Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
David Hori
Votes |
Is Pace Morby a Scam?

David Hori
Posted Oct 10 2023, 16:37

I've been vetting gurus to determine where an investment would return the greatest ROI. Many gurus dangle their network, trainings and resources but few deliver real value. Fewer still actually show-up to deliver the value in-person.

Pace was the only one I encountered who showed up live, who is living these deals out every day and consistently finding ways to deliver (increasing) value to his community. The quality of people in his community is exceptional - yes there are world class experts, yes they hustle and are brilliant. But what's most compelling is that he's managed to curate a group of people who also care for each other and care about HOW they conduct business. They're not out to just make money, but take care of homeowners, business owners, partners, etc and their well-being. 

Real estate investing wasn't on my radar - my focus is business acquisition, but once I encountered the Subto community and saw for myself how much they were willing to extend to me for free, I had complete confidence in making the investment.

Peace of mind with such an investment does not come cheap for me... I lost my job in July. I'm living off of cash reserves and burning through it - there is a well dry date looming on the horizon. I'm confident in the value that Pace is creating and what the Subto Community is delivering every day.

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Oct 10 2023, 16:51
Quote from @David Hori:

I've been vetting gurus to determine where an investment would return the greatest ROI. Many gurus dangle their network, trainings and resources but few deliver real value. Fewer still actually show-up to deliver the value in-person.

Pace was the only one I encountered who showed up live, who is living these deals out every day and consistently finding ways to deliver (increasing) value to his community. The quality of people in his community is exceptional - yes there are world class experts, yes they hustle and are brilliant. But what's most compelling is that he's managed to curate a group of people who also care for each other and care about HOW they conduct business. They're not out to just make money, but take care of homeowners, business owners, partners, etc and their well-being. 

Real estate investing wasn't on my radar - my focus is business acquisition, but once I encountered the Subto community and saw for myself how much they were willing to extend to me for free, I had complete confidence in making the investment.

Peace of mind with such an investment does not come cheap for me... I lost my job in July. I'm living off of cash reserves and burning through it - there is a well dry date looming on the horizon. I'm confident in the value that Pace is creating and what the Subto Community is delivering every day.

Pace Morby shows you how to max out your credit cards and get new credit to pay the $8,800 fee he charges. Does that make you feel comfortable? Seems like taking advantage of people to me, to line his pocket, but what do I know?

User Stats

Votes
David Hori
Votes |
Replied Oct 11 2023, 09:57

@Account Closed - I'll let you decide if paying out of my savings is better or worse than putting it on my credit card. Believe me, if I don't have tangible ($) value in the next 6 months from Pace and his program, you'll be the first to know and I'll update this. I do feel confident in the value he has delivered to-date and have line of sight on it creating monetary value. Stay tuned!

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.
Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Oct 11 2023, 10:25
Quote from @David Hori:

@Account Closed - I'll let you decide if paying out of my savings is better or worse than putting it on my credit card. Believe me, if I don't have tangible ($) value in the next 6 months from Pace and his program, you'll be the first to know and I'll update this. I do feel confident in the value he has delivered to-date and have line of sight on it creating monetary value. Stay tuned!

The only way to measure success in real estate is to make more money than you spend. Otherwise, it's a hobby. ;-)

I'm just saying with Pace Morby, you are not getting the whole enchalada. Like this:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/311/topics/1146250-how-...

User Stats

Votes
David Hori
Votes |
Replied Oct 11 2023, 11:59

Seems like you made a pretty comprehensive list! Will report back on the hobby vs business endeavor.

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Chan
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Clermont, FL
Votes |
  • Clermont, FL
Replied Nov 7 2023, 11:33

I'm actually in the subto group and it's not a scam. I'm curious to see what experiences Mike's had within the community. I'd be happy to jump on a call or even a zoom to show you what's available.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Nov 7 2023, 11:37
Quote from @Jonathan Chan:

I'm actually in the subto group and it's not a scam. I'm curious to see what experiences Mike's had within the community. I'd be happy to jump on a call or even a zoom to show you what's available.

