Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Innovative Strategies
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
James Walker
  • New to Real Estate
  • Virginia
Votes |
New Construction Opportunities

James Walker
  • New to Real Estate
  • Virginia
Posted

Hello.  Was wondering if anyone is currently engaged in new construction investments in the area, or have contacts who are.  I am weighing different strategies in the Chattanooga area and wanted to gain more insight into new construction cost structure in the region. 

User Stats

Votes
Brian Levredge
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chattanooga, TN
Replied

I've been both flipping and building specs in Chattanooga (I live here) for about ten years now.  Also own rentals, a PM company, etc and have bee investing here since 2009.  

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Hi @Brian Levredge- Since Chattanooga is my market of interest in a very near future, would you mind sharing with me what is the average price per squared footage for cosmetic rehab for fix and flip project?

Thank you,

Eden

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Levredge
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chattanooga, TN
Replied
Quote from @Eden Meng:

Hi @Brian Levredge- Since Chattanooga is my market of interest in a very near future, would you mind sharing with me what is the average price per squared footage for cosmetic rehab for fix and flip project?

Thank you,

Eden

Kind of depends on your scope but here's rough breakdown.  All prices are per sq ft, labor and materials, based on 800 sq ft unit:
Demo $1
Paint  $3
Electrical $1.50
Flooring (LVP snap and click): $4.75
Granite $3
Appliances $3
Cabinet refinishing: $1
Tub refinishing $1

User Stats

Votes
James Walker
  • New to Real Estate
  • Virginia
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Virginia
Replied
Quote from @Brian Levredge:

I've been both flipping and building specs in Chattanooga (I live here) for about ten years now.  Also own rentals, a PM company, etc and have bee investing here since 2009.  

Pleasure to meet you Brian. I am flying out of Chattanooga this morning,but was here the last few days getting a feel for the city. Looked at a few options including rehabs and new build. Would love to connect with you next time I am in the area. Some of the options I saw could use your services 

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Thank you Brian. Appreciate the input.

Eden

User Stats

Votes
Lindsay Davis
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied

@James Walker,

I’m active in Chattanooga but don’t do new construction there yet—I’m involved in ground-up in Tuscaloosa and Athens, AL for the time being.

In any case, I'd be happy to serve as a resource for your new construction or Chattanooga-related questions!

User Stats

Votes
James Walker
  • New to Real Estate
  • Virginia
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Virginia
Replied
Quote from @Lindsay Davis:

@James Walker,

I’m active in Chattanooga but don’t do new construction there yet—I’m involved in ground-up in Tuscaloosa and Athens, AL for the time being.

In any case, I'd be happy to serve as a resource for your new construction or Chattanooga-related questions!

Hello Lindsay. Thanks I will be reaching out