User Stats

Votes
Chida Truong
Votes |
Pace Morby Mentorship

Chida Truong
Posted Nov 28 2021, 20:26

Hello BP investors,

I haven't seen any recent postings about Pace Morby's Sub To Mentoship program and wanted to see if anyone can give their honest feedback about the program who's joined recently?

I noticed quite a few of the reviews were from dead accounts or 1 and done posters so I was a bit weary about the legitimacy. Being that the cost of the program is about $7800 (amount I gathered from other posts), I didn't want to to make a costly mistake. All feedback greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Barrett
  • Investor
  • Madison WI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Madison WI
Replied Sep 8 2023, 13:56

Nathan you're doing God's work.

:-D

User Stats

Votes
Luz M Velasquez
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Replied Sep 8 2023, 14:50

I'm one of the students and member of the SubTo community with Pace Morby.  I started 28 months ago, and my life has changed since then  I ended up learning and doing what I love the most, fixing and flipping houses.  I did 8 flips last year while still learning and 2 wholesales.  Also, I created, a LatiNOS community within SubTo, where we learn and reinforce our knowledge in our native language, Spanish.  The amount of education we receive in Pace's program has no limits and the membership it's for life. No monthly fees.  The only thing you have to do it's take massive action and be a GO GIVER, like our mentor Pace is. Thank you SubTo, Thank you LatiNOS, Thank you Pace Morby.  I love you all.  ~Luz M Velasquez

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 8 2023, 19:34

I've been a student of the SubTo community for the last year and this mentorship has been above anything else. With all the changes in the market, the strategies taught by Pace have helped me to stay afloat and continue to grow my portfolio. When I first learned of the mentorship, I questioned joining cause of all the other mentorships out there that don't provide value. After speaking with a few members, I realized Pace is legit. Since joining the mentorship, I have learned more than I can imagine.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 8 2023, 22:07

I've been a part of Pace Morby's SubTo Mentorship for a couple months now, and I can honestly say it's been an incredibly valuable experience. Not only have I learned a multitude of effective exit strategies, but I've also found an amazing and supportive community that continues to grow. The mentorship program has not only expanded my creative finance knowledge but has also provided me with the guidance into the real estate world I was looking for. It's the best investment I have made for my personal growth, and I highly recommend it to anyone considering it. The value I've received is well worth it!

User Stats

Votes
Michal Chelminski
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Grayslake, IL
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Grayslake, IL
Replied Sep 8 2023, 22:46

I've got into Pace's comunity last year and bunch of good things happened during that time. I've meet new people who I could call a friends, business partners and that would most likely not happened if I wouldn't make my mind to join his community. It's not mentorship you're buying It's the community you're joining and have access to 24/7 FOREVER. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 9 2023, 07:17

Hello, 

I just want to say I was reluctant and confused at the beginning. There are just so many real estate mentorships out there and didn’t know which one was the best fit for me. I joined SUBTO and it has been the best decision. Pace Morby goes above and beyond of just showing you how to buy real estate and be an investor but also help the ppl that are in need. I love the mentorship and I believe it is worth every dollar. 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Sep 9 2023, 11:41
Quote from @Christianne Perez:

Welcome to all the first-time posters! 

I really don't mean to insult any of you, but everything you boast about in the SubTo community is available for free on BiggerPockets. In five years I purchased 33 rentals and 135 storage units, thanks to the education I gained for free on BiggerPockets. I've learned a lot, networked, built friendships, and even shared my knowledge with others. I have friends that are multi-millionaires thanks to the free knowledge they gained on BiggerPockets. I know quite a few REALTORS and property managers and CPAs and lenders that have built successful businesses through BiggerPockets. The podcasts are full of investors talking about how they built their portfolio through BiggerPockets and it was all free

I've read dozens of SubTo "reviews" and they all talk about education and networking, but very few of them talk about actual purchases. I don't recall seeing a single SubTo member that has gained financial independence or become a multi-millionaire through the education and mentoring provided by Pace. Odd.

Did I mention BiggerPockets is free?

