Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Rehabbing & House Flipping
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Mark Bosworth
  • Flower Mound, TX
Votes |
Best source for kitchen cabinets?

Mark Bosworth
  • Flower Mound, TX
Posted Nov 1 2014, 07:59

Hi All,

I have a potential flip that needs a new kitchen.  Who do you use for inexpensive kitchen cabinets?  Big box store?  In the past I had an awesome custom cabinet guy but I've moved to a new area and don't have one yet.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Mike V.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Campbell, CA
Votes |
  • Campbell, CA
Replied Oct 17 2018, 13:16
Ordered mine from amazon. Had to message them the exact dimensions. Came out very nice and free shipping.

User Stats

Votes
Joe P.
  • Mechanicsburg, PA
Votes |
  • Mechanicsburg, PA
Replied Aug 8 2019, 17:47
Originally posted by @Steve Babiak:

I have found that you can find a local cabinet dealer that will get "knock down" cabinets (shipped disassembled flat in a box like IKEA), where the boxes are plywood (rather than MDF or particle board) and they are inexpensive as well. One such supplier in my area is called "House Possible" and you can order from his website and they will ship to you. But I think you will be better off finding the place near you that operates in a similar manner. 

And although they come from the manufacturer in knock down form, the local dealer will usually assemble them for a small markup, and even deliver to the job site. That is what I typically am looking for, so that it is no different than getting from the big box stores except for better built cabinets at a great price; that reduces contractor reluctance to install cabinets from an unfamiliar source. 

Any other "knock down" cabinet companies you know of in PA?  I'm in Harrisburg and looking for a standard 36" wide sink base cabinet that isn't particle board like all the ones at Lowes and Home Depot.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Steve Babiak
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Audubon, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Audubon, PA
Replied Aug 8 2019, 18:53
Originally posted by @Joe P.:
Originally posted by @Steve Babiak:

I have found that you can find a local cabinet dealer that will get "knock down" cabinets (shipped disassembled flat in a box like IKEA), where the boxes are plywood (rather than MDF or particle board) and they are inexpensive as well. One such supplier in my area is called "House Possible" and you can order from his website and they will ship to you. But I think you will be better off finding the place near you that operates in a similar manner. 

And although they come from the manufacturer in knock down form, the local dealer will usually assemble them for a small markup, and even deliver to the job site. That is what I typically am looking for, so that it is no different than getting from the big box stores except for better built cabinets at a great price; that reduces contractor reluctance to install cabinets from an unfamiliar source. 

Any other "knock down" cabinet companies you know of in PA?  I'm in Harrisburg and looking for a standard 36" wide sink base cabinet that isn't particle board like all the ones at Lowes and Home Depot.

I use Alex the Kitchen Guy (name of one of his websites). Google search that phrase and you will find it. You can tell him I suggested you contact him for cabinets.

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Cieslukowski
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Aug 8 2019, 19:30

Carter Lumber. Ask for Walt