You know you're doing something right when you hear...

You know you're doing something right when you hear...

Real Estate Investor · NY · Member since 2008 · 22 posts · 0 votes

1) Oh, your a r.e. investor... good luck with that (chuckling in the background).

2) The market is down, your not gonna make a dime in real estate!

3) I hope you didn't quit your day job! :goofy:

0Reply
12 views

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Bellefonte, PA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 88 votes
    18y
    Originally posted by "sjoanis":
    1) Oh, your a r.e. investor... good luck with that (chuckling in the background).

    2) The market is down, your not gonna make a dime in real estate!

    3) I hope you didn't quit your day job! :goofy:

    My replies would be:

    1. Thanks (with a returned chuckle)

    2. Your right, I'm going to make 100,000,000 dimes :mrgreen:

    3. What's a job? Just Over Broke. Nope, no thanks.

  • Real Estate Investor · Millsboro, DE · Member since 2008 · 480 posts · 26 votes
    18y

    Just say, "Could you please stand on the other side of me? I'm afraid if I'm downwind of you, your mediocrity could blow onto me." :D

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    18y

    "You can't do that."

  • Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2008 · 351 posts · 40 votes
    18y

    I was getting my haircut today and talking to the lady while she was cutting my hair. I eventually told her I wanted to start REI she said "That's a terrible idea the market is horrible". I just silently sat in my chair and remembered she was cutting my hair, and making a living off $10 hair cuts.

    No offense to anyone who enjoys cutting hair...

  • Real Estate Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 23 votes
    18y
    Originally posted by "dus22":
    ...making a living off $10 hair cuts...

    I know what you are saying... And good for you for being so polite and biting your lip…

    A little observation though... I can’t remember the last time I paid $10 for a haircut... Maybe in 1993 or 1994…

    Moral of the story… Don’t take advice from someone who doesn’t know or understand what it is that you do… And be nice to the guy with the $10 haircut, because he is a nice guy too!

    No offense to anyone with a $10 haircut...

    :D

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    18y

    "You don't have a job." Got this one today.....as if it's supposed to insult me... :lol: Every one of my tenants has jobs and better credit reports than me. :beer:

    "You buy cheap houses." Again....as if it's supposed to insult me.... :lol:

    "The seller will never accept that."

    "Aren't you afraid...." Fill in the blank.

  • Real Estate Investor · Reading, PA · Member since 2008 · 227 posts · 7 votes
    18y

    Just examples of how uneducated individuals believe the news and media with out researching.

    Hey, and if I could find some one who would give me a decent $10 hair cut why would I pay $50 for one!! I never seem to leave the salon for less than $100. As far as I am concerned the $10 hair cut guy is $90 up on me. :wink:

    rdinvestors

  • Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2008 · 351 posts · 40 votes
    18y

    Well I tip well so it was 13 dollars. I guess I'm up 87... 8)

  • Investor · Bellefonte, PA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 88 votes
    18y

    Hey there's another category for quicken. Tips. Track how much you pay out to people in tips/year.

    -Michael

  • Real Estate Coach · Oakton, VA · Member since 2008 · 695 posts · 43 votes
    18y

    You can't do that, that's illegal (from knucklehead lawyers, Realtors, and uneducated investors)

  • Real Estate Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2008 · 296 posts · 7 votes
    18y

    A little observation though... I can’t remember the last time I paid $10 for a haircut... Maybe in 1993 or 1994…

    Haha, Here in Gainesville, FL, the best guy in town cuts hair at $8.95. I've been to most everyone and still get the best hair cut from Randy.

    The joys of living in a college town.

  • Real Estate Investor · North Carolina · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 483 votes
    18y

    People who think they understand what you do start saying:

    "Where do you find these deals?..."

    Followed by:

    "I suppose you got this one for a song..."

    Followed by:

    "Hmmm, this looks pretty easy........"

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.