User Stats

Votes
Chida Truong
Votes |
Pace Morby Mentorship

Chida Truong
Posted Nov 28 2021, 20:26

Hello BP investors,

I haven't seen any recent postings about Pace Morby's Sub To Mentoship program and wanted to see if anyone can give their honest feedback about the program who's joined recently?

I noticed quite a few of the reviews were from dead accounts or 1 and done posters so I was a bit weary about the legitimacy. Being that the cost of the program is about $7800 (amount I gathered from other posts), I didn't want to to make a costly mistake. All feedback greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 30 2023, 20:23

I think everyone point in here is fair. I am apart of the subto community and to me its the furthest thing from a mentorship, I mean yeah theres a ton of teaching which is great but theres way more detailed information that I have not gotten anywhere else. Pace's youtube channel provides a lot of good information but in the community theres way more in depth, step by step knowledge from individuals that are experts in this field that a lot of the times we get access to and are able to connect with them because of pace's relationship. The biggest difference is the community, like I said earlier I will never call it a mentorship because it just provides way more than teaching then just pre-recordings and most people wouldn't know if their not in the community. The people in this community are from all over the country and are on all different levels. some are beginners and some are experts in this business, but everybody works with everybody and you can literally find everything you need in this community, buyers, sellers, attorneys, contractors, private lenders, partners, business partners, transaction coordinators, Transactional lenders, cars, even people have found relationship partners in this community lol, but thats just some of the benefits. Im not saying you cant find any of these things elsewhere but I was skeptical at first when my girlfriend had told me about it but I have already made more money than I have invested and I've worked with people that probably wouldn't have worked with someone who at the time didn't have experience, credit, or a lot of funds. Im not saying theres no other way to be successful but this community is great and pace offers so much value.

User Stats

Votes
Cody L.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, Ca
Votes |
  • San Diego, Ca
Replied Oct 31 2023, 08:07
Quote from @Chris Boselli:
Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:

@Chida Truong I know this is an old post but wanted to leave my thoughts here as well...

Does the program cost money? 

Yes, it isn't cheap

Should you still do it? 

Appreciate the feedback Jay! He definitely does market his business a lot but what business owner wouldn't, just a new age with social media. Nothing different than Brandon Turner's "No money down" book I guess...

Concepts definitely aren't new and 95% of deals still require some cash, but just like Brandon Turner's book it simply lays out some alternative options to your standard "go get a loan from the bank" buying/selling real estate methods. I have only been investing for ~5 years myself, but current market conditions force even the best of them to adapt or die!

That being said I don't get anything out of sharing this just leaving my honest opinion so others can make the best decision for themselves, best of luck with your business

My guess (and just a guess) is he's one of these guys that makes money teaching people about "sub 2" vs. making money doing what he teaches.
I mean -- after 2008, which is when I started in this business, I did tons of deals that were sub2, wraps, and other creative solutions

(side note: I used to share an old blog post I wrote on the topic 10+ years ago but BP deleted my post once as 'promotion' and that's when I removed all info about my company)

I don't see any reason to pay someone to teach you.  I was doing it before it had a trendy name and 'gurus' teaching classes.  And no one taught me.  And there was almost zero information online.   It's not that complicated.   Someone owns a $100k home with an $80k mortgage.  You agree to buy it from them for $100k.  Rather than pay $100k (via cash or new loan), which would result in the owner walking with $20k, you can offer them $20k but keep their existing debt.  Which you either assume (which is unlikely to happen in  a formal sense, so by 'assume' I mean start payments), or you do a loan with the seller for $80k.  You pay him.  He pays the bank.   If you miss your payment, the deal is structured so he takes back the house. 

There, saved you $8k

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Cody L.
  • San Diego, Ca
Votes |
  • San Diego, Ca
Replied Oct 31 2023, 08:11
Quote from @Garret Wilson:

PACE MORBY SUBTO - Truth of it is...

I know a lot of people are skeptical of programs. I have paid a combined total of roughly $75k for mentorships, courses, and programs in the last 18 months. I own my own marketing company and properties in the PNW. I am NOT a large investor but working towards bridging the gap I paid for and joined the subto community. 
I have flown all over the country and met people and experienced the value each program I have joined offers. I will say this, for what Pace Morby's program is it should be 5x the cost. Anyone, and I mean anyone who says its not worth what he charges falls in one of three categories:

1- Already thriving and do not feel they need extra assistance in their REI journey.

