Jordan Hamilton from Toronto, playing professionally in the USA

Jordan Hamilton from Toronto, playing professionally in the USA

Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 8 votes

Hello everyone, my name is Jordan Hamilton. I am a professional athlete and was inspired to post/join bigger pockets after listening to another professional athlete on the BP podcast while on the way to my next destination (Indiana). I've always been interested in real estate and have always invested where I've played; Toronto & Columbus. I've made these purchases just to try and make "good investments" more so than focusing on strategically creating cashflow. This year I will be playing in Indiana. I would love to take my real estate experience to the next level, learn more, network, meet some local real estate people and continue to invest. I'm eager to learn and apply the BRRRR method. Happy to be here !

6Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Ontario · Member since 2015 · 486 posts · 250 votes
5y

Hey @JORDAN HAMILTON Very cool story. I invest in Oshawa near Toronto. I have access to a few loan products that work for foreign investors investing into the U.S. I see you have already invested in Columbus so you are covered in that area. I am following this post as I will also likely invest in the U.S for cash flow in the future. Good luck!

Jason

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Will FraserPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Welcome to the BiggerPockets forums, @JORDAN HAMILTON! That's a great idea and I hope you can roll with the BRRRR method in your time in Indiana and then rinse and repeat anywhere you go with success!

  • Gloria N GearBusiness Member
    Realtor · Indianapolis IN · Member since 2018 · 464 posts · 339 votes
    5y

    Hi Jordan!  Welcome to Indianapolis.  (I assume you are playing for Indy Eleven !?) The local Indianapolis investor groups are a very sharing group.  Look into CIREIA and INREA groups and all of the off shoot meetups from that.  Indiananpolis Out of State Investors is my favorite FB group.  A couple of good local podcasts are Indy Investor Pod and the The CEO Nation.  Hope to connect with you soon.

  • Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 8 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Will Fraser:

    Welcome to the BiggerPockets forums, @JORDAN HAMILTON! That's a great idea and I hope you can roll with the BRRRR method in your time in Indiana and then rinse and repeat anywhere you go with success!

     Thanks Will!

  • Chad RockeBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 383 posts · 181 votes
    5y

    Hey @JORDAN HAMILTON!

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

    1.Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

    2.Attend the FREE WEBINARS

    3.Attend a Meetup in Your Area / virtual meet ups

    4.Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

    5.Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

    Good Luck,

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    im in indy....definitely open to connecting....

  • Investor · Ontario · Member since 2015 · 486 posts · 250 votes
    5y

    Hey @JORDAN HAMILTON Very cool story. I invest in Oshawa near Toronto. I have access to a few loan products that work for foreign investors investing into the U.S. I see you have already invested in Columbus so you are covered in that area. I am following this post as I will also likely invest in the U.S for cash flow in the future. Good luck!

    Jason

  • Brandon GoldsmithBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Congrats on getting started. You can find some very solid investments in the midwest. Good luck! @JORDAN HAMILTON

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jason Shackleton:

    Hey @JORDAN HAMILTON Very cool story. I invest in Oshawa near Toronto. I have access to a few loan products that work for foreign investors investing into the U.S. I see you have already invested in Columbus so you are covered in that area. I am following this post as I will also likely invest in the U.S for cash flow in the future. Good luck!

    Jason

    The Columbus, Ohio real estate market is awesome! I have been investing here for a few years.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @JORDAN HAMILTON:

    Hello everyone, my name is Jordan Hamilton. I am a professional athlete and was inspired to post/join bigger pockets after listening to another professional athlete on the BP podcast while on the way to my next destination (Indiana). I've always been interested in real estate and have always invested where I've played; Toronto & Columbus. I've made these purchases just to try and make "good investments" more so than focusing on strategically creating cashflow. This year I will be playing in Indiana. I would love to take my real estate experience to the next level, learn more, network, meet some local real estate people and continue to invest. I'm eager to learn and apply the BRRRR method. Happy to be here !

    Jordan, awesome that you joined!

  • Brandon SturgillBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @JORDAN HAMILTON the Crew?...like Columbus, Ohio?

    Congrats on getting going...it's the right decision...it's really about diversification for an individual in your position...using a real estate to balance out your investment portfolio is an excellent idea. And at the end of the day, real estate is the best way to get directly involved with the awesome responsibility of providing housing to an individual. 

    Realize Multifamily Group11 Review
    View Page
  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 377 posts · 258 votes
    5y

    Welcome! You are in the right place! Tons of great information and experiences here at BP! 

  • Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 8 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Kerry Noble Jr:

    im in indy....definitely open to connecting....

    Just got my wifi set up ! Hit me up in the PM's!

  • Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 8 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Remington Lyman:
    Originally posted by @Jason Shackleton:

    Hey @JORDAN HAMILTON Very cool story. I invest in Oshawa near Toronto. I have access to a few loan products that work for foreign investors investing into the U.S. I see you have already invested in Columbus so you are covered in that area. I am following this post as I will also likely invest in the U.S for cash flow in the future. Good luck!

    Jason

    The Columbus, Ohio real estate market is awesome! I have been investing here for a few years.

     Very! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 135 posts · 145 votes
    5y

    @JORDAN HAMILTON J Hams! Welcome bro! We need to link up. We also have @Jordan Murrell and a few other players on here.

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2020 · 162 posts · 113 votes
    5y

    @Tesho Akindele @JORDAN HAMILTON

    What’s up bro?

    Long time no speak.

    Happy to see you on your journey.

    Let’s definitely connect this week. We can all jump on a call. Love seeing footballers on here building businesses. Looking forward to chatting!

  • Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 8 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jordan Murrell:

    @Tesho Akindele @JORDAN HAMILTON

    What’s up bro?

    Long time no speak.

    Happy to see you on your journey.

    Let’s definitely connect this week. We can all jump on a call. Love seeing footballers on here building businesses. Looking forward to chatting!

     My guy ! Hit me up

  • Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 8 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Tesho Akindele:

    @JORDAN HAMILTON J Hams! Welcome bro! We need to link up. We also have @Jordan Murrell and a few other players on here.

     Tesh! Yeah man we need too. Thanks for the welcome

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.