Looking for some first hand experience about this program. As someone who works long hours and shift work, I love the idea of someone else vetting the deals for me. The hardest part for me is finding the time to locate and analyze deals while working my “9-5” and trying to be a present husband and father. Was looking for some honest reviews from anyone who’s bought in to this system. I understand there is a 15k initiation fee and $200 monthly. That doesn’t bother me. It’s worth it if they’re actually finding, sending me deals, introducing me to lenders and contractors. I see where it could save me years of experience. Thanks everyone.
I join Flip System early this year, I would like to say they are over exaggerated on they advertisement and whatever you paid have 0 guarantee!
When you trying to work with them and buy their services, they will asking you to pay $15K to join, and you'll have to sign an “Agreement”, basically the “Agreement” is a disclaimer, they don’t take any responsibility on their advertisement!(Scam alert or not? Make your own judgement, I will just keep neutral here and state my experience only)
Their “Exaggerated Advertisement” which only show off the success case but never mentioned about the failed cases (which probably will be count more over the success cases)
1.They promote that most of their clients(Or they like call them “”Student”) make a bout $10K to $30K per deal.
But the reality is they have 0 guarantee on it, you most likely will lose your some money on your deals or spend $150Hr/projects make nothing. During my 6 months using their services, I lose $15K on one deal, make almost 0 on another deal, make $10k on the last deal. I found out, it is worthless to me to invest in this way. I spend $400Hr+ to manage these three projects and end up losing $5K (Plus $15K I paid them, and their service charge of total about $4K), so I lost about $25K and my 400Hr time. It just not working for me, unless I can really get access to really low price deals but unfortunately all the deals they sourcing to me is whatever I can find on Zillow.
2.They promote they will have their agents to help you, their investors to fund you, their contractor to help you rehab the property
Hmm… Isn’t it free to find some agent on Bigger Pockets(Maybe you can interview 100 if you like)? And isn’t it tons of Capital trying to lend money to you? Or millions of worker out there if you give them a project to do?
On my experience, their agent really treat me as a “student”, had very bad attitude towards me, I end up spend sometime on bigger pockets to find some other agents. Their lender, mostly like is a Broker, charges me 3.5% points fees(Why I just not directly contact a lender that only charges 2% points?), their contractor charges 30% more than other contractor in the area, which is main reason first 2 of the deals I did there not profitable (I’m just too native and, trust all the words from their agent…)
3.In their advertisement, they said Martel did over 1,000 flips
I bet that may not be true, but I have no clue, if FlipSystem you wanna sue me on this, let's proof it!
4.They guarantee you, you will have your first offer accepted in first 30 or 45 days I believe
Come on… There are millions of listing in the mid-west region, all their listings are from Zillow… Basically everybody can do that by themself…
The biggest point is, all the houses in these regions are old houses with tons of issues… I bought a house with crack foundation, that fix costs me $12k…(All because I trust the Agent telling me the contractor will help us to do the inspection and we save that $500 inspection fees)
So buying a houses in these regions are really easy, it is just there, the biggest thing is you need to have the team and source to inspect these property and fix the problem on the property.
Unfortunately, in FlipSystem’s advertisement they never mention this part, that’s like putting the inexperienced people into the big RISK!…Which I against the way they operating the business, because people will have more trouble in their life because of these.
Overall there are many “Too good to be true” advertisement they published everywhere, but the reality after I used it, I just felt like not really is what it is sound like. And they will char your money directly from getting your checking number from your bank account, and with the agreement you had with them, it is almost 0% chance you can get refunded. I don’t wanna say anything on that, but from the real process flow, they designed the payment process intentionally to block you from get refund if you are not happy or losing money in the investment…
In summary:
FlipSystem uses exaggerated advertisement but not taking any responsibility on the paid customer. (Which is literally on the contract they asked every client to sign), their services not worth the amount they asking, they don’t have too much stuff besides that you can get from free on Bigger Pockets or Zillow…
I bet not only me who lost some investment in FlipSystem, but the thing is if you post any negative messages inside their Discord Channel, you will either get a delete, block of message or even kicked out of the Discord, that’s what I see from my friend's case, that’s why I didn’t say anything inside their discord group, because it is useless.
I'm deeply disappointed by Antoinne (posting on this thread), the owner of Flip System, who has been sending me invitations on BiggerPockets to participate in deals of the addresses for properties in Detroit that I had done through his company, all of which turned out poorly. Despite sharing extensive feedback about my negative experiences both here and via email, he has not ever personally addressed any of my concerns. I find it interesting how he has completely avoided responding to the threads of those of us that have actually been in system.
My decision to post this is a direct result of Antoinne's attempts to involve me to join the "deals," on this platform and from which I have yet to see any profit. I feel compelled to reiterate that my dealings with Flip System in Detroit have been incredibly stressful, leaving me to face significant financial repercussions.
It's disheartening that Antoinne has ignored my numerous emails detailing the issues I encountered, yet he reappears on these forums to invite me to boost his credibility in my own properties, presumably to enhance his reputation. This approach is not only disrespectful but also demonstrates poor judgment.
