Skip to content
Innovative Strategies

User Stats

Votes
Caitlin Logue
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
RE Investors: What Does Your Real Estate Investment Portfolio Look Like?

Caitlin Logue
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Posted May 21 2024, 08:01

**I know this is all going to vary based on everyone's unique goals, timeline, and life situation**

But I am curious to know how you think about your real estate portfolio and how you approach your strategy. I am asking about a real estate portfolio specifically, not your overall portfolio that may consists of stocks and/or bonds.

Do you build your RE portfolio based on a predetermined percentage of each asset class (ex. 50% residential properties 50% passive funds)? Or do you go for cash flow only? How do you diversify your portfolio within real estate?

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Agent
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Agent
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied May 21 2024, 08:22

I think a lot of folks especially on BP that are kind of starting their journey are really only able to start with 1 to 4 units B/C thats easiest to finance and qualify for.. Plus the easiest to understand from a landlord perspective. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 22 2024, 15:19

@Caitlin Logue Single Family Houses .Both LTR and STR

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Don Konipol
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied Jun 23 2024, 01:25

50% in high yield real estate notes, 50% in real estate properties leveraged 50%.