
NMB
|
Sponsored
Investor Focused Lender. Claim $550 Credit today. Instant PreQual letters, Rapid Refinances, 13k+ 4.85 Star Reviews & $550 lender credit available now

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas L.
Pro Member
#3 Classifieds Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Replied Apr 23 2024, 06:54

@Chris Diaz welcome.  just curious what your goals are - can you share some more specifics?

i think flipping is exceptionally difficult right now.  the market is no longer helping as price are flat - high but flat.  borrowing is expensive, good contractors have more work than they know what to do with, and there is tremendous competition for both on and off market properties.

i have done mostly BRRRRs and one flip. my flip was supposed to be a BRRRR, but it wasn't going to work - it wasn't going to appraise high enough or cash flow.  so i sold it - thus making it a flip after the fact.  great project and i'm really proud of it... but i didn't make enough money for it to be worth the time it took.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 23 2024, 07:40

Hey Chris. Absolutely! Flip Coach by Ryan Kuhlman is fantastic! It's packed with valuable insights, practical tips, and actionable strategies to help you excel in flipping. Whether you're a beginner or seasoned flipper, you'll find immense value in Ryan Kuhlman's expertise and guidance. It's definitely worth checking out if you're looking to elevate your flipping game and achieve greater success!

Ryan's Flip Coach program has truly been a game-changer for me in my real estate investment journey. The comprehensive guidance and practical strategies provided have not only expanded my understanding of the flipping process but have also empowered me to take confident steps in the market. From identifying lucrative properties to mastering renovation techniques and negotiation skills, this program covers it all with clarity and precision. What sets it apart is its focus on actionable insights that yield real results. Thanks to Flip Coach, I've gained the confidence and knowledge needed to navigate the real estate landscape successfully. Highly recommended for anyone serious about flipping properties!

User Stats

Votes
Chris Diaz
Votes |
Replied Apr 23 2024, 08:04
Quote from @Nicholas L.:

@Chris Diaz welcome.  just curious what your goals are - can you share some more specifics?

i think flipping is exceptionally difficult right now.  the market is no longer helping as price are flat - high but flat.  borrowing is expensive, good contractors have more work than they know what to do with, and there is tremendous competition for both on and off market properties.

i have done mostly BRRRRs and one flip. my flip was supposed to be a BRRRR, but it wasn't going to work - it wasn't going to appraise high enough or cash flow.  so i sold it - thus making it a flip after the fact.  great project and i'm really proud of it... but i didn't make enough money for it to be worth the time it took.

Hey Nicholas. My goal is to start with wholesale and get my feet wet there. I have some rentals but am looking to expand and be aggressive rather than more passive. I'm familiar with BRRRR as I've been immersing myself with YouTube videos for a solid year and attended a REIA here but the owner was a major braggart and turn off. So here I am, looking for a mentor, partner, or group. Congrats on your project, everything can be a learning experience even if not a financial windfall. Keep at it and thanks again.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Diaz
Votes |
Replied Apr 23 2024, 08:04
Quote from @Jose Estrada:

Hey Chris. Absolutely! Flip Coach by Ryan Kuhlman is fantastic! It's packed with valuable insights, practical tips, and actionable strategies to help you excel in flipping. Whether you're a beginner or seasoned flipper, you'll find immense value in Ryan Kuhlman's expertise and guidance. It's definitely worth checking out if you're looking to elevate your flipping game and achieve greater success!

Ryan's Flip Coach program has truly been a game-changer for me in my real estate investment journey. The comprehensive guidance and practical strategies provided have not only expanded my understanding of the flipping process but have also empowered me to take confident steps in the market. From identifying lucrative properties to mastering renovation techniques and negotiation skills, this program covers it all with clarity and precision. What sets it apart is its focus on actionable insights that yield real results. Thanks to Flip Coach, I've gained the confidence and knowledge needed to navigate the real estate landscape successfully. Highly recommended for anyone serious about flipping properties!

