User Stats

Votes
Chida Truong
Votes |
Pace Morby Mentorship

Chida Truong
Posted Nov 28 2021, 20:26

Hello BP investors,

I haven't seen any recent postings about Pace Morby's Sub To Mentoship program and wanted to see if anyone can give their honest feedback about the program who's joined recently?

I noticed quite a few of the reviews were from dead accounts or 1 and done posters so I was a bit weary about the legitimacy. Being that the cost of the program is about $7800 (amount I gathered from other posts), I didn't want to to make a costly mistake. All feedback greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Nov 24 2023, 07:02
Quote from @Deb S.:

@Chida Truong I am posting the private message that I sent to you with my thoughts about Pace Morby's Sub To Mentorship because @Joe S. seems to have an opinion on a mentorship that he is not part of - but I am.  Hope this helps those of you who have questions about Sub To:

This program is worth every dime....IF you put in the work to find deals. The community Pace has built is amazing. There are 'daily dials' that are hosted by some of the group leaders and you practice cold calling under different scenarios (seller who has no pain, seller wants too much down, seller says they're too old to do owner finance/refi, etc).

There are daily Zooms on a variety of topics as wells just Q & A where Pace will answer any questions you have on anything you might be working on, etc. He's brought on his own attorney, another business owner who ensures if the 'due on sale' clause is triggered when buying subto that he takes care of all the paperwork with the bank and title if needed, etc.

The knowledge sharing is like no other. Pace is ALWAYS giving.... information, templates, scripts, free legal contracts he paid for that his attorneys have drawn up, etc. This is not one of those mentorships where you join and you never hear from the 'subject matter expert' again. I have Pace's phone number and his email and have corresponded with him through both.

This is a genuine mentorship that is more like family. You have a question that can't wait? Post it in the Sub To Facebook group and you will get numerous replies to help you. Found a deal but not sure what to do? - squad up with someone else in the subto group and they will make sure you successfully close it. One of the biggest things that Pace teaches is to give more than you take in the group and believe me, so many students offer to help those that have not closed their first deal yet, share information/lessons learned and also share their successes as well as their failures - because you can learn from both.

Also, this is a LIFETIME membership in a group that supports each other. Everyone in this mentorship wants you to succeed.  

If you do decide to join, you can put my name and my email for $400 off the cost of the membership.  Inbox me for the link as I don't think that is allowed here.

@Joe S. bigger and wiser than his time?  You're kidding right?  You think A & E would give him and Jamil their own show if they didn't know what they are doing?  Check out season 1 called Triple Digit Flips.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Nov 24 2023, 07:03

Another paid shill. This one looks like the mid shift server at Denny's too. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Deb S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Punta Gorda, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Punta Gorda, FL
Replied Nov 24 2023, 11:45

@Nate Marshall you're funny. I'm not paid anything. Just a member of the subto community.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Nov 25 2023, 07:08

You mean one of Pace Morby's cheap shills!  

User Stats

Votes
Cody L.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, Ca
Votes |
  • San Diego, Ca
Replied Nov 27 2023, 11:19
Quote from @Deb S.:

@Nate Marshall you're funny. I'm not paid anything. Just a member of the subto community.

Taking pictures with this youtube guru guy like he's a celeb...  Yikes. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Nov 28 2023, 07:20
Quote from @Cody L.:
Quote from @Deb S.:

Taking pictures with this youtube guru guy like he's a celeb...  Yikes. 

I want to see Pace's mugshot. He has a few from what I have been told. He lost his licenses in Arizona. Clayton Morris 2.0 without being a celebrity like Clayton. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Nov 29 2023, 08:01

Just yesterday I had conversations with 3 separate experienced real estate investors and Pace came up. The gators continue to prove to be predators. This is beyond predatory lending. Very mafia like type of lending. Most of the gator incel bois don't even have money to lend. They're like corner boys for the local drug boss. 

User Stats

Votes
Cody L.
  • San Diego, Ca
Votes |
  • San Diego, Ca
Replied Nov 29 2023, 14:05
Quote from @Nate Marshall:

Just yesterday I had conversations with 3 separate experienced real estate investors and Pace came up. The gators continue to prove to be predators. This is beyond predatory lending. Very mafia like type of lending. Most of the gator incel bois don't even have money to lend. They're like corner boys for the local drug boss. 

I think the guy is just sort of an attention wh*re like so many 'experts' on youtube.  But if people want to buy his classes then so be it.