PS Jonathon i am the dream guy all you morby folks are trying to find :)  the money

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Chan
  • Clermont, FL
Votes |
  • Clermont, FL
Replied Nov 7 2023, 11:46

@Jay Hinrichs It just depends on the deal. If you're helping me fund a section 8 SFH, then no. I have other money that'll cost me 10%. Either way, I appreciate you responding to my posts on this thread and the other.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Nov 7 2023, 11:55

@Jay Hinrichs It just depends on the deal. If you're helping me fund a section 8 SFH, then no. I have other money that'll cost me 10%. Either way, I appreciate you responding to my posts on this thread and the other.

Ya apples and oranges of what I do and what your looking for.. I would not be doing long term financing on section 8 nor would I own any.. just my personal goals.

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Chan
  • Clermont, FL
Votes |
  • Clermont, FL
Replied Nov 7 2023, 11:59

To each their own....doesn't mean we can't do business in the future.

I'll DM you my phone number. Let's connect. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Nov 12 2023, 08:46

Pace Morby is the SBF and Madoff of Real Estate. What he has suceeded at more than anything is tapping the incel living off of You Tube wanting to belong. They suddenly join his program and begin their intricate nasty ways of infiliitrating the lives and dreams of good people wanting to succeed in real estate. They are a lot like Hamas to be honest. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 15 2023, 19:22

I would love to hear more about it. I have been contemplating

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 15 2023, 20:17
Quote from @Rakumarudu Nijam:

I would love to hear more about it. I have been contemplating

I'm just saying with Pace Morby, you are not getting the whole enchalada. Like this:
https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/311/topics/1146250-how-...

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Nov 16 2023, 05:53
Quote from @David Hori:

I would not call him a scam. To me a scammer is like a well known note investor in austin who as an example went to write a book and charged people $500 to write a chapter in the book and took the money and never published it. Or did joint ventures with people and next thing you know has $2M in judgments against them, which you can say deals go bad but still have not found someone who made money working with this person... meanwhile they sell $15k training courses.

What I would say is the money is made from being a social media influencer. Just like some HGTV people, do they do real estate - yes, do they make money - probably but their money and following is not made from real estate but from marketing and sales. 

For example I know someone who has a $7 monthly sub-to class that from what I have been told provides 10X more information as is about "doing it" and not hype and mindset.

Remember you are the average of the five people you surround yourself with, if you want to surround yourself with a bunch of people who have done nothing and just getting started great - I surround myself with people who have done 10x more than me so I can learn from them. 

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Gordy
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 16 2023, 07:51

I have no idea why folks spend a ton of hard earned money on these "guru"  classes. It seems not the best way to spend money. You could have used that $8800 to possibly have partnered with someone locally that is already doing the subject to deals to figure it out first hand. "Gurus' make money off chumps imo. Do you know of any so called guru's that has become a billionaire from real estate? Please educate me if you know of one. The real real estate billionaires aren't doing that stuff, fyi. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Nov 16 2023, 08:10
Quote from @Account Closed:
Quote from @David Hori:

Pace Morby shows you how to max out your credit cards and get new credit to pay the $8,800 fee he charges. Does that make you feel comfortable? Seems like taking advantage of people to me, to line his pocket, but what do I know?

He learned that from the masters at Fortune Builders. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Nov 16 2023, 08:11
Quote from @Aaron Gordy:

I have no idea why folks spend a ton of hard earned money on these "guru"  classes. It seems not the best way to spend money. You could have used that $8800 to possibly have partnered with someone locally that is already doing the subject to deals to figure it out first hand. "Gurus' make money off chumps imo. Do you know of any so called guru's that has become a billionaire from real estate? Please educate me if you know of one. The real real estate billionaires aren't doing that stuff, fyi. 

None. Zero. Outside of maybe Anthony Robbins. 

User Stats

Votes
Joe S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Replied Nov 16 2023, 09:37
Quote from @David Hori:

Sounds like you already have your mind made up or at least you’re slanted in a certain direction.
I’m sure some VA’s and some groupies of his will jump on here and sing his praises in a few minutes. So much fan love sounds and feels extremely odd. I’ve had people help me and I paid to help me over the years and I’ve never jumped on the Internet to sing your praises, before I even did a deal.  Not only that I’ve never jumped on the Internet to sing their praises at all and I don’t know any other other students that did that as well. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 5 2023, 14:48