Did you do the video course or personal mentoring?  

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Brown
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Replied Apr 23 2024, 08:23

I'd bet a $1 another user with no posts says how amazing the program is. Also the user Joe just made the account on the 23rd, seemingly only to make this post. Seems very fishy. Hopefully you can get some real reviews. BRRR is tricky but having the right GC and PM is the most important pieces. Not sure if any local meet ups or FB groups will have any

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas L.
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Replied Apr 23 2024, 08:31

@Chris Diaz

Got it.  I've done a little wholesaling.  There's a definite ramp-up time where you're 'investing' before you get any pay-off - similar to flipping.

I'd go to more REIAs / all the REIAs withing several hours of you.  Some are definite pitch-fests but others are just investors meeting to network.

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied Apr 23 2024, 09:31

I don't know Ryan Kuhlman and haven't reviewed his work, but generally I think just about any of these gurus are going to be unnecessary and overly expensive. You should be able to learn all you need here on BP, with their books and others and meetups like your local REIA. And it's much cheaper that way.

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Apr 23 2024, 09:39
Quote from @Chris Diaz:

New to real estate investing and am looking for a local mentor. I was turned off by the local REIA chapter and am seeing a lot of the "Guru" types on Instagram which is a hard pass for me. I ran into Ryan Kuhlman's program called "Flip Coach," and booked a call for next week. Does anyone here have any experience with The Flip Coach? I'm looking to get into wholesale but also eventually fix and flip. He has some good PR out there and was the National REIA Director when he was in the REIA space. Any feedback from current mentees would be appreciated.

You want to flip down here in S FL? You have 250- 400k in cash? You know how to determine reno costs, arvs?  Be very careful there is a correction coming. 

User Stats

Votes
Joe S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Replied Apr 23 2024, 18:48
Quote from @David Nolan:

Hey Chris, 

I am a student of Ryan Kuhlman's. I signed up for his Flip Coach program a few years ago. I first took a National Mentor program, Clever Investor, and it was horrible! They assigned some so called mentor to me out of Tampa. They were not even in my market. I spent a good amount of money and never got a single deal. It was a complete waste of my time. I came across The Flip Coach from a National REIA webinar when Ryan Kuhlman was President of NREIA. After speaking to Ryan and speaking to a couple of successful students of his, I joined his program. Best thing that ever happened to my Real Estate investing career!! The Flip Coach program has the A to Z of information, but more importantly Ryan really motivated me and made sure I understood the actionable steps I needed to take. He got me over my procrastination and fears! Now I do 15-20 Wholesale deals per year and last year did my first two fix and flips. I know a lot of people think they can watch YouTube videos, spend time with Real Estate professionals and network, and they can get started investing in Real Estate. But I know a lot of people who tried on their own like this and have failed and are still failing. I made back my investment in the Flip Coach program 10 times over! I highly suggest you check it out. Hope this helps.

I firmly believe that this is not a post from a real student. It sounds too much like a commercial.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 24 2024, 13:06