But I'm not sure why you (Nate) have this guttural hate for the guy.  Like he kicked your dog or something.  I don't even know what 'gator' is but what's with the 'incel bois' ?

You realize you're not going to convince any Pace superfan (like the dude who takes a picture like a 14 year old girl meeting Taylor Swift) that his program is bad when you go way over the edge.  Just use plain language and facts to show them the other side of the argument.  And if they don't believe you and want to stick with Pace -- big deal.  Let them. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Nov 30 2023, 07:37
Quote from @Cody L.:

I think the guy is just sort of an attention wh*re like so many 'experts' on youtube.  But if people want to buy his classes then so be it.

But I'm not sure why you (Nate) have this guttural hate for the guy.  Like he kicked your dog or something.  I don't even know what 'gator' is but what's with the 'incel bois' ?

You realize you're not going to convince any Pace superfan (like the dude who takes a picture like a 14 year old girl meeting Taylor Swift) that his program is bad when you go way over the edge.  Just use plain language and facts to show them the other side of the argument.  And if they don't believe you and want to stick with Pace -- big deal.  Let them. 

Same reason as why I hate child molesters, ISIS and HAMAS! 

User Stats

Votes
Cody L.
  • San Diego, Ca
Votes |
  • San Diego, Ca
Replied Dec 1 2023, 12:49
Quote from @Cody L.:

This is the only time I've said this on a BP comment (or any forum).  You need professional help.   And again, I'm someone that thinks this sub2 guy is a toolbag.  But that doesn't mean people who structure those types of deals are in anyway like a child molestory or terrorist.  wtf is wrong with you? 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Dec 2 2023, 10:04
Quote from @Cody L.:
Quote from @Cody L.:

This is the only time I've said this on a BP comment (or any forum).  You need professional help.   And again, I'm someone that thinks this sub2 guy is a toolbag.  But that doesn't mean people who structure those types of deals are in anyway like a child molestory or terrorist.  wtf is wrong with you? 

You have your opinion. I have mine. 

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Dec 3 2023, 00:02
Quote from @Cody L.:
Quote from @Deb S.:

I think Pace Morby just said on his youtube channel that he's had two more Due on Sale called. Early this month he said he had 4 called, Anybody else having this problem?
BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Dec 3 2023, 07:23
Quote from @Account Closed:
Quote from @Cody L.:
Quote from @Deb S.:

I think Pace Morby just said on his youtube channel that he's had two more Due on Sale called. Early this month he said he had 4 called, Anybody else having this problem?

Hopefully it happens more often. Banks need to monitor the subto industry and use Mossad like tactics to rid us of this heinous Hamas like people. . 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 18 2023, 14:05

Hello Everyone, I am a Subto and Gator member. I joined this forum a while ago because my mom is a biggerpockets member. But I joined before I really found interest in REI and before finding Pace Morby. It's hard to put into words how amazing the community is but yes, it is definitely worth the "membership fee", It's NOT a subscription, you don't have to pay monthly, annually, or any other time ever again!

The mentorship is for LIFETIME access! The subto mentorship is also so much more than just Subto we go over all things creative, and have now started branching out into how to Subto Vehicles, How to buy businesses Creative "zero down". Additionally, there are Underwriting and Transaction Coordinator certification classes. I have heard that the price to join may be going up soon, it is just a one-time fee and you can even break it up into a few payments. I don't see there being any other community or mentorship I would ever need.

if you have specific questions, I would be happy to answer them for you.

No I don't post in Bigger Pockets because I find the forum hard to navigate and Instead I have the subto facebook group to ask my questions. Or the weekly Q&A zooms that Pace himself holds for us. along with the near 30+ live zooms on other topics each week.

None of these responses/comments/posts about SubTo or Pace are created by ChatGPT. I don't even know how to use it, or other AI plus I think you have to pay for that. 

There have been several moments where someone in subto will mention that Subto was being bashed by someone that's not even in the community and therefore, that may be why there are times where several people post in biggerpockets about their opinions

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 18 2023, 19:20
Quote from @Kirsten Martinez:

Hello Everyone, I am a Subto and Gator member. I joined this forum a while ago because my mom is a biggerpockets member. 

Your comment: "if you have specific questions, I would be happy to answer them for you."
Just a couple please,

If you buy a property on the MLS for asking price say $400,000 for cash flow the way he teaches in his videos and you use a gator lender to cover the closing/rehab costs say $20,000 so now you owe $420,000 on a house valued at $400,000 what happens if in 6 months the lender finds out and calls the Due on Sale clause?