2- Believe it is just a course and don't want to spend that much money on an education. Or they did spend the money and they simply looked at it as a course. 

3- You can just get the information for free online or somewhere else for cheaper. 

These folks dont understand what SUBTO is aside from an "education" or "mentorship". It is a massive community with PMLs and like minded folks who are doing deals together. People are doing deals unlike anywhere else I have seen. This is also NOT just another 6 month program. It is a lifetime of relationships with people who want to partner or learn from each other and share success. As someone who has been through the countless "mentorships" I have found value but never as much as this. I dropped over $50k on one mentorship which pales in comparison to Pace's community with Subto. 

This is not some overhyped review to get you to join. I would actually prefer you don't because if you need convincing you probably won't actually take action and do deals. you will just watch videos and live inside the zoom vault watching content never making it happen. If you do need convincing then just take on the free content online. You will get less than 10% of what you get within Subto, and each year that % drops more and more. 

I'll just say this. i was a full time Police Officer working in the largest agency in the state and feeling burnt out. This community gave me both growth in REI and friends and a community i LOVE connecting with. The single greatest financial decision I have ever made and its more than paid for itself. But I took action and did not sit idle.

Note: this review and so many other ones are because Pace has given his community some MASSIVE value and he just asked us to find ways to share the value he gives without going overboard. I would love to say more but people wont believe the truth, they will only believe what they think is true. Join or dont - it is truly only going to affect you alone. Find me on social media and reach out if youd like. Instagram - bwillyg , FB - GJ Wilson. Whatever you do, I hope the future is bright for you! The best program is the one you will use and connect with the most. Find that one and get going! 

How many sub2 deals have you done after joining?  Can you provide some details on them?

User Stats

Votes
Cody L.
  • San Diego, Ca
Votes |
  • San Diego, Ca
Replied Oct 31 2023, 08:12
Quote from @Himashwetha Gowda:
Quote from @Jonathan Greene:

I think Pace is smart and knows a lot, but why pay $7,800 when he gives away all of the information to understand it for free? If you are able to implement on your own, you can get all you need for free for sure. If you want the camaraderie of the group, etc. I am sure it's not a scam at all and would be of value, I just don't think anyone should be paying for these courses when it's all available on YouTube or in blogs or on podcasts for free.

Hey Guys, if you are looking to start investing in real estate, if you are already investing in real estate and want to grow your portfolio, then subto is the place to be. Pace Morby, the amazing human being that he is, he gives and gives so much value that once you are in the community there in no other way but to succeed. The content on youtube is just for educational purpose, inside the course there is much more value. Do not think twice, just join in and grow your real estate portfolio.

omg this is such obvious spam.   But I'll play along...   

How many sub2 deals have you done after joining? Can you provide some details on them?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 1 2023, 12:52

Hello Everyone, I would like to give an honest review of the Pace Morby Mentorship. The teaching is top rate with videos to help you through every step needed to complete any course of interests. The thing I like most is the community that will be able to help you any problems you face. There are leaders all around the US to team up with if you wish to be in other markets. I have been a part of other mentorships and this one is the best.

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 1 2023, 13:14
Quote from @Cesar Garcia: @Himashwetha Gowda: @Chris Boselli: @Caleb Christopher:

Hello Everyone, I would like to give an honest review of the Pace Morby Mentorship. The teaching is top rate with videos to help you through every step needed to complete any course of interests. The thing I like most is the community that will be able to help you any problems you face. There are leaders all around the US to team up with if you wish to be in other markets. I have been a part of other mentorships and this one is the best.

Okay, so you buy a property SubTo. You use a gator lender which over leverages the property, so you can do a fix & flip. You save money by not getting a title report or closing through escrow and the deed doesn't get recorded.

Now you find out that there are already two loans on the property previous to your buying it SubTo. The seller's spouse pops up and says they want their share of the sale. You didn't know about the spouse.

Now, what does this "community" offer as a solution?

10 points if you even understand what this means.
  0 points and time to get a new community if they don't have a solution.

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Langham
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA
Replied Nov 1 2023, 17:35

I currently live in Pacific Grove, in Monterey County, California. I became financially independent through real estate investing in 2020, have been a landlord since 2004, and joined the Subto mentorship because I feel that the market is ripe for more creative deals. Below is my summary of my experience since joining last November:

1. Network of People, Friends That Do Deals Together

We have met our best friends in this community, not an exaggeration. Like-minded investors who give each other the best deals because we want our friends to succeed. We bought our first deal 2 months after joining from another Subto member.

