Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Rehabbing & House Flipping
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Michael Weleski
Votes |
Home Reno Recommendations

Michael Weleski
Posted

Being someone who is interested and house flipping/ home renovation BUT is not handy at all, what are the best resources to learn and get better at this sort of stuff. (Looking for books, magazines, websites, job opportunities potentially, etc).

User Stats

Votes
Bill J Fay
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • San Diego
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • San Diego
Replied

YouTube - free!

Also, Home Depot holds free workshops as well. Link

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Irwin
  • Investor
  • Ankeny, IA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Ankeny, IA
Replied

Hey @Michael Weleski I would recommend finding someone who is in your market doing flipping/renovations and partner up with them (get to/find a local REIA meetup if you haven't already). Be willing to work/help for free and bring them value. Getting in the trenches not only is the best way to learn, but you'll be on the fast track to make the connections you need (contractors/vendors).

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Alan F.#1 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • California
Votes |
Alan F.#1 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • California
Replied
Quote from @Michael Weleski:

Being someone who is interested and house flipping/ home renovation BUT is not handy at all, what are the best resources to learn and get better at this sort of stuff. (Looking for books, magazines, websites, job opportunities potentially, etc).

If you're interested in learning tactile skills like the building trades then doing is probably the best route. Not to be rude, but it's my experience, that if people dont absolutely love building they won't be good tradesmen.

If its learning flipping as a whole, I'd start with J. Scott's book and then search out more. Also ask specific questions on the forum