Hello Everyone,

So it was brought to my attention that this conversation was going on about me and my program. So I wanted to chime in. First, yes my account is brand new. I was on Bigger Pockets for years when I was President of BREIA but that account no longer exists. I was planning on coming back to Bigger Pockets now with my Flip Coach program. I guess now is the perfect time for me to come back. Yes, David Nolan is one of my students. His account is new as well. He was told by another student of mine that this conversation was happening, so he took it upon himself to open an account and weigh in. Get this straight gentlemen, my students are very loyal to me. They are loyal because the commitment I make to my students is unparallel to any mentor they will ever have! Jeronimo Loscher is also one of my students. We are actually in contract on a property right now. As I am an honest man, I will tell you I asked Jeronimo to come on here and give his 2 cents. My account was disabled for a few days and I just got it re-activated today. The reason by the way is that I signed up as "Ryan Kuhlman A.K.A The Flip Coach" and you have to use a real name. So I at least wanted Jeronimo to come on here in the meantime to help set this all straight. Again, my students know I am very real and so is my program. I was President and owner of BREIA and MD-REIA, two of the largest REIAs in the country right here in Broward and Miami Dade. I was also President of National REIA for 5 years until 2023. I have taught students all over the country. But South Florida has been my main focus. I have created more successful students in South Florida than any other mentor. That is not a cocky statement it is a fact. It is because I have dedicated my life to Real Estate and Real Estate mentoring. I have no family and I work in Real Estate 7 days a week. Not only do I mentor my students, I also have a very successful company Florida Homeowner Solutions that keeps me very busy. If you really want to see what I am all about I have a few events coming up that any of you can attend whether you are looking for a mentor or not. And you can certainly meet students of mine like David and Jeronimo. If you are looking for a mentor, lets talk. I not only teach how to Wholesale and Fix and Flip, but also buy and hold investing as well. I partner with my students and my students actually receive 60% of the profits!! By the way, I spoke to Chris Diaz yesterday and he is considering my program. When he contacted me he said a lot of shade was thrown on me and my program and he didnt know if I was for real or not. I get it, new accounts and amazing testimonials could seem like this was not legit. I assure you I am real, my students are real, and my Flip Coach program does create success stories. My passion comes from the fact I get to change people's lives, literally. Seeing people make 10 times more money than they were in their 9-5 is one of the reasons I do this!! I wish all of you success in life and Real Estate. If you have any questions let me know. Thanks for listening.

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 24 2024, 13:07
Quote from @Joe S.:
Quote from @David Nolan:

Hey Chris, 

I am a student of Ryan Kuhlman's. I signed up for his Flip Coach program a few years ago. I first took a National Mentor program, Clever Investor, and it was horrible! They assigned some so called mentor to me out of Tampa. They were not even in my market. I spent a good amount of money and never got a single deal. It was a complete waste of my time. I came across The Flip Coach from a National REIA webinar when Ryan Kuhlman was President of NREIA. After speaking to Ryan and speaking to a couple of successful students of his, I joined his program. Best thing that ever happened to my Real Estate investing career!! The Flip Coach program has the A to Z of information, but more importantly Ryan really motivated me and made sure I understood the actionable steps I needed to take. He got me over my procrastination and fears! Now I do 15-20 Wholesale deals per year and last year did my first two fix and flips. I know a lot of people think they can watch YouTube videos, spend time with Real Estate professionals and network, and they can get started investing in Real Estate. But I know a lot of people who tried on their own like this and have failed and are still failing. I made back my investment in the Flip Coach program 10 times over! I highly suggest you check it out. Hope this helps.

I firmly believe that this is not a post from a real student. It sounds too much like a commercial.

David is very much a real student, and one of my best. He is good with words as I noticed when he started putting together his direct mail campaigns that I help students with. I have always been impressed with how David can express himself, especially when he talks to homeowners. I didnt teach him that! He came to the program with those skills!! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 24 2024, 13:13
Quote from @Ray Hage:
Quote from @David Nolan:

Hey Chris, 

Really, so you signed up yesterday and this was the first post? Sounds extremely suspicious to put it very nicely. Must be Ryan lol

Hello Ray. See my comments below. I appreciate your position and I do offer a simple explanation below. We should talk sometime about maybe some synergy between us. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Lender
Replied Apr 24 2024, 13:25
Quote from @Ryan Kuhlman:

Hello Everyone,

So it was brought to my attention that this conversation was going on about me and my program. So I wanted to chime in. First, yes my account is brand new. I was on Bigger Pockets for years when I was President of BREIA but that account no longer exists. I was planning on coming back to Bigger Pockets now with my Flip Coach program. I guess now is the perfect time for me to come back. Yes, David Nolan is one of my students. His account is new as well. He was told by another student of mine that this conversation was happening, so he took it upon himself to open an account and weigh in. Get this straight gentlemen, my students are very loyal to me. They are loyal because the commitment I make to my students is unparallel to any mentor they will ever have! Jeronimo Loscher is also one of my students. We are actually in contract on a property right now. As I am an honest man, I will tell you I asked Jeronimo to come on here and give his 2 cents. My account was disabled for a few days and I just got it re-activated today. The reason by the way is that I signed up as "Ryan Kuhlman A.K.A The Flip Coach" and you have to use a real name. So I at least wanted Jeronimo to come on here in the meantime to help set this all straight. Again, my students know I am very real and so is my program. I was President and owner of BREIA and MD-REIA, two of the largest REIAs in the country right here in Broward and Miami Dade. I was also President of National REIA for 5 years until 2023. I have taught students all over the country. But South Florida has been my main focus. I have created more successful students in South Florida than any other mentor. That is not a cocky statement it is a fact. It is because I have dedicated my life to Real Estate and Real Estate mentoring. I have no family and I work in Real Estate 7 days a week. Not only do I mentor my students, I also have a very successful company Florida Homeowner Solutions that keeps me very busy. If you really want to see what I am all about I have a few events coming up that any of you can attend whether you are looking for a mentor or not. And you can certainly meet students of mine like David and Jeronimo. If you are looking for a mentor, lets talk. I not only teach how to Wholesale and Fix and Flip, but also buy and hold investing as well. I partner with my students and my students actually receive 60% of the profits!! By the way, I spoke to Chris Diaz yesterday and he is considering my program. When he contacted me he said a lot of shade was thrown on me and my program and he didnt know if I was for real or not. I get it, new accounts and amazing testimonials could seem like this was not legit. I assure you I am real, my students are real, and my Flip Coach program does create success stories. My passion comes from the fact I get to change people's lives, literally. Seeing people make 10 times more money than they were in their 9-5 is one of the reasons I do this!! I wish all of you success in life and Real Estate. If you have any questions let me know. Thanks for listening.

As you know pretty hard to win over the BP folks when it comes to mentoring as there is such a long line of not so hot mentors that precede you. And BP is basically what I would call a do it yourself audience learn on your own etc etc. No Mentor or Guru is worth any money use that money to buy a rental :)

As your probably aware how wholesaling is taught in most states is illegal and the laws are changing daily across the country to bring some teeth to this niche of selling real estate without a license.. I funded about 150 deals in Orlando for Armando Montalongo students and the wholesalers up there all had RE licenses.. so they were legal from what I saw. 

Fix and flip training wide open.. I was back room with Armando for years and then Nick Vertucci ( I was providing capital to their students) so they could implement what they were taught.. 

Generally what I saw in the Mentor coaching bizz is there is huge money if you can scale it and the guru mentor could give a rip what anyone on BP would say about them .. BP just hits a small segment of the potential students that would be attracted to your program.. And in FLA there is Vekelmen doing the same thing etc.. Lots of choices with Mentors.

I too have seen many do quite well with what they learned.. Its like anything real estate related maybe 10% will succeed with anyone's training but that's OK the other 90 has the right to pay for the training if they so desire even though it wont bring any tangable results. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 24 2024, 13:27
Quote from @Andrew Syrios:

I don't know Ryan Kuhlman and haven't reviewed his work, but generally I think just about any of these gurus are going to be unnecessary and overly expensive. You should be able to learn all you need here on BP, with their books and others and meetups like your local REIA. And it's much cheaper that way.