What happens if a gator lender lends $20,000 on a transactional deal but the borrower "forgets" to pay back the gator?

Does Pace Morby answer your questions on the Subto community site or someone else? Do you get trained personally by Pace Morby?

Yes Pace Morby answers all of those questions in Subto. We have access to all of his past zooms, which are well organized. Additionally you have the private subto facebook page to ask the community. There are over 30 live zoom trainings all week by various OG subto students that are now leaders in their own fields and Pace himself leads at least 1 zoom a week himself but will attend others off and on. 

As far as what happens if the Due on Sale clause is called, there are many options and it's all covered in his trainings. There is a YouTube where pace even shows himself fixing/resolving a due on sale clause that he received. For Gator, any kind of lending situation should have the proper paperwork so that you are covered. This is covered in the trainings as well. I personally don't lend as a PML. I lend for short term funding such as EMD or Double Closing to the wholesaler. This way I am paid at close of escrow.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 18 2023, 22:06

If you want to argue about a community you’re not in then keep on keeping on. My answers about how the community works and about the time you get from Pace himself training you is correct. Nothing will change your opinions until you decide to join (if you decide to join). But I can say that I will never need to join another mentorship, and I’m glad that Subto was my first and only mentorship/community/life long school that I’ve ever put my money into.

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Dec 19 2023, 00:42

If you want to argue about a community you’re not in then keep on keeping on. My answers about how the community works and about the time you get from Pace himself training you is correct. Nothing will change your opinions until you decide to join (if you decide to join). But I can say that I will never need to join another mentorship, and I’m glad that Subto was my first and only mentorship/community/life long school that I’ve ever put my money into.

I'm sorry for you that you won't look at the truth but that is your choice. Just don't misrepresent to others. That is a crime. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Dec 19 2023, 07:56

Hello Everyone, I am a Subto and Gator member. I joined this forum a while ago because my mom is a biggerpockets member. But I joined before I really found interest in REI and before finding Pace Morby. It's hard to put into words how amazing the community is but yes, it is definitely worth the "membership fee", It's NOT a subscription, you don't have to pay monthly, annually, or any other time ever again!

The mentorship is for LIFETIME access! The subto mentorship is also so much more than just Subto we go over all things creative, and have now started branching out into how to Subto Vehicles, How to buy businesses Creative "zero down". Additionally, there are Underwriting and Transaction Coordinator certification classes. I have heard that the price to join may be going up soon, it is just a one-time fee and you can even break it up into a few payments. I don't see there being any other community or mentorship I would ever need.

if you have specific questions, I would be happy to answer them for you.

No I don't post in Bigger Pockets because I find the forum hard to navigate and Instead I have the subto facebook group to ask my questions. Or the weekly Q&A zooms that Pace himself holds for us. along with the near 30+ live zooms on other topics each week.

None of these responses/comments/posts about SubTo or Pace are created by ChatGPT. I don't even know how to use it, or other AI plus I think you have to pay for that. 

There have been several moments where someone in subto will mention that Subto was being bashed by someone that's not even in the community and therefore, that may be why there are times where several people post in biggerpockets about their opinions

Your post started out in a defensive shill like posture. Just saying. Not believable. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Dec 19 2023, 07:59

Hello Everyone, I am a Subto and Gator member. I joined this forum a while ago because my mom is a biggerpockets member. 

Your comment: "if you have specific questions, I would be happy to answer them for you."
Just a couple please,

If you buy a property on the MLS for asking price say $400,000 for cash flow the way he teaches in his videos and you use a gator lender to cover the closing/rehab costs say $20,000 so now you owe $420,000 on a house valued at $400,000 what happens if in 6 months the lender finds out and calls the Due on Sale clause?

What happens if a gator lender lends $20,000 on a transactional deal but the borrower "forgets" to pay back the gator?

Does Pace Morby answer your questions on the Subto community site or someone else? Do you get trained personally by Pace Morby?

Of course Pace doesn't explain this. He is a coward as a real estate "guru" and as a "man". Most Gators are as well. They are "influencer' types. Very few are truly successful people to begin with. 

User Stats

Votes
Jarrod Ochsenbein
Pro Member
  • Oregon/Arizona
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Oregon/Arizona
Replied Dec 30 2023, 19:59

Just a couple please,

I will answer on Kristen's behalf since I am sure she is busy.   There is plenty of training that covers your questions.  There is a vault of past live deals being made, several zoom calls with Pace a day and of course the community. Too many zoom calls with Pace actually IMO, but you don't have to attend any if you don't wish to. :)  There is so much data it is overwhelming and I don't think anyone can get through all of it.  

