Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Rehabbing & House Flipping
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jose Laffitte
Votes |
Fix and Flip funding

Jose Laffitte
Posted

Hello All,

I am fairly new to REI and taking some baby steps to do research and find lenders that will fit my needs. Has anyone used BackFlip to fund any deals?

User Stats

Votes
Logan Singleton
Lender
  • Lender
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Boston, MA
Replied

Hi Jose, 

I first heard about Backflip a few weeks ago, and I haven't run into anyone who has funded a loan with them yet. However, based on their website, they do offer competitive programs for fix-and-flip investors. Please keep us posted if you end up using them as your lender. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Hi Jose. Congrats on making your leap into REI! Have you looked on your local REIA websites to see what lenders sponsor the monthly events? I recommend looking at reviews as well, and if they're BBB accredited - then that's also a green flag. Happy to connect.

CV3 Financial logo
CV3 Financial
|
Sponsored
Fix & Flip | DSCR | Construction Loans Up to 90% LTV - Up to 80% Cash Out - No Income Verification - No Seasoning Requirements

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Sherman
Pro Member
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Votes |
Pro Member
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Replied

Feel free to reach out anytime with any questions 

User Stats

Votes
Bill J Fay
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • San Diego
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • San Diego
Replied

Check out BP's tab:
Find a Hard Money Lender - Best Hard Money Lenders Near Me (biggerpockets.com)

User Stats

Votes
AJ Exner
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Replied
Quote from @Jose Laffitte:

Hello All,

I am fairly new to REI and taking some baby steps to do research and find lenders that will fit my needs. Has anyone used BackFlip to fund any deals?

Hey Jose,

Yes, I have worked with them multiple times and they are very solid. I have found that their sweet spot is after you have flipped 2 properties, as they have a number of programs (Zero Gravity, Double-Double, and standard) that can suit your deal and what you need at that time.

Happy to help navigate it if you are needing some help breaking them down.

Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied

Hello All,

Hey Jose, 

What led you to use them and what terms are they proposing to you? 

User Stats

Votes
Jose Laffitte
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Erik Estrada:

Hello All,

Hey Jose, 

Hey Erik,

a youtube ad led me to them nothing in specific.

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied
Quote from @Erik Estrada:

Hello All,

Hey Jose, 

Hey Erik,

a youtube ad led me to them nothing in specific.

Oh okay got it. Do they have any reviews?

User Stats

Votes
Shane Kluiter
Lender
  • Lender
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Replied

Our Brokerage works with Backflip. They have competitive programs. I you'd like can give you an overview of the funding landscape in non-QM.

User Stats

Votes
Roger Flot
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Mississippi Gulf Coast
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Mississippi Gulf Coast
Replied

I am currently doing a fix and flip loan with Backflip.  The experience is working out pretty well.

I think their goal is to be your one-stop-shop for the whole process and that will suit me going forward. They have an app that you can run comps on, play with rehab budgets, do ARV calculations as you drive for dollars and apply for the loan on the spot. The app gives immediate scores on what is a good deal and what may need more consideration to make it a good deal. They are in partnership with Obie for Fix & Flip type insurance (builders risk, etc).

They are big on education and partnership. They sponsor biweekly webinars, where they encourage Q&A on many topics in the Fix & Flip landscape.

The draw process seems standard (what you would expect) and makes sense. There are strategies that you can utilize here that can make it easier as well. They help monitor your progress and answer calls and texts swiftly.  My customer service rep is a flipper and I love that because he knows why I want to do what I want to do and can discuss the approaches with knowledge.

So far, the experience has been positive. I am coming near the end of this project and have already started plugging in some new addresses to run comps and get a jump on the ARV calculations to improve my experience going forward. There are no commitals until it works for you and there are no regulations or fees associated with using the app.

Feel free to DM me to find out more. I can recommend you to my guy, he's great!

User Stats

Votes
Charlice Arnold
  • Lender
  • Nationwide
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Nationwide
Replied

Hello All,

We have 100% financing joint venture program for fix and flip loans. Would be happy to get on a call to discuss further. Please reach out if interested.

User Stats

Votes
Jose Laffitte
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Charlice Arnold:

Hello All,

We have 100% financing joint venture program for fix and flip loans. Would be happy to get on a call to discuss further. Please reach out if interested.

Hello Charlice,

I will send you a message 

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Roger Flot:

I am currently doing a fix and flip loan with Backflip.  The experience is working out pretty well.

I think their goal is to be your one-stop-shop for the whole process and that will suit me going forward. They have an app that you can run comps on, play with rehab budgets, do ARV calculations as you drive for dollars and apply for the loan on the spot. The app gives immediate scores on what is a good deal and what may need more consideration to make it a good deal. They are in partnership with Obie for Fix & Flip type insurance (builders risk, etc).

They are big on education and partnership. They sponsor biweekly webinars, where they encourage Q&A on many topics in the Fix & Flip landscape.

The draw process seems standard (what you would expect) and makes sense. There are strategies that you can utilize here that can make it easier as well. They help monitor your progress and answer calls and texts swiftly.  My customer service rep is a flipper and I love that because he knows why I want to do what I want to do and can discuss the approaches with knowledge.

So far, the experience has been positive. I am coming near the end of this project and have already started plugging in some new addresses to run comps and get a jump on the ARV calculations to improve my experience going forward. There are no commitals until it works for you and there are no regulations or fees associated with using the app.

Feel free to DM me to find out more. I can recommend you to my guy, he's great!

Hi Roger- Can you please share your contact at Backflip? Thanks!