User Stats

Votes
Jennifer Bonner
  • Realtor
  • Coeur d'Alene, ID
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Coeur d'Alene, ID
Replied Sep 9 2023, 13:08

I see a lot of comments about SubTo and a lot of them are from people who are not members of the community and who appear to be making wide-ranging assumptions… some of them are very condescending regarding how much value your opinion is if you don’t have many posts/opinions. These mostly come from people with incredibly high comment numbers that make you wonder how they have any time to do anything besides lurk in the forums and comment on everything. I don’t spend much time on forums and sites because I get such a wide-range of value and experience from the SubTo community I often don’t need to look elsewhere – plus I have to actually work.

Which is another point – many of these comments appear to think that all the Subto community does is “subject to” transactions. That couldn’t be further from the truth! There is so much creative finanacing and deal-making in the community that it’s mind-blowing. However, as a community, we are the premier subject to transactionists (is that a word?)

I also see people who are not in our community make disparaging comments about the “cost” of joining the SubTo community. I’m in the second-hand business and about as cheap as they come. However, in looking at mentorships, clubs and associations to further my investment strategies, I found dozens of programs from $15K - $50K and more! Not only are these multiples the “cost” (price) of SubTo, you are only in for 6 months to 1 year. I suppose that may be enough time for full-time investors, but people trying to transition to financial freedom often have W2s or other obligations that make it take longer. SubTo is a lifetime membership. I often see people who joined 2 or 3 years ago who say that they finally got their first deal or first six figure check, etc. If they were out of the program/community in 1 year they may have never got there and may have given up since they were on their own. Not in SubTo.

A couple reasons I quote/unquote COST above is that one, for years I was very focused on the cost of things and in hindsight missed out on several opportunities because I was focusing on the wrong thing – I heard Pace say, “it’s not what it costs you, it’s what it makes you” on a zoom and it was a total mind-shift for me. I realized I had been tripping over dollars trying to pick up the pennies. I’ve been in SubTo for just over a year and I hate to think of the actual COST to my growth, network and networth had I NOT joined this community. This mentorship/membership is less expensive and more valuable than most mentorships – and the value keeps growing as more material and members join. Before I knew this, I made a calculated decision that the legal documents that Pace Morby provides and constantly updates for his community was worth the entire price of admission – everything else would be gravy. Little did I know what an impact the people would make in my life.

Additionally, people will say, “Oh, Pace makes all this money off selling the mentorship.” I’m not a mathematician, but I have been in the business world for decades… I doubt he makes a penny off the actual mentorship fee. I would have to guess that all of that (and maybe more) goes back into paying for staff and systems to support this ever-growing community. And if he was reliant on the mentorship money, he probably wouldn’t give so much training and info away for free every single day!

Finally, I just want to say to those who demand addresses, paperwork, etc. be posted in forums that we have nothing to prove to you. If you’re sincere in wanting to see those things, there are plenty of people in Pace’s community that would gladly show you one-on-one and even help you with a transaction. I think it’s ridiculous to expect people to post their private business in a public forum. On the other hand, Pace does it all the time on his Youtube and often those are public record (depending on the state) if you want to look them up.

Personally, I’d rather you not join our community. We don’t tolerate negative people and we have quite a large group of people from every background and industry. I’d be happy to keep it to ourselves – but then again, that wouldn’t be a very sharing and caring go-giver attitude now would it?! Thanks for hearing me out 😊

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Replied Sep 9 2023, 14:54

Sorry, forget to include the titles

I'm just curious if this ever gets talked about

Subject To & Wholesaling

Subject To - Attorney General sues couple AND their LLCs for equity skimming

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/311/topics/1140730-subj...

Lessons learned from wholesale deal turned into lawsuit

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/311/topics/363982-lesso...

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Sep 10 2023, 05:42
Quote from @Jennifer Bonner:

...and you just added fuel to the fire. You create a new account and say a lot of words but don't give us any specifics about what you've learned or how it's helped accelerate your growth.

Pace has earned over $40,000,000 just from membership fees. He has lending companies, title companies, insurance companies, and many others, and they all generate money for him every time a SubTo member buys a deal. He has over a dozen affiliate companies that pay him every time a member uses their services. And Pace is finding most of his deals through his minions. They are literally paying him to work for him! I bet you've paid more than just a membership fee, particularly if you've done any deals.