For the question about buying a property on the MLS I am not sure it applies. Most of us are looking for off market deals via subto, seller finance, morby method etc... Let's say you did buy a property off the MLS conventionally and did use a gator for the down payment. There wouldn't be a due on sale because you bought it conventional. For the Gator loan you would work out some type of repayment structure and a lien would be placed on the property or some cross collateral.

What I did is finished the Gator and Subto training, networked with people and was off to the races. I do try and attend a few meetings a week with the community, but the forums and my own deals keep me pretty busy.  I will say the way I started was the best for me.  I started with Gator 1.0.  I learned the ropes so to speak and after I did a deal or two it paid for Gator in the first 2 months. Then after I earned enough to pay for Subto I joined that in the summer and things really started cooking. The Subto community is larger and also overwhelming. 

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Dec 30 2023, 20:16
Quote from @Jarrod Ochsenbein:

Just a couple please,

Actually what was asked was "

Can Someone Please Post a Subto Purchased On The MLS That Was Successful -

User Stats

Votes
Jarrod Ochsenbein
Pro Member
  • Oregon/Arizona
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Oregon/Arizona
Replied Dec 30 2023, 21:44

Just a couple please,

Actually what was asked was "

Can Someone Please Post a Subto Purchased On The MLS That Was Successful -

If someone did a subto deal off the MLS it would have been through the sellers agent, which is not all that common, but does happen. Typically people wait for expired MLS listings or pre foreclosures.

User Stats

Votes
Jarrod Ochsenbein
Pro Member
  • Oregon/Arizona
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Oregon/Arizona
Replied Dec 30 2023, 21:49

Just a couple please,

I will answer on Kristen's behalf since I am sure she is busy.   There is plenty of training that covers your questions.  There is a vault of past live deals being made, several zoom calls with Pace a day and of course the community. Too many zoom calls with Pace actually IMO, but you don't have to attend any if you don't wish to. :)  There is so much data it is overwhelming and I don't think anyone can get through all of it.  

For the question about buying a property on the MLS I am not sure it applies. Most of us are looking for off market deals via subto, seller finance, morby method etc... Let's say you did buy a property off the MLS conventionally and did use a gator for the down payment. There wouldn't be a due on sale because you bought it conventional. For the Gator loan you would work out some type of repayment structure and a lien would be placed on the property or some cross collateral.

What I did is finished the Gator and Subto training, networked with people and was off to the races. I do try and attend a few meetings a week with the community, but the forums and my own deals keep me pretty busy.  I will say the way I started was the best for me.  I started with Gator 1.0.  I learned the ropes so to speak and after I did a deal or two it paid for Gator in the first 2 months. Then after I earned enough to pay for Subto I joined that in the summer and things really started cooking. The Subto community is larger and also overwhelming. 

@Jarrod OchsenbeinYour comment "For the question about buying a property on the MLS I am not sure it applies."

Of course it applies. That is what Pace Morby is all about if you watch his videos. He advocates buying on the MLS at full price (he says he can "over pay" and then he can use "gator lenders" to cover the down payment, closing costs and he has no skin in the game. He is overleveraging other people's money. 

If you go through the agent, which means you have to pay the agent fees. Most people wait till it is on the market forever to talk to the agent or wait till it expires.  What Pace is getting at is if you buy a house subto the purchase price really doesn't matter.  You pay XYZ price on paper and take over the mortgage.  You can leverage other people's money for the deal and pay them back over time.  IE if the property is taken over subto and then rented for more than the debt service you can use those funds to pay back the lender. 

User Stats

Votes
Jarrod Ochsenbein
Pro Member
  • Oregon/Arizona
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Oregon/Arizona
Replied Dec 31 2023, 01:39

Anyone who thinks bad things will happen will always find a way not to do something. I would say for you, do not do subto and move on. Go to the MLS and have a good one.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Jan 1 2024, 07:28
Quote from @Cody L.:
Quote from @Deb S.:

Can Someone Please Post a Subto Purchased On The MLS That Was Successful - Very Curious About It

There is a lot of hootin' & hollerin' about the gold mine of purchasing off the MLS and you don't have to worry about paying full price, according to a certain guru and his Subto community. I'm just wondering what the noise is all about.

I'd love to see how this plays out and what are the benefits.

It depends on where you source it. But I have yet to see any that could be done as sub to. But I regularly find on market deals for well under 50% ARV. And I can call the agent.