Hello from a Riaz -- a newbie from the Atlanta Area!

Hello from a Riaz -- a newbie from the Atlanta Area!

atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 4 votes

Hello BP family,

My name is Riaz Salehbhai. Ive been interested in Real Estate for as long as I can remember, but always watched from the sidelines.I started to listed to BP podcasts religiously over the last few months and it completely changed my outlook on what I want from my life - for me and my family.

A little background on me:

I have worked in the consulting world for the last 10 years as an engineer and MBA. I did well but never "enjoyed going to work". It was a slog. I made pretty good money, and had flexibility, but over the last few years, I realized my unhappiness at work was weighing on my personal life. I have 2 awesome (and crazy) kids, and a wife I love very much and family throughout the area. But we are currently a 1 income family. I recently left my cushy job in consulting to join a start up. And probably at the worst possible time. I started in Feb, and got layed off in May....Its been rough since, but am lucky to have family support.

All this being said, I KNOW I want to make it in real estate. I want the financial flexibility it affords. And I think I would be really good at it.

Im looking to start out building my portfolio with 1-2 rentals this year and a flip in the Atlanta/North GA area. I have capital available but want more experience.

My biggest deficiency has always been going for it. I get scared, find excuses, make problems that are not actually there…That’s what I love about the BP community. No excuses.

Ill be more active moving forward and will post more, but wanted to say hello. Im so excited to meet others in the same situation, learn from those with more experience, and make some thing more of my life. If anyone needs support or assistance, Im available. I see it as a way to learn.

Im looking for a full time job to support the family, but I plan to focus my efforts and time on this passion. On the side at first, but full time soon.

Thank you all and stay safe and healthy!

Riaz Salehbhai

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Carlisle, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 543 votes
6y

@Riaz Salehbhai,  welcome to BP and good luck. There are countless people here looking to help you get started. Network, use the resources, listen to the podcasts and away you go. Good luck moving forward!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    6y

    Riaz, welcome to Bigger Pockets. We are here to help. Bigger Pockets is a great place for education and networking. 

    Check out the Georgia Real Estate Investors Association for local education and networking. 

    Good luck investing and let me know if I can be of assistance. 

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Bill Hampton

    Thanks so much Bill! I have already learned so much in the last month and excited for what’s next.

  • Rental Property Investor · Carlisle, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 543 votes
    6y

    @Riaz Salehbhai,  welcome to BP and good luck. There are countless people here looking to help you get started. Network, use the resources, listen to the podcasts and away you go. Good luck moving forward!

  • Investor · Atlanta GA · Member since 2018 · 188 posts · 71 votes
    6y

    Hi @Riaz Salehbhai..welcome to BP. This place is a goldmine for awesome info. I try to listen to 1 podcast a day. I am from Atlanta too. Sending you a PM..

  • Brenden MitchumBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 872 votes
    6y

    Hey @Riaz Salehbhai, welcome to the BP community!

    Taking the leap is often the step that most investors get stuck at. Fear is a very powerful emotion that has evolved to keep us alive. Finding a way to hack into that emotion and work with it is a difficult thing to do. However, with your spirit, I do not think you will have much trouble. Just keep learning and hustling and things will start to fall into place!

    I am always happy to chat with a fellow ATLien so please feel free to message me anytime!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.