Here's the most curious part of your review. You said, "I’m in the second-hand business and about as cheap as they come." I found your website, LinkedIn, and facebook page. All of them claim you have 20 years experience as a REALTOR, investor, and property manager. Why would you hide that and claim to be a small business owner? We just had the hottest market ever, you are in one of the fastest-growing markets in the country, so you should have made a lot of money these past 3-4 years. If you have 20 years experience as an investor, why can't you provide real-world data to show how Pace has helped you grow since joining SubTo?

We aren't negative people; we are responding negatively to the barrage of cult-like reviews.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Sep 10 2023, 08:17
Quote from @Nathan Gesner:

...and you just added fuel to the fire. You create a new account and say a lot of words but don't give us any specifics about what you've learned or how it's helped accelerate your growth.

Pace has earned over $40,000,000 just from membership fees. He has lending companies, title companies, insurance companies, and many others, and they all generate money for him every time a SubTo member buys a deal. He has over a dozen affiliate companies that pay him every time a member uses their services. And Pace is finding most of his deals through his minions. They are literally paying him to work for him! I bet you've paid more than just a membership fee, particularly if you've done any deals.

Here's the most curious part of your review. You said, "I’m in the second-hand business and about as cheap as they come." I found your website, LinkedIn, and facebook page. All of them claim you have 20 years experience as a REALTOR, investor, and property manager. Why would you hide that and claim to be a small business owner? We just had the hottest market ever, you are in one of the fastest-growing markets in the country, so you should have made a lot of money these past 3-4 years. If you have 20 years experience as an investor, why can't you provide real-world data to show how Pace has helped you grow since joining SubTo?

We aren't negative people; we are responding negatively to the barrage of cult-like reviews.

I think the bottom line is there are many ways to achieve success in RE.  Bigger Pockets has done a lot for me personally and was a major contributor to our Aheroshome.org mission which we were successful  we donated a fully renovated home in Memphis to a deserving Hero and it was a collaboration of prominent BP members executing the mission and BP members donating funds for the mission.

And of course for me personally I have met many wonderful folks on the site and by being on BP it has contributed in a big way to our business success. Keep in mind though the vast majority of real estate investors  have never heard of BP or Pace or any other guru.

I have experience in the Guru training world having been a back room vendor to some of the top Guru's ( lender to their students)  This is all a matter of personal choice.. the current issue is being spammed by Pace Students on BP. U cant have 150 or more post probably more like 250 to 500 all saying the exact same thing unless there was some mandate to come here and do that.

I for one did take the time to get on the free facebook Page and followed it some.. I personally am not a facebook guy its hard for me to follow it and figure out how to actually use it.. BP is far better in that realm of how to actually communicate with folks.. But as I said in another post the facebook page is just a HUGE  HAVES and  WANTS from what I saw.. And then a lot of questions from beginners which is cool and other members saying they will help ( which is excatly what happens on BP).

One of the main issues though is this SUB 2 training to the masses its an advanced strategy for those with substantial reserves and capacity it is NOT something that begineers with little or no funds should be doing so in my mind and others who have done a lot of SUB 2 ( myself personally hundreds of them) teaching this the way its being taught and then networked on facebook this is going to lead to a lot of failed transactions and devistated sellers just will.

One thing about BP you will get both sides of the coin.. the good and why you should do it and the bad or cautionary tales along with tough Love.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Sep 10 2023, 08:24

also BP has a Success page where BP members post about their deals that were successful in detail and or ones that maybe were not so much.. I would encourage Pace students that have had successful deals to post them there and describe in detail how they did it etc etc you will get a ton of traction from those.. I do this with my new builds and other projects usually about twice a year I post drone shoots .. step through how i put together the deal etc etc.. And so do many others this is a better way to talk about the success's of your community.. We get it Pace is nice guy and likes to give back many of us are..
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Russell Brazil
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
ModeratorReplied Sep 10 2023, 08:36

Brand new schill account that tried to throw shade at some of the most respected investors in the country. If a brand new shill account immediately reverts to an ad hominem attack on well respected people, then I have little choice than to think that they are shilling for something potentially fraudulent.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 11 2023, 07:46

Pace Morby and SubTo is the best real estate mentorship.  I have been a student for over a year that the value that everyone provides is priceless.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 11 2023, 09:38
Quote from @Christianne Perez:

Hello Chida,

I completely understand where you are coming from, To be honest, in the beginning, I was hesitant to join the mentorship too, mainly because of the high cost, I found Pace Morby on YouTube and I followed him and watched almost all of his videos, and I just got impressed of how much he give for free, so I just listened to my heart and decided to join on October 2022! 

