Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Vi Huang
Votes |
Construction Issues in California

Vi Huang
Posted Jul 12 2024, 13:20

I was wondering if anyone can please give advice on how to get my contractor to finish up my project. We are building an ADU in California and he was supposed to be done by end of April. It is now mid July and he still has a fair amount of work to do. We're almost at the finish line but we've been "almost done" for the last 3 months. Now that we're putting the finishing touches, I've noticed some issues with craftsmanship and am concerned that having him fix these issues will further delay us. I have told him that I will share my experience on social media if he doesn't finish by today but we still have quite a bit left to do. Hoping some flippers or attorneys might be able to share how they've been able to get contractors to move quickly or if anyone has advice on what the best next steps are to ensure we finish up soon. If he actually sends people to work I'm guesstimating that there's maybe 1 or 2 weeks of work left to do at most but I see 1 or 2 things done each week.

Loading replies...