2. Creative Finance Training and Paperwork

The paperwork alone has made this mentorship pay for itself. The creative contracts and the Zoom recordings on the particulars have been extremely valuable.

3. Live Zooms (13 - 20 per week), Active Role Playing

There are very talented and successful people in this mentorship, many are making six figures or more each month and I have received first-hand role-playing coaching, live from some of these people, free of charge!

4. Professional Undwriter On Staff

Pace pays a professional underwriter to be on staff, over $250k per year I believe, just to underwrite everyone's deals, residential and commercial, for free. Crazy value.

5. Meetups

We have gone to several meetups in San Jose, Santa Cruz, Orlando, and Los Angeles, and have met newbies along with extremely successful investors who have a huge go-giver mentality, thanks to Pace Morby's desire for successful mentees to give back to newbies.

I am now under contract with my first creative deal in San Antonio, a Subto deal that we might wholesale or keep for ourselves. I am confident if I were to have started taking action sooner I would have had many more deals under my belt but I was a knucklehead and was swinging hammers on my fixer-upper instead of hiring a contractor. My eyes have been opened to new opportunities to grow our portfolio, thanks to Pace and the Subto mentorship. Hands down the best decision of my investing career.

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 1 2023, 19:30
Quote from @Jeff Langham:

I currently live in Pacific Grove, in Monterey County, California.

Okay, so you buy a property SubTo. You use a gator lender which over leverages the property, so you can do a fix & flip. You save money by not getting a title report or closing through escrow and the deed doesn't get recorded.

Now you find out that there are already two loans on the property previous to your buying it SubTo. The seller's spouse pops up and says they want their share of the sale. You didn't know about the spouse.

0 points and time to get a new community if they don't have a solution.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Nov 1 2023, 19:32
Quote from @Cody L.:

@Chida Truong I know this is an old post but wanted to leave my thoughts here as well...

Does the program cost money? 

Yes, it isn't cheap

Should you still do it? 

Appreciate the feedback Jay! He definitely does market his business a lot but what business owner wouldn't, just a new age with social media. Nothing different than Brandon Turner's "No money down" book I guess...

Concepts definitely aren't new and 95% of deals still require some cash, but just like Brandon Turner's book it simply lays out some alternative options to your standard "go get a loan from the bank" buying/selling real estate methods. I have only been investing for ~5 years myself, but current market conditions force even the best of them to adapt or die!

That being said I don't get anything out of sharing this just leaving my honest opinion so others can make the best decision for themselves, best of luck with your business

My guess (and just a guess) is he's one of these guys that makes money teaching people about "sub 2" vs. making money doing what he teaches.
I mean -- after 2008, which is when I started in this business, I did tons of deals that were sub2, wraps, and other creative solutions

(side note: I used to share an old blog post I wrote on the topic 10+ years ago but BP deleted my post once as 'promotion' and that's when I removed all info about my company)

I don't see any reason to pay someone to teach you.  I was doing it before it had a trendy name and 'gurus' teaching classes.  And no one taught me.  And there was almost zero information online.   It's not that complicated.   Someone owns a $100k home with an $80k mortgage.  You agree to buy it from them for $100k.  Rather than pay $100k (via cash or new loan), which would result in the owner walking with $20k, you can offer them $20k but keep their existing debt.  Which you either assume (which is unlikely to happen in  a formal sense, so by 'assume' I mean start payments), or you do a loan with the seller for $80k.  You pay him.  He pays the bank.   If you miss your payment, the deal is structured so he takes back the house. 

There, saved you $8k

Cody my dad started a company in CA in 1979 called California wrap thats all we did in the Carter high interest years sub too and wraps.. LOL.. hundreds of them.  So totally agree with your post. And i was waiting for someone to jump into sub too in a big guruish way and that has happened.. However I have looked at their facebook page and these members talk about everything under the sun  sub too wholesaling  owner finance  Gap funding  buying cars assuming the loans buying business's etc etc.. there is nothing new its just new to the folks that are hearing about it now.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Boselli
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Boston, MA
Replied Nov 2 2023, 04:13
Quote from @Account Closed:

Save money by not getting title report or closing through escrow or recording deed? Maybe you should be looking at your own investing practices…

Go home troll! Clearly you don’t have many of your own clients to attend to lmao

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 2 2023, 07:52

Save money by not getting title report or closing through escrow or recording deed? Maybe you should be looking at your own investing practices…

@Chris Boselli:

You avoided answering the question. There is an answer, you just don't know how to handle it.