"Those who can't do, teach" is a dumb and misquoted phrase, but if the teacher is selling classes via instagram, I would seriously ask myself why. If you're really making moves in the market, it's unlikely you're also slinging how-to's over social media. Buy a used book and find someone local who's doing the thing, and make them your mentor. Also, the whole SubTo model is a bit icky and can often get messy from what I've seen. It appeals to desperation on both sides of the transaction, which also makes it a great online class to sell... While we need massive reform in lending and solutions for home affordability, that ain't it.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Dec 6 2023, 08:09
Quote from @Brian Vallario:

"Those who can't do, teach" is a dumb and misquoted phrase, but if the teacher is selling classes via instagram, I would seriously ask myself why. If you're really making moves in the market, it's unlikely you're also slinging how-to's over social media. Buy a used book and find someone local who's doing the thing, and make them your mentor. Also, the whole SubTo model is a bit icky and can often get messy from what I've seen. It appeals to desperation on both sides of the transaction, which also makes it a great online class to sell... While we need massive reform in lending and solutions for home affordability, that ain't it.

We neeed licensing for wholesalers as well as the banking and mortgage industry to start calling more notes due. They can do this by getting information and the identities of the subto students and gurus so they can program software to catch these. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Dec 6 2023, 08:10
Quote from @Joe S.:
Quote from @David Hori:

Sounds like you already have your mind made up or at least you’re slanted in a certain direction.
I’m sure some VA’s and some groupies of his will jump on here and sing his praises in a few minutes. So much fan love sounds and feels extremely odd. I’ve had people help me and I paid to help me over the years and I’ve never jumped on the Internet to sing your praises, before I even did a deal.  Not only that I’ve never jumped on the Internet to sing their praises at all and I don’t know any other other students that did that as well. 

VA's and Shills. Cheap. Do damage to the industry as a whole.

User Stats

Votes
Joe S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Replied Dec 6 2023, 08:21
Quote from @Nate Marshall:

We neeed licensing for wholesalers as well as the banking and mortgage industry to start calling more notes due. They can do this by getting information and the identities of the subto students and gurus so they can program software to catch these. 

So you and I agree on a lot of stuff… However, I do want to clarify that I am not against Sub2 if done respectably in the right situation.

I see where Sub2 can and has been a good tool in the right hands.

One of my grips is that Pace is  getting groupies all excited and is making a method that could be used Respectfully in the right situation look bad for promoting it heavily among noobs.  There are risk so to gloss over those risk for the sake of selling mentorships is concerning.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Dec 6 2023, 08:41
Quote from @Joe S.:

So you and I agree on a lot of stuff… However, I do want to clarify that I am not against Sub2 if done respectably in the right situation.

One of my grips is that Pace is  getting groupies all excited and is making a method that could be used Respectfully in the right situation look bad for promoting it heavily among noobs.  There are risk so to gloss over those risk for the sake of selling mentorships is concerning.

They also have been directed by someone high in his organization to attack other groups to  not just disrupt but to try and get people to ask for refunds.Many of these are "infuencer" types and not even wannabe or actual real estate investors. 

BAM Capital  logo
BAM Capital
|
Sponsored
Your Path to Generational Wealth We offer wealth-building and income-producing real estate opportunities for accredited investors.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 6 2023, 18:39
Quote from @Joe S.:

I also agree. It shouldn't, under any circumstance I can think of, be the basis of a growth strategy. It should be a tool used by experienced parties in specific scenarios. I think the majority of what we see happening is investors offering it in mass and finding desperate sellers to take the bait. The people who are and have been doing it properly for years are rarely talking about it because they're busy actually doing deals and not selling classes. We just need better guardrails. Honestly, we just need more affordable housing...

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Dec 7 2023, 09:07
Quote from @Joe S.:

I also agree. It shouldn't, under any circumstance I can think of, be the basis of a growth strategy. It should be a tool used by experienced parties in specific scenarios. I think the majority of what we see happening is investors offering it in mass and finding desperate sellers to take the bait. The people who are and have been doing it properly for years are rarely talking about it because they're busy actually doing deals and not selling classes. We just need better guardrails. Honestly, we just need more affordable housing...

Politicians aren't capable of solving the housing crisis. The left is catering to addicts, criminals and migrants. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Dec 13 2023, 07:38
Quote from @David Hori:

They're not really creating value for anyone but themselves. He has a lot of people with questionable character pitching for him. Most have never been in real estate in any capacity. Influencers mostly.