I cannot express with words how I feel!! Subto is not only a mentorship, but it is more than anything a Community! I have found countless hours of knowledge on how to master and be successful in each specific niche, either DTS, DTA, foreclosures, low equity, cash, creative, etc!!!

But besides all of that knowledge, we also have zooms where we receive so much support while also we make so valuable connections!! I can tell you that I finally found my people, like-minded individuals and we all have similar goals!!! 

As of right now, I am pursuing my first deal, I finally After exploring multiple niches decided the path I want to follow, it is just a matter of time and consistency, and I have no doubt!!

Pace has changed so many lives (I say that because of all the testimonies from people that have been in subto since before I joined) People are making in 1 month what other people make in 1 year or even longer!!! Pace has definitely changed my life too! Even though I haven't closed on my first deal, just being part of this community has been a life changer and mindset changer for me!!

If you still are wondering if you should join, I would say definitely do it!! Money is a filter, and in this community, I have found such amazing connections and friends!! <3

Just curious why it took nearly a year to find your niche?  For me, I'd rather find what method I want to do rather than shelling out money for something, then finding out if is for me or not.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 11 2023, 10:51

About Pace Morby's Subto mentorship....... I've previously invested in several real estate mentorships, but none have come close to the depth and quality of Subto's training.  I'm continually amazed by what Pace and his team bring to the table. Beyond the core curriculum, there's a wealth of bonus content and myriad opportunities to expand your real estate portfolio.

However, for newcomers, the sheer volume of options can be a tad overwhelming. While there's a foundational curriculum, the plethora of bonus content and activities can sometimes feel like a lot. But the Subto team excels in guiding you. They encourage members to identify their Avatar – essentially pinpointing the role or opportunity that suits them best. By focusing on one avenue at a time, you can truly harness the potential of the program.

In essence, Subto offers boundless opportunities for business growth, wealth accumulation, and financial independence. Choose your path, remain committed, and with the backing of this incredible community, success is within reach.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Sep 11 2023, 11:04
Quote from @Anthony Krupa:

About Pace Morby's Subto mentorship....... I've previously invested in several real estate mentorships, but none have come close to the depth and quality of Subto's training.  I'm continually amazed by what Pace and his team bring to the table. Beyond the core curriculum, there's a wealth of bonus content and myriad opportunities to expand your real estate portfolio.

However, for newcomers, the sheer volume of options can be a tad overwhelming. While there's a foundational curriculum, the plethora of bonus content and activities can sometimes feel like a lot. But the Subto team excels in guiding you. They encourage members to identify their Avatar – essentially pinpointing the role or opportunity that suits them best. By focusing on one avenue at a time, you can truly harness the potential of the program.

In essence, Subto offers boundless opportunities for business growth, wealth accumulation, and financial independence. Choose your path, remain committed, and with the backing of this incredible community, success is within reach.

what would help every one is if you mentee's would go to the General Real Estate topic and in the drop down there is a top for RE success stories that's a great place to post ACTUAL results not just talking bout the program we all understand people get excited about RE but most never do anything so if these programs you mentioned actually bear fruit then post some there for everyone to see and gain experience with and so on.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Sep 12 2023, 05:04

I did see your bio, which is why I created my post. Why would you mention your second-hand store and that you don't have much money instead of your 20-year career as a REALTOR, investor, and property manager in one of the best markets in the country? You should have earned above-average income these last 20 years, but you tell people you run a second-hand store? Odd.

The real question is why you don't share specifics of how Pace helped you invest in real estate? How many investments do you own? How many houses have you flipped? Are you financially independent? Have you increased your income 20% since joining SubTo?