Well, that scenario is what Pace Morby, dear leader, just did!

Just for giggles, since he is "worth millions" he says in one of his videos, ask him why he just borrowed $100,000 against his personal home from a person rather than a bank and didn't use title!! All recordings are public record - this one is recording #20230452856

What's that about?

And what is most alarming, is he didn't have a title report run for the gator lender.
That seems to break a scared rule. What's going on ? How bad does this get? I hope that isn't what he is teaching the "gator community". Seems if they spent more to get a better guru, giving good advice, it would pay off in spades.

Did you know that if you are a gator lender lending in second position (after a sub to mortgage for instance),

and you don't have a title report run,

1. you may not even be lending against the property you are thinking you're lending aginst

2. the person you are giving money to may not be the owner

3. there may be other loans ahead of you on the property which makes your risk much higher

4. you may be lending more than the property is worth and not now it

5. if the guy stops making payments on the first and it goes into foreclosure, you lose your money

That's some pretty serious stuff

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 2 2023, 09:52

I was working a W2 making 130k annual (base pay). I don’t work that job anymore. My first subto deal was within 60 days while working 14 hour shifts 4 days a week and on a pager being called back to work multiple times per week. I can appreciate skepticism and people not just throwing themselves at something with the classic dogma of American society. However, If you need convincing of a programs value other than people in it sharing it’s worth it, then it probably isn’t for you. I don’t  know you but in my experience those people have a fear or doubt in their own abilities and want to know if this will get them over that hump to reap benefits they’re looking for. 

example: I know plenty of people who swear by drinking apple cider vinegar every morning and the benefits - but that isn’t for me and that’s fine. I’ll do something different to find the same benefits even if its harder than just drinking some garbage water.  
sounds like this may be your apple cider vinegar. Not really up for debate on the value of the community, just whether it would be valuable to you. Price is going up on the program soon I believe, but again if you believe you’ll close deals then that’s less than 1 deal worth of money. So it comes down to you and not the program. 

I can tell you NO program or community will magically propel you forward if you simply consume content and watch videos and hop in zooms every day while sitting around wondering when the value will come… at that point even a $78 program would be of little to no value. 
I don’t think there are many things in life that are absolutely for everyone. This is no exception. 

You can and will be successful without this program if you are very self driven and do all the work or have other resources and want to do things your way. I did not have the time or energy to do it entirely on my own. I was on a pager and would get called back to work a lot. 24/7 365 unless on vacation.

Truthfully I probably would still be working full time if I tried that route. But if you’re more focused and driven and have the energy and time I didn’t think I had then that is awesome! 

I hope your 2023 ends on a high my friend , and your 2024 takes off on the trajectory you are ecstatic about regardless of what you do or don’t do.

Garret

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 2 2023, 10:42

@Chida Truong Just going to start off and say this Subto Community has changed not only the way I invest but the way I live my life. At this point in my career it was a tough decision never having done a mentorship before, not even one hour into the community and I was flooded with support and guidance. Not only is this community going to help me into fulltime investing and out of my 12-hour shifts at steel mill here in Ky, but it will also fulfill my dreams of helping people in tough situations utilizing creative methods. You will not regret joining this community!! The paperwork alone is worth the cost of entry, not including all the zooms and meetups!!   

User Stats

Votes
Chris Boselli
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Boston, MA
Replied Nov 2 2023, 11:40

@Chris Boselli:

You avoided answering the question. There is an answer, you just don't know how to handle it.

Just for giggles, since he is "worth millions" he says in one of his videos, ask him why he just borrowed $100,000 against his personal home from a person rather than a bank and didn't use title!! All recordings are public record - this one is recording #20230452856

What's that about?

And what is most alarming, is he didn't have a title report run for the gator lender.
That seems to break a scared rule. What's going on ? How bad does this get? I hope that isn't what he is teaching the "gator community". Seems if they spent more to get a better guru, giving good advice, it would pay off in spades.

