Votes |
How do you invest into Adult Care facilities

Troy Froistad
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Asbury, IA
Posted Apr 2 2024, 03:29

Hello,

A year ago, maybe two, I listened to a BP podcast about these properties that housed adults needing nursing care. The nurses would come stay at the facility and care for the adults for a period of time. The numbers on these deals claimed to be amazing. It sounds like something I could do here in our town of Dubuque, Iowa. I don't recall the specific name of these facilities and cannot find the podcast. I know it's a stretch, but does anyone know what strategy this might be and where I can find out more about it?

Thanks,

Troy

User Stats

Votes
Melanie P.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
Replied Apr 2 2024, 05:05

Assisted living, memory center, continuing care, rest home, independent living, ambulatory care are all terms for what you might be looking for. 

This will involve operating a piece of real estate and starting a business inside that piece of real estate. You'll need the skills of a landlord and a business owner. You'll also need to learn a lot about the adult-care industry - insurance and licenses needed, how to find employees, budgeting, how to find tenants/patients, etc.

User Stats

Votes
John Mocker#1 Insurance Contributor
  • Insurance Agent
  • Norwalk, CT
Votes |
  • Insurance Agent
  • Norwalk, CT
Replied Apr 3 2024, 11:38

Troy,

In addition to what Melanie listed I would add, you need to find out about the local, state, or federal guidelines (if any) that impact the setup of the property.  Do local ordinances or ADA guidelines require changes to the property such as: 

- accessible ramps

- sprinklers, fire alarms, fire escapes, etc.

- bathroom upgrades

- modifications to size of types of doorways, windows, etc

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Troy Froistad
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Asbury, IA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Asbury, IA
Replied Apr 3 2024, 17:08

Ok, I'll check those things out. Thanks for the tip.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 30 2024, 12:19

Hey Troy! 

My husband and I own and operate Platinum Resort Assisted Living in Georgetown, Texas.  We also help other individuals all throughout the U.S. who want to start their own Memory Care Mansion. We would love to help guide you through the process. 

Check out the following free resources: 

Assisted Living Investing Podcast with Brett Chotkevys

Memory Care Mansion Website

Brett Chotkevys YouTube Channel