About to list our home. It is a new build that we unfortunately won't be living in due to job relocation. That being said I'm looking for listing price advice. The home appraises for around $525k. One realtor thinks we should list at $500k to hit that 450-500/500-550 search. Another says we list at $514,900. I'd like maximum return and try to get closer to 550k, though I understand it's a far fetch. This is a lake home in a very nice neighborhood with not many similar comps to compare. Any advice?
Real Estate Broker · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
@Zach Helms Depends on how quickly you want to sell it. Overpricing it is the kiss of death. Once everyone passes over it because the price is too high, they rarely go back to it once you start doing price drops. If you are in a fairly hot market, underpricing it a little should lead to multiple offers, driving the price up to whatever market value is. I would list at a round number...so 500k or 515k. If it were my own house, I would probably list at 500k.