Did you know that if you are a gator lender lending in second position (after a sub to mortgage for instance),

and you don't have a title report run,

1. you may not even be lending against the property you are thinking you're lending aginst

2. the person you are giving money to may not be the owner

3. there may be other loans ahead of you on the property which makes your risk much higher

4. you may be lending more than the property is worth and not now it

5. if the guy stops making payments on the first and it goes into foreclosure, you lose your money

That's some pretty serious stuff

shocking, another copy + paste post!

User Stats

Votes
Jamar Pryor
  • Investor
  • Nashville, tn
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Nashville, tn
Replied Nov 4 2023, 07:22

Hey, everyone :)

I'd love to give my experience with the sub to community so far as well in the couple of months since I joined the group. For context, I'm new to the world of real estate and haven't done any deals yet. I currently have a full time W2 that takes up most of my time, so putting myself in a position where I can earn extra income and eventually transition away from my W2 through real estate investing is a top priority for me.

I actually learned about Pace Morby through BiggerPockets. I love listening to the BP podcasts and I happened to listen to his first interview with the crew and his message intrigued me. Being someone that appreciates structure and convenience, after some research I decided to join sub to and shorten my learning curve as much as I could.

In the time that I've been involved with the group, there are 2 aspects of the group that I have found invaluable to me in my pursuit of financial freedom:

1.) The daily zoom trainings and archived recordings of high value past trainings

There are daily calls that I can attend focusing on role playing with sellers and agents (pre-foreclosures, expired listings, direct to agent, etc).

I've been able to not only role play with experienced investors on these different scenarios and get instant feedback, but also listen to them provide feedback to other people. There have been multiple times in these sessions where they've talked to sellers live and actually closed deals, which is amazing to see as a new investor.

While I've seen investors call sellers and close deals on youtube, what I haven't been able to do is get that real time, instant feedback from role playing WITH them, while being able to ask questions to sharpen my skills.

Also, being able to go in other zoom trainings live and see how investors underwrite their deals, stop foreclosures, etc. are simply on a different level of value because I can ask questions and get clarification right then and there.

2.) The Facebook community itself

As I said, I'm new to investing, so having access to the facebook community and not only seeing questions/answers that people are posting, but also seeing deals that members of the community are posting its extremely helpful to me.

There have been a couple of deals posted there where I didn't quite understand how or why it was a deal, so I reached out to the person to ask them how they were looking at it and they were happy to walk through it with me. That’s not a level of assistance that I'm confident I would have received outside of that community.

Being able to have zoom meetings with people that have different skills, such as experience with loan modifications and stopping foreclosures, transaction coordinators, etc. can do NOTHING except help me along my journey.

I'm not interested in the negativity or back and forth mud-slinging, but as someone that thrives on having a structure, convenience and who likes real time feedback, I can absolutely recommend the program. I think the BiggerPockets community is awesome, too. I'm more of a lurker on social media and admittedly should and will get more involved on here. I'm happy to hold myself accountable and post any deals that I do in the future for those asking. Hopefully we can all work together in the future and do some deals!

User Stats

Votes
JD Monroe
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Panama City Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Panama City Beach, FL
Replied Nov 7 2023, 08:01
Quote from @Cesar Garcia: @Himashwetha Gowda: @Chris Boselli: @Caleb Christopher:

This community would teach you not to skip out on title insurance, and always close through a title company/attorney. But if you decided to do your own thing, then ask for help afterwords, they would refer you to an attorney that handles this type of problem in your area
Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 7 2023, 08:06
Quote from @JD Monroe:

This community would teach you not to skip out on title insurance, and always close through a title company/attorney. But if you decided to do your own thing, then ask for help afterwords, they would refer you to an attorney that handles this type of problem in your area

People keep saying that and it's getting wearisome, but (It's getting to where these "SubTo Community" posts are no longer believable) Sorry, I just look at facts.

Well, that scenario, No Title, is what Pace Morby, just did!

What's that about?

User Stats

Votes
Joe S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Replied Nov 7 2023, 08:13
Quote from @JD Monroe:

A lot of the government back loans such as FHA and VA is not available for title insurance if you buy them Sub2. At least that’s what I have been told by more than one title company.

User Stats

Votes
JD Monroe
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Panama City Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Panama City Beach, FL
Replied Nov 7 2023, 08:15
Quote from @JD Monroe:

What's that about?

Great, but how is that relevant? You sure got him didn't you? You are a guru Sh*tting on another Guru....lol. You know as well as anyone else, thats not being taught in the group. But I have him coming on my podcast in December so I will ask him directly and give you an update.
Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 7 2023, 08:42
Quote from @JD Monroe:
Quote from @JD Monroe:

What's that about?