@Andrew Syrios

Hey Andrew. Nothing personal here in this post at all, so dont take it that way. Funny how you mentioned learning from REIAs as I used to own BREIA and MD-REIA and my mentor program at the time was the most successful in South Florida. However, most REIAs only bring in speakers that sell programs that most of the time do not work! I know some people have different experience levels and capacity to learn and execute skills. But I can tell you I have seen more people fail simply because they think they can learn everything they need to know from BP, YouTube, and other online sources. Maybe you are able to learn and develop the skills needed to execute effective marketing strategies, find motivated sellers, evaluate properties and what repairs are needed and the costs, structure deals for distressed properties, make effective offers, know how to properly fill out As Is contract, build a buyers list, market property effectively to buyers if wholesaling, negotiate price with buyers, and using the right title company and getting funding to wholesale the property. Or to do all of this for a Fix N Flip, but then you would need to have the contractors. But not everyone can come up with this on their own. As far as cost goes, again, a lot of people fail because they think like a consumer. "Overly expensive"? So if a mentor for any industry charged you $50,000 to mentor you but you were able to make $250,000 from what you learned would that still be overly expensive? As an investor, I dont care what anything costs relatively speaking, I only concern myself with the return. Something to think about.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 24 2024, 13:37
Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:

Hello Everyone,

As you know pretty hard to win over the BP folks when it comes to mentoring as there is such a long line of not so hot mentors that precede you. And BP is basically what I would call a do it yourself audience learn on your own etc etc. No Mentor or Guru is worth any money use that money to buy a rental :)

As your probably aware how wholesaling is taught in most states is illegal and the laws are changing daily across the country to bring some teeth to this niche of selling real estate without a license.. I funded about 150 deals in Orlando for Armando Montalongo students and the wholesalers up there all had RE licenses.. so they were legal from what I saw. 

Fix and flip training wide open.. I was back room with Armando for years and then Nick Vertucci ( I was providing capital to their students) so they could implement what they were taught.. 

Generally what I saw in the Mentor coaching bizz is there is huge money if you can scale it and the guru mentor could give a rip what anyone on BP would say about them .. BP just hits a small segment of the potential students that would be attracted to your program.. And in FLA there is Vekelmen doing the same thing etc.. Lots of choices with Mentors.

I too have seen many do quite well with what they learned.. Its like anything real estate related maybe 10% will succeed with anyone's training but that's OK the other 90 has the right to pay for the training if they so desire even though it wont bring any tangable results. 

@Jay Hinrichs

Great points made Jay. Dont take it personal, but I can tell you that I have talked to more people over the years that signed up with a TV Guru like Armando and failed miserably. Not necessarily Armando, but Cody Sperber, Fortune Builders, Yancys, etc. There was a federal law suit against most of these programs filed by SEC, but I am not sure what the outcome was. You are 100% right that most "Gurus" and their programs are absolute crap! I NEVER call myself a Guru. I am just an active investor that owns a successful Real Estate company and I am passionate about teaching. Better to learn from a successful investor that is actually doing deals than a TV Guru in my opinion. I  know very few successful people in any business that learned completely on their own. Some but very few. To each his own my friend.  

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Lender
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Lender
Replied Apr 24 2024, 13:49

Hello Everyone,

@Jay Hinrichs

Great points made Jay. Dont take it personal, but I can tell you that I have talked to more people over the years that signed up with a TV Guru like Armando and failed miserably. Not necessarily Armando, but Cody Sperber, Fortune Builders, Yancys, etc. There was a federal law suit against most of these programs filed by SEC, but I am not sure what the outcome was. You are 100% right that most "Gurus" and their programs are absolute crap! I NEVER call myself a Guru. I am just an active investor that owns a successful Real Estate company and I am passionate about teaching. Better to learn from a successful investor that is actually doing deals than a TV Guru in my opinion. I  know very few successful people in any business that learned completely on their own. Some but very few. To each his own my friend.  

agreed on Sperber and the Zuixx team of trainers you mentioned.. Frankly and I was there Armando's students killed it.. we were early into Vegas in 2011 to 2013 buying homes basically all sub 120k I know if funded tons of them now average price in Vegas is closer to 300k for the same props.. when the foreclosures ran out ( thats what I was funding the flipper who was providing the inventory to Armando) they moved to Orlando and same thing we provided capital to buy fix and then sell to Students plus non recourse funding for IRA buyers.. same thing Students bought these for 70 to 120k each everyone of them has doubled or tripled..

