Rental properties in North Florida

Rental properties in North Florida

Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Hi everybody,

I'm an investor that looking to build a passive income through rental properties as for now I'm checking few cities in north FL: Jacksonville, Gainesville and Ocala. I have 500K to invest in cash and there is a lot of opportunities out there, I'm not familiar with those specific cities so it's confusing. My goal is to get 8-10% net cap rate for a long term (20-30 years), I'm still considering few strategies, To invest in a big and stable city like Jacksonville to buy a old house (1960-1980) in not so good neighborhood and give it to a property management company to take car of the properties or to go to a medium city like Gainesville but will still need a local property management or it will be better for me to invest in a new construction in a small city like Ocala (I know there is a lot of development in the area) and I can also manage it myself. I know that the property management it's not a primary consideration but I share it with you cause I have a very good and reliable team in Orlando so I'm sure they will save me a lot of money if they will take care of the properties.

I'll be happy to get advices and detail info from a local investors in those cities. please be specific including neighborhood names or zip codes where you think will be the best to put the money in. 

I'll very appreciate your corporation regarding it 

Thank you

Barak

0Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 355 posts · 380 votes
9y

@Barak Levi, I have property in Jacksonville...but why not invest in your own backyard in the Orlando Metro Area? Orlando is one of the six fastest growing in the state (Jacksonville is not growing as fast): Florida has 6 of the nation's fastest growing metro areas

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 355 posts · 380 votes
    9y

    @Barak Levi, I have property in Jacksonville...but why not invest in your own backyard in the Orlando Metro Area? Orlando is one of the six fastest growing in the state (Jacksonville is not growing as fast): Florida has 6 of the nation's fastest growing metro areas

  • Coral Springs, FL · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 10 votes
    9y
    I noticed that the homes up north are a lot cheaper then the ones here in south Florida. Are you going to invest in SFH or Multi family? Multi family will probably make your return on investment better and it'll probably be easier for Property management.
  • Winter Park, FL · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    If you ever consider Tallahassee lmk. I have scouted great properties, but have no $$. Will give info for promise of pat upon closing. Have a great day and good luck! Ray
  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Thank you guys for replied...

    Andrew A., I already have some rental properties in Orlando that I bought 4 years ago but now the market here is too high and the ROI is low so i have to get a way from Orlando in order to find a good cap rate.

    Jose Rueda, mostly I search for SFH cause it's very hard to find multi family but it is also an option for me and yes, you right the prices in north FL much cheaper than the south.

    Raymond Mazzie, Thank you very much for your offer but Tallahassee is too far for me.

    I'll be happy to get more opinions reg' my post

    Thank you all

  • Investor · Tromsø, Norway (Europe) · Member since 2015 · 431 posts · 194 votes
    9y

    @Barak Levi Jacksonville seems to be a good bet. Are you planning on doing cash purchases with that 500k or are you looking to leverage? If you are doing leverage what type of financing are you thinking of doing?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.