Great, but how is that relevant? You sure got him didn't you? You are a guru Sh*tting on another Guru....lol. You know as well as anyone else, thats not being taught in the group. But I have him coming on my podcast in December so I will ask him directly and give you an update.

Plesae do give an update - 
*** Just wanting the truth brother and it seems to be in short supply.

Also, ask him why he says he had the Attorney General of the state of California on his podcast, the guy addresses himself as an investigator, not as the attorney general. There is a very big difference.

Also ask why he has unsophisticated "gater lenders" provide loans in 2nd position to overleverage his properties. Sure, he gets in without putting any of his money in, great for him, but what about the poor guy who now is in a 2nd position on an overleveraged property that they paid more for than it's worth? That isn’t “investing” or any “technique” it’s gambling. Anybody can overpay and over leverage.

Also ask him, how many Due on Sales he's had called recently, he posted a certain number and I'm willing to bet there have been lots more.

Also ask him, when someone in the SubTo Community has done what he teaches, buy a property for more than it's worth, using SubTo and then having a gator lender provide the money to cover the closing - an obviously dangerous situation - but one that he teaches, and then the Loan gets called due.

*** The house can't be sold because the house is overleveraged, the seller's credit gets destroyed with the foreclosure, the SubTo student gets sued and investigated for fraud, and the gator lender loses all of their money. ***

That scenario is not so far fetched. He just doesn't have the wisdom to know how to avoid/handle that. I've asked several SubTo students, some of who claim to be Transaction Coordinators, how to handle that and I get crickets. They don't know. If you don't know how to resolve a SubTo problem, don't teach the technique.

It's like taking school children hunting without teaching them fire arms safety.

I don’t get answers from the SubTo Community, apparently they are taught to ridicule and disparage anyone who questions “The Dear Leader”

Shall I go on? There is a lot more . . .

User Stats

Votes
JD Monroe
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Panama City Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Panama City Beach, FL
Replied Nov 7 2023, 08:51
Quote from @JD Monroe:
Quote from @JD Monroe:

What's that about?

Also, ask him why he says he had the Attorney General of the state of California on his podcast, the guy addresses himself as an investigator, not as the attorney general. There is a very big difference.

Also ask why he has unsophisticated "gater lenders" provide loans in 2nd position to overleverage his properties. Sure, he gets in without putting any of his money in, great for him, but what about the poor guy who now is in a 2nd position on an overleveraged property that they paid more for than it's worth? That isn’t “investing” or any “technique” it’s gambling. Anybody can overpay and over leverage.

Also ask him, how many Due on Sales he's had called recently, he posted a certain number and I'm willing to bet there have been lots more.

Also ask him, when someone in the SubTo Community has done what he teaches, buy a property for more than it's worth, using SubTo and then having a gator lender provide the money to cover the closing - an obviously dangerous situation - but one that he teaches, and then the Loan gets called due.

*** The house can't be sold because the house is overleveraged, the seller's credit gets destroyed with the foreclosure, the SubTo student gets sued and investigated for fraud, and the gator lender loses all of their money. ***

That scenario is not so far fetched. He just doesn't have the wisdom to know how to avoid/handle that. I've asked several SubTo students, some of who claim to be Transaction Coordinators, how to handle that and I get crickets. They don't know. If you don't know how to resolve a SubTo problem, don't teach the technique.

It's like taking school children hunting without teaching them fire arms safety.

I don’t get answers from the SubTo Community, apparently they are taught to ridicule and disparage anyone who questions “The Dear Leader”

Please do go on, and for full transparency I am not now or have ever been a subto student and he is not "My Leader"
But also for full transparency are you a paid Real Estate Coach/trainer/etc?
I Would love to have you on my podcast to have a discussion on "The Right way to do this" please let me know if you are up for it!

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 7 2023, 09:44
Quote from @JD Monroe:
Quote from @JD Monroe:
Quote from @JD Monroe:

What's that about?

Please do go on, and for full transparency I am not now or have ever been a subto student and he is not "My Leader"
But also for full transparency are you a paid Real Estate Coach/trainer/etc?
I Would love to have you on my podcast to have a discussion on "The Right way to do this" please let me know if you are up for it!

Yes, I am a coach/mentor/teacher/friend - pick your word of the day, to answer your question. I'll give your offer of the podcast some thought.