I have been on the Martel Turnkey mailing list since 2019. I looked into passively investing then but after doing my due diligence on the homes that they were advertising, I felt that they were charging more than the homes should have been valued at. I am also very hesitant to try long distance rental properties. I had some 15 years ago that turned into nightmares. I started getting these "Flip System" emails on 10/3/23. I do not recall requesting or signing up for them. I assumed that they just started pushing their strategy. Then on 2/26/24, I got an email from their for "Billing Support" stating that my bill for $6,000 was overdue with a big purple button to "Pay Invoice Now". I never signed up for there system. Since I have done more 20 flips and another 20 rentals, I really do not need their system. Is this a fraudulent attempt to get unwitting investors to pay for something that they have not ordered? I have sent email to them. I will update this post with what I find out. Right now, this appears to be a case of buyer beware.
I have been on the Martel Turnkey mailing list since 2019. I looked into passively investing then but after doing my due diligence on the homes that they were advertising, I felt that they were charging more than the homes should have been valued at. I am also very hesitant to try long distance rental properties. I had some 15 years ago that turned into nightmares. I started getting these "Flip System" emails on 10/3/23. I do not recall requesting or signing up for them. I assumed that they just started pushing their strategy. Then on 2/26/24, I got an email from their for "Billing Support" stating that my bill for $6,000 was overdue with a big purple button to "Pay Invoice Now". I never signed up for there system. Since I have done more 20 flips and another 20 rentals, I really do not need their system. Is this a fraudulent attempt to get unwitting investors to pay for something that they have not ordered? I have sent email to them. I will update this post with what I find out. Right now, this appears to be a case of buyer beware.
Probably not a scam.
Just "Guerrilla Marketing" strategies.
I do it regularly with email headings like:
Fwd: Why aren't you replying to me?
Re: We are going out of business!
They seem to work well to get more opens/attention and some get their panties in a tangle over it but it is what it is.
If an email can piss some people off, I wonder how sensitive they are to anything that happens in the day to day life
Sending a bill for $6,000 is a touch over guerrilla marketing. They did respond to my question on it. "I have cancelled that payment request and I do apologize for any inconvenience. We recently launched a self-service portal, and I think this may have been generated from that. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us." At least they did not push for the payment...
I did a consultation today and the initiation fee is 20K now.
I did a consultation today and the initiation fee is 20K now.
I did a consultation today and the initiation fee is 20K now.
I did a consultation today and the initiation fee is 20K now.
lol, $20k to make some referrals? Hot Damn. Some people got butthurt when I started charging $799/hour for investors who wanted to "pick my brain." Obviously I need to start charging ya'll freaks more $$$.
FlipSystem student here… I joined in September of 2023, and have loved it so much that I applied to work here last month in Feb 2024. I began submitting offers for my first property in late November ’23 after leaving my tech job and a much needed hiatus, and shortly thereafter I got a house under contract the first week of December. I have already closed, rehabbed and placed a tenant as of 3/13/2024.
In my experience, everything has been as advertised and the team has always been super responsive in addressing all of my questions and/or concerns. I’m already submitting offers for my second property and plan to scale to 1 flip/month, which at my current pace seems more than doable considering the amount of leg work their system offloaded with my first deal. Not to mention, my team on the ground (the realtors, contractors, lenders, insurance agents, etc.) have been awesome - attentive, kind, and hard working. There were a few hiccups in the beginning as I was completely new to the space and had 0 real estate experience prior to joining, but the FS support team has always had my back. Considering the little work I’m putting in and the net profits I’m seeing, I don’t see why anyone wouldn’t do this if they had the money and the discipline.
This is an investment, not a get rich quick scheme… Compared to how much you can generate in the long run, the upfront investment to join is more than fair, if not a bit generous, in my opinion. I’m making more than 50% of what I made in the stock market the last 5 years in the past 3 months with my first property… by just putting in 2 hours/week, if that.
If you're thinking of joining, these would be my tips 1) be inquisitive, ask questions. You don't know what you don't know. 2) Follow the coaches'/mentors' guidelines, they're there for a reason. 3) Steer clear from deals they don't recommend. 4) Be easy and pleasant to work with, this will go a long way. At the end of the day, there are many people succeeding with FlipSystem, and only some who aren't. I would pay attention to those who are and what they're doing.
My reason for wanting to work here is directly correlated to the value and support that I've received since joining as a student, would love to spread the same good and help others along their real estate journeys!! Feel free to message me if you have any questions about my personal experience, I'd be happy to help.
Hi everyone! I joined last week and have had a great experience so far. The team has been quick to help with my questions, and the program offers a coach/mentor, extensive training materials, software, and more. Although there are some flaws, I believe it’s a good product created by AM and his family. It’s especially beneficial for those with a 9-5 job who are new to the markets and industry, providing a time-saving, step-by-step learning process. It might not suit everyone, though. I’m currently selecting my market and will keep you updated. Feel free to connect with me. - Gabriel
This post is largely not staying on topic anymore and we feel like the majority of points made on this subject are already posted. Please reach out to me or [email protected] if you have questions or comments.