Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Innovative Strategies
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Noah Worley
Votes |
21 year old with paid off house looking to invest

Noah Worley
Posted May 13 2024, 17:16

Hello all. I have question for some more experienced minds. To start off, I am not new to the game, my father was an experienced flipper and he figured out how to BRRR himself before YouTube was really a thing. He passed away when I was 16 and left me a paid off mobile home. Once I finish renovations it will be worth 175k bare minimum

My question: what is the best way to start from here? I thought about doing a cash out refinance and using that to buy another property that needs work. I also thought about just taking out an FHA loan (since my wife and I both have 750 credit scores) and buying a house and renting out my mobile home to cover the mortgage. Then just building equity for a while until I can move again and use another fha loan. I'm basically just getting stuck on logistics. I don't want to assume too much risk, but I also want to have at least 8 houses by the time I'm 30. I'm very passionate about real estate and I cannot wait to quit my W2 and do this full time

Looking for some like minded people who have been in the game longer than me, not just keyboard warriors. Thanks guys. 

User Stats

Votes
Jason Wray
Pro Member
  • Banker
  • Nationwide
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Banker
  • Nationwide
Replied May 13 2024, 19:49

Noa,

You can do a cash out refinance where you will be maxed at 80% LTV so around $140K based on the $175K value. That cash could spread out over 3-4 new rental properties with a 15% down model and homes around $200K. Just want to make sure the market rents support the new purchase PITI payment. Rents greater than the PITI payment and if you can focus on 2-4 units the multiple doors help achieve that goal.

On another note keep in mind Mobile/manufactured can be tough to refinance some lenders do not fund on them. The main guide lines focus on it being on a permanent foundation (Concrete slab), Hurricane tie-downs if you are in FL, GA, LA and a few other states, must be a double wide and not moved from another location. Some lenders require it be built before June 1976 and some require it to be less than 20 years old.

Just be ready for the lender to order a foundation inspection report and appraisal - both you pay out of pocket.  If all of those apply it makes sense to pull cash out and buy more properties.

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied May 14 2024, 09:30

You're off to a great start! I still house hacking from one property to the next is the best way to go. Take advantage of those FHA or homeowner occupant loans.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jackson Harris
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix AZ, USA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix AZ, USA
Replied May 14 2024, 09:37

I think your long term hold goal is a great mindset, I would be shooting for that goal of owning a few properties by the time you're 30.

As for what to do next, I would recommend a cash out refinance as long as the rent on the mobile home would cover the payment. Then take that and invest in a few different properties or 1-2 small multifamily properties. If your wife is comfortable living close to other tenants you can get some low down payment loans and have the tenants cover most if not all of the mortgage.