Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Austin Real Estate Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Neil Narayan
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Dropbox CEO Drew Houston is moving to Austin

Neil Narayan
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Posted
  • - Dropbox CEO Drew Houston is moving to Austin, according to a report from The Information.
  • - Houston's departure from Silicon Valley is the latest in a string of high-profile moves during the pandemic.
  • - Investor Keith Rabois is moving to Miami, Palantir cofounder and venture capitalist Joe Lonsdale is also moving to Austin, Brex's cofounders are decamping for Los Angeles, and Palantir is moving the company headquarters to Denver.
  • - The pandemic has shifted how many tech companies value in-office work, leading to an exodus from the Bay Area and a migration toward more affordable cities.
  • Houston's move to Austin would put him in good company — the city has become home to several Silicon Valley expats: Douglas Merritt, the CEO of software company Splunk, is also moving to Austin, The Information reported. Joe Lonsdale, the cofounder of Palantir who currently runs venture capital firm 8VC, already lives in Austin with his family and confirmed earlier this month that he is moving his firm there as well.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dro...

User Stats

Votes
Wale Lawal
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Replied

@Neil Narayan Great news for Austin 

User Stats

Votes
Amit M.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied

He should have moved to Houston...

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.