As anybody who has read my posts can see from my passion, that I take Subject To and Creative Financing and the Sellers involved, very seriously. Subject To is playing with other people’s lives. It needs to be taken a lot more seriously than what I see being promoted.

I only teach “One on One” personal coaching. I actually have individuals buy a property "off market", under ARV, under my guidance, so that I know they are learning the fundamentals. It's their property. They keep the profits. They Earn while they Learn.

I don’t teach in a “mass” group setting, that’s folly. You never know what a student understands and what they’ve missed in a group like that. There are too many nuances.

The student has to have money. They can purchase the property in their LLC, using SDIRA or 401(k), as long as they follow the rules. They have to be able to make the payments, pay for closing (escrow, title, insurance, unpaid liens and utilities, taxes) but not on borrowed money. They have to have reserves for vacancies. They have to be in a position where they can refinance if the loan gets called.

I provide the downloadable Spreadsheet of a Subject To that I’ve done, to help people understand the process, at the link at the bottom of the page.

Sometimes following the numbers helps people follow the process.

I’ve covered Subject To material at the following (and many, many other times in some 3,700 posts) J

Subject To – Why You Need Money To Buy Using "Subject To" (SubTo) - Safely, Legally

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/311/topics/1141313-subj...

Using Subject To, to Get "Free" Properties

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/311/topics/1060320-usin...

SubTo - Before You Spend A Lot of Money on Subject To - Read This - Wisdom at Work

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/50/topics/1141525-subto...

Buying Foreclosures - Subject To & Lease Options

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/311/topics/1065063-buyi...

User Stats

Votes
Gabo Sana
  • Inland Empire, Ca.
Votes |
  • Inland Empire, Ca.
Replied Nov 8 2023, 06:47

Hello to all my name is Gabriel Sanabria and I wanted to share my experience with the SubTo Mentorship which to be honest it's not set up as school environment as I thought it would be, this mentorship focus as a family orientated community. Yes, Pace Morby teaches on a daily basis and he also showing to all how to do it by taking action on a daily. I feel I am riding shotgun and seeing every step to talk to people and take objection by turning it to a positive result for the benefit of sellers, buyers, and everyone in between. I believe this type of learning power is different and transferrable to all kind of relationship of business and relationship. This community has access to all kind of help to succeed in your business, there is no excuse to not succeed. The action is communication and the power to help homeowners to find a solution, even if you don't get any financial gain. It's being a service provider for your community. I wish you all the best to become a truly successful provider to grow in knowledge and relationship. Enjoy.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Nov 8 2023, 07:03

Go home troll! Clearly you don’t have many of your own clients to attend to lmao

in the day it was legal to do foreclosure rescue in Or and WA I bought all my sub to deals with no title insurance and did my own paper work and of course no escrow and recorded my own deeds. And of course prepped same deeds.. Now to be fair I had my title company doing research on every NOD in the PDX market and date downs on each one I bought.. And was a high volume client for the title company so they would insure my properties on the resale.. my niche was not to hold these things it was to flip them for profit and we did pretty darn good at that in the day. But I would never buy anything that did not have a lot of instant equity.. Buying with no equity was for those not in the business and simply were not competition.. As the deals that were best were rescued 24 to 72 hours before the trustee sale thats where the money is made instantly in sub to. Average one off investor simply cant do what we did.. especially today with all the title fraud .. you prep your own deeds and you might find it impossible to get anyone to insure them going forward.
Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 8 2023, 08:10

in the day it was legal to do foreclosure rescue in Or and WA I bought all my sub to deals with no title insurance and did my own paper work and of course no escrow and recorded my own deeds. And of course prepped same deeds.. Now to be fair I had my title company doing research on every NOD in the PDX market and date downs on each one I bought.. And was a high volume client for the title company so they would insure my properties on the resale.. my niche was not to hold these things it was to flip them for profit and we did pretty darn good at that in the day. But I would never buy anything that did not have a lot of instant equity.. Buying with no equity was for those not in the business and simply were not competition.. As the deals that were best were rescued 24 to 72 hours before the trustee sale thats where the money is made instantly in sub to. Average one off investor simply cant do what we did.. especially today with all the title fraud .. you prep your own deeds and you might find it impossible to get anyone to insure them going forward.

"today with all the title fraud .. you prep your own deeds and you" will eventually get investigated. Lol