Telling us you've "joined a family" sounds like a cult. Telling us the contracts are worth the fee sounds like you got suckered because contracts don't cost that much through an attorney. If SubTo is truly changing lives, please write an actual review that shows what you learned and the tangible results of that education.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 12 2023, 14:58

I joined last year. It’s been eye opening as someone who is new to real estate. I wanted to learn more of a niche concept that not everyone was doing and since I have done my first Subto/flip helping a family out of foreclosure. Very rewarding. As far as the content it’s loaded with gems. It’s a bit drawn out dialog but all in all I’ve made 10x my money in the first year. That isn’t always the case but I have been keep my head down learning. Not sure where you are starting from but it seems anyone has benefited who is willing to focus on an area for a period of time. Hope this helps. 

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Mahoney
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sonoma County, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sonoma County, CA
Replied Sep 13 2023, 09:17

Wow! I honestly do not know what to say other than how amazing Subto and the community is. It has single handedly been the most inspirational, educational, eye opening and informative content/experience that I have had in my life. The amount of content, support, time, energy, information that Pace and his team provides is invaluable. In my opinion, you honestly can’t put a dollar value to what Subto provides to you as long as you act on it. Cannot thank him and the Subto family enough!

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Sep 13 2023, 09:22
Quote from @Jacob Parker:

I joined last year. It’s been eye opening as someone who is new to real estate. I wanted to learn more of a niche concept that not everyone was doing and since I have done my first Subto/flip helping a family out of foreclosure. Very rewarding. As far as the content it’s loaded with gems. It’s a bit drawn out dialog but all in all I’ve made 10x my money in the first year. That isn’t always the case but I have been keep my head down learning. Not sure where you are starting from but it seems anyone has benefited who is willing to focus on an area for a period of time. Hope this helps. 

can you share the property addresses and case studies highlighting how you 10x your money 

we call it put your money where your mouth is

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Sep 13 2023, 11:19

I just hid another "review" from a user that directs people to her YouTube channel. Six posts in a couple hours, all in violation of the rules. She is a REALTOR and Pace Morby affiliate, so she gets paid every time someone joins the community through her link. I looked at her YouTube page and her BP profile and see no evidence she is an investor or that the SubTo program has helped her with investing.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 14 2023, 09:10

Pace Morby's Subto mentorship is the best available. Not only will you have access to curriculum that teaches you the details about multiple different strategies, but you'll be in a community of people doing every piece of RE at a high level. The accountability groups, friendships, and partnerships that come from the community is where the value is at. Sure, you can learn about many of the RE methods on YouTube for free. But getting access to this community FOR LIFE is worth the price of entrance. 

Additionally, the mentorship continues to get better over time. Since joining a year and a half ago, Pace has launched additional programs that cover topics such as social media presence, learning Transaction Coordination, and business acquisition. All of this comes at no additional cost, meaning the mentorship becomes more and more valuable with no more investment into it (other than your time). 

These reviews are not fake. They're just from grateful students. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Sep 14 2023, 10:26
Quote from @Jason Fontes:

Pace Morby's Subto mentorship is the best available. Not only will you have access to curriculum that teaches you the details about multiple different strategies, but you'll be in a community of people doing every piece of RE at a high level. The accountability groups, friendships, and partnerships that come from the community is where the value is at. Sure, you can learn about many of the RE methods on YouTube for free. But getting access to this community FOR LIFE is worth the price of entrance. 

Additionally, the mentorship continues to get better over time. Since joining a year and a half ago, Pace has launched additional programs that cover topics such as social media presence, learning Transaction Coordination, and business acquisition. All of this comes at no additional cost, meaning the mentorship becomes more and more valuable with no more investment into it (other than your time). 

These reviews are not fake. They're just from grateful students. 

this sounds like My Tesla's  we get over the air upgrades and new features almost every month Dog mode  Joe mode etc etc.. its really cool feature of Tesla's 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Sep 14 2023, 10:27

I just hid another "review" from a user that directs people to her YouTube channel. Six posts in a couple hours, all in violation of the rules. She is a REALTOR and Pace Morby affiliate, so she gets paid every time someone joins the community through her link. I looked at her YouTube page and her BP profile and see no evidence she is an investor or that the SubTo program has helped her with investing.

MLM  Amway approach.