Construction Estimating Software

Construction Estimating Software

Jim KalishPro Member
Real Estate Investor · Matthews, NC · Member since 2017 · 219 posts · 173 votes

Hi follow BP family.  I'm looking for software to help me estimate construction costs for rehabs. I've been doing my estimates in a spreadsheet, but it takes a long time and more to the point I'm still not very consistent or accurate on how many man hours different things take. I know I should develop my own database, but I would really like to find a piece of software that already has this information. I know material costs and labor costs are regional but the number of man hours it takes to pour a foundation or slab or paint a room should be consistent. And finding something that would also break down hours per unit, like number of hours per 100 square feet of wall surface, etc would be amazing. Consistency and ease of use are key. So any leads on this would be great.  

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and advice.

0Reply
20 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    5y

    There are some out there, just do a search until you find one you feel comfortable with. Be aware that different parts of the country have different ways of doing things, different pricing structures, Etc.....

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.