Of course to get to this inventory they had to sign up for the fix and flip class which was extensive I was there I have been providing fix and flip money since 2001 so I know how the process goes and whats real and not. The training was real.. but as we know you can lead a horse to water but real estate is tough and as I state only 10 to MaYBE 20% can make it the rest just fade and or just buy rentals .. 

Wholesaling as taught IE tie up with no ability to close and then assign is going to get regulated out of existence in most states its already happening and it is illegal today in Florida as well.

But that all said.  The FTC for sure is goes after these Mentor guru's that promise big returns if you just buy my course.. and takes a while but then what happened to the folks you mention and Tarik and his wife and many others they just get shut down and start over in some other capacity. Armando and Vertucci made so much money they never have to work again.. Nick is doing his Poker U tube channel and not sure what Armando is up to.. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Lender
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Lender
Replied Apr 24 2024, 13:51

I was at the Zurixx guys office in Provo  and been to their events but never funded anything.

they had not so great product and I did not want to fund it.. IE worse parts of Detroit

and get this buying lots in Lehigh acres  of course those might have got to a point the students get their money back.. But those guys made MILLIONS and they supported not only RE but many others in the Seminar bizz. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Lender
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Lender
Replied Apr 24 2024, 14:16

@Andrew Syrios

Hey Andrew. Nothing personal here in this post at all, so dont take it that way. Funny how you mentioned learning from REIAs as I used to own BREIA and MD-REIA and my mentor program at the time was the most successful in South Florida. However, most REIAs only bring in speakers that sell programs that most of the time do not work! I know some people have different experience levels and capacity to learn and execute skills. But I can tell you I have seen more people fail simply because they think they can learn everything they need to know from BP, YouTube, and other online sources. Maybe you are able to learn and develop the skills needed to execute effective marketing strategies, find motivated sellers, evaluate properties and what repairs are needed and the costs, structure deals for distressed properties, make effective offers, know how to properly fill out As Is contract, build a buyers list, market property effectively to buyers if wholesaling, negotiate price with buyers, and using the right title company and getting funding to wholesale the property. Or to do all of this for a Fix N Flip, but then you would need to have the contractors. But not everyone can come up with this on their own. As far as cost goes, again, a lot of people fail because they think like a consumer. "Overly expensive"? So if a mentor for any industry charged you $50,000 to mentor you but you were able to make $250,000 from what you learned would that still be overly expensive? As an investor, I dont care what anything costs relatively speaking, I only concern myself with the return. Something to think about.

Ryan to your point on REIAs I decided to go to my local one I had not been to it in years.

I went when they had guest speakers.. and of course it was an upsell to buy their program both of the ones I went to were by guys my age who were selling stuff that worked in the 80s LOL. And it was very obvious to me that the guys running the REIA got a kick back on anyone who paid to buy the course etc.

I have also been to other Non REIA affiliated ones run by RE brokers and those were far more real. I have spoken at a few of those..

User Stats

Votes
Guy Gimenez
  • Investor
  • Corpus Christi, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Corpus Christi, TX
Replied Apr 25 2024, 06:59
Quote from @David Nolan:

Hey Chris, 

HUGE. RED. FLAG.  If you give any credence to this type of response, you're in for a long painful real estate investing experience. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 25 2024, 19:26

Hello Everyone,

@Jay Hinrichs

agreed on Sperber and the Zuixx team of trainers you mentioned.. Frankly and I was there Armando's students killed it.. we were early into Vegas in 2011 to 2013 buying homes basically all sub 120k I know if funded tons of them now average price in Vegas is closer to 300k for the same props.. when the foreclosures ran out ( thats what I was funding the flipper who was providing the inventory to Armando) they moved to Orlando and same thing we provided capital to buy fix and then sell to Students plus non recourse funding for IRA buyers.. same thing Students bought these for 70 to 120k each everyone of them has doubled or tripled..

