60Amp Power generator cable -- where to buy?

60Amp Power generator cable -- where to buy?

Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 708 votes

I have a portable power generator that has a 60Amp NEMA 14-60 receptacle and I need to connect that to a transfer switch with a CS6364 type socket.  Does anyone know where I might be able to buy such a cable?  I'd love to have a 15-20 run, but can make do with a 10ft cable.

All I can find (and even that took some searching) is a 50Amp cable with 14-50 plug on one end and the desired CS6364 connection at the other.  

Is there a supplier I have not come across yet, or is there an easy fix.  The 14-60 plug has one u-shaped and 3 straight/flat terminals.  The difference between the 14-50 and 14-60 is that the middle flat terminal is aligned with the other flat terminals for the 14-50, and it is turned 90 degrees for the 14-60

Any thoughts?

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Jasper GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y

RV store.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Jasper GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    RV store.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    11y

    May have to make your own.

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 708 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Bob B.:

    RV store.

     Thanks Bob - I have scoured several of those online but no luck yet.  14-50 (50Amp is relatively available but the 14-60 (60Amp ones) seem extremely rare.

  • Investor · Jasper GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Andrew S.

    How about a marine supply?

    What brand generator is it?

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 708 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Bob B.:

    @Andrew S.

    How about a marine supply?

    What brand generator is it?

     It's a NorthStar dual fuel

     http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200...

  • Investor · Jasper GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    If Northern Tool doesn't have it you will probably need to make one.

    Good Luck

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 708 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Bob B.:

    If Northern Tool doesn't have it you will probably need to make one.

    Good Luck

     I was afraid of that....  seems crazy that they sell a generator but not a cable to actually use the generator...  well, there are other outlets but none of them higher than 30Amps

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 677 posts · 309 votes
    11y

    One place you may try is a mobile home supply store. I have found them there. RV and mobile home parts suppliers do carry them around where I live and I thought of them because I was having the same difficulty finding what I needed at a regular electrical suppliers

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Andrew S.

    If you can source the connectors, then all you need is a length of 4-gauge (or even 6-gauge if the run is short) cable shielded cable.  I like to use 4-gauge or 2-gauge welder's cabling as it remains soft/flexible in cold weather.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.