Of course to get to this inventory they had to sign up for the fix and flip class which was extensive I was there I have been providing fix and flip money since 2001 so I know how the process goes and whats real and not. The training was real.. but as we know you can lead a horse to water but real estate is tough and as I state only 10 to MaYBE 20% can make it the rest just fade and or just buy rentals .. 

Wholesaling as taught IE tie up with no ability to close and then assign is going to get regulated out of existence in most states its already happening and it is illegal today in Florida as well.

But that all said.  The FTC for sure is goes after these Mentor guru's that promise big returns if you just buy my course.. and takes a while but then what happened to the folks you mention and Tarik and his wife and many others they just get shut down and start over in some other capacity. Armando and Vertucci made so much money they never have to work again.. Nick is doing his Poker U tube channel and not sure what Armando is up to.. 

Yeah I heard that Armando's students for a while were doing well. That is cool you were a part of that, especially in that market at that time. I am not sure what Armando is up to either, but the last time I saw him was in the airport. He was flying coach! lol 

What is your main focus now? 

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 25 2024, 19:33
Quote from @Guy Gimenez:
Quote from @David Nolan:

Hey Chris, 

HUGE. RED. FLAG.  If you give any credence to this type of response, you're in for a long painful real estate investing experience. 

Hey Guy. You must not have read any of my responses nor simply looked me up online. I have had one of the most successful mentor programs for many years. I did take a few years off since COVID, but I can tell you David and all of the others on this thread are very real, and are doing very well in real estate. I have probably 10 other students that failed at Clever Investor program like David. Its not a HUGE RED FLAG when someone tells you about their experience. I am not saying all of my students have been as successful as he has, but I can tell you that when my students talk about me they really advocate for me and my program. Sorry you have a problem with that, but you should do your research before blasting people that you dont even know. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 25 2024, 19:40

@Andrew Syrios

Ryan to your point on REIAs I decided to go to my local one I had not been to it in years.

I went when they had guest speakers.. and of course it was an upsell to buy their program both of the ones I went to were by guys my age who were selling stuff that worked in the 80s LOL. And it was very obvious to me that the guys running the REIA got a kick back on anyone who paid to buy the course etc.

I have also been to other Non REIA affiliated ones run by RE brokers and those were far more real. I have spoken at a few of those..

Yes unfortunately there is a lot of that at a lot of REIAs. When I owned BREIA and MD-REIA, we did have a few speakers that we never invited back. But for the most part we didnt support the ******** upsells, only real solid education. Hey I charged $37,000 for my mentor program. But for example my last two students both made over $250k their first year. I was funding the deals, but I truly kill myself to push my students.

User Stats

Votes
Guy Gimenez
  • Investor
  • Corpus Christi, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Corpus Christi, TX
Replied Apr 25 2024, 19:42
Quote from @Guy Gimenez:
Quote from @David Nolan:

Hey Chris, 

Hey Guy. You must not have read any of my responses nor simply looked me up online. I have had one of the most successful mentor programs for many years. I did take a few years off since COVID, but I can tell you David and all of the others on this thread are very real, and are doing very well in real estate. I have probably 10 other students that failed at Clever Investor program like David. Its not a HUGE RED FLAG when someone tells you about their experience. I am not saying all of my students have been as successful as he has, but I can tell you that when my students talk about me they really advocate for me and my program. Sorry you have a problem with that, but you should do your research before blasting people that you dont even know. 

Well, if you say he is successful than he must be, right? I'm not blasting you...it appears you've done that to yourself. I could care less about your self congratulatory commentary. I've seen plenty of you in my 24 years of investing and many of those had skeletons in the closet. So please spare me the "I'm legitimate" routine. When a "successful investor" joins BP, or any other page for the SOLE purpose of promoting a guru, it's a red flag. That is a fact. You may carry on now. Thank you.