New Investor Here in North Metro Atlanta

New Investor Here in North Metro Atlanta

Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 8 votes

Hey gang,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been shadowing various discussions here for a little while and it seems like the best place to connect and learn about REI on the interwebs :D

Currently trying to land my first wholesale deal. Seller is very motivated and I hope we'll come to a final decision in the AM.

Any advice, words of wisdom would be much appreciated. Also, I'm very eager to jump into the rental property game in Acworth, Kennesaw, Canton, Marietta, Woodstock GA and am looking for a private lender. If anyone can assist or just wants to connect, I'm an open book! Thank you and happy investing!

7Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Bill HamptonBusiness Member
Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
7y

@Sarah Kennedy, 

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. 

I recommend that you join one of the local real estate investors associations for more education and networking. Check out the Georgia Real Estate Investors Association. 

Good luck on your real estate journey.

Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 683 posts · 317 votes
    7y

    Good luck!! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2010 · 99 posts · 42 votes
    7y

    @Sarah Kennedy welcome to BP. How did your deal go?

    Vi

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Sarah Kennedy

    Welcome to the BP family! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area:
    https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcas

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    7y

    @Sarah Kennedy, 

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. 

    I recommend that you join one of the local real estate investors associations for more education and networking. Check out the Georgia Real Estate Investors Association. 

    Good luck on your real estate journey.

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Investor · United States · Member since 2018 · 565 posts · 356 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Sarah Kennedy:

    Hey gang,

    Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been shadowing various discussions here for a little while and it seems like the best place to connect and learn about REI on the interwebs :D

    Currently trying to land my first wholesale deal. Seller is very motivated and I hope we'll come to a final decision in the AM.

    Any advice, words of wisdom would be much appreciated. Also, I'm very eager to jump into the rental property game in Acworth, Kennesaw, Canton, Marietta, Woodstock GA and am looking for a private lender. If anyone can assist or just wants to connect, I'm an open book! Thank you and happy investing!

     Dean Tilman out of Buckhead is a good lender for investment properties. Good luck!

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

  • Rental Property Investor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2017 · 517 posts · 772 votes
    7y

    @Sarah Kennedy Hey Sarah. I'm targeting the same area :)

    Done a couple properties but still learning. Happy to share notes as we target these areas!

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 8 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Vee K.:

    @Sarah Kennedy welcome to BP. How did your deal go?

    Vi

    Thanks! Offered her the final number on her well-kept historic property that she's been running a boutique shop out of in which she's finally ready to close down. It's been kind of an eye sore on the community as it's really developing. She hasn't given me an answer but even though she's really eager to sell she may just want to get retail. 

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 8 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Joe Cassandra:

    @Sarah Kennedy Hey Sarah. I'm targeting the same area :)

    Done a couple properties but still learning. Happy to share notes as we target these areas!

    Sweet! Rentals are really increasing in demand around here.

  • Austell, GA · Member since 2017 · 110 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    Hey how are you, here at your services would be glad to help @sarahkennedy 

  • Member since 2019 · 33 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    @Sarah Kennedy,

    Welcome! I just joined as well, yesterday - from Newnan, GA. My brother just contacted me on wholesaling. He's interested in it, but I know nothing about it. I'm focusing on buying, renovating, and rent. Is this your first REI deal altogether or just first wholesale? Check out the BP Podcasts if you haven't yet. I listened to one yesterday about wholesaling. Great information. There are hundreds of them! I usually listen while I'm in the car. Hope that helps.

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 8 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Terry N.:

    @Sarah Kennedy,

    Welcome! I just joined as well, yesterday - from Newnan, GA. My brother just contacted me on wholesaling. He's interested in it, but I know nothing about it. I'm focusing on buying, renovating, and rent. Is this your first REI deal altogether or just first wholesale? Check out the BP Podcasts if you haven't yet. I listened to one yesterday about wholesaling. Great information. There are hundreds of them! I usually listen while I'm in the car. Hope that helps.

    Hey @Terry N,

    Awesome, thanks for your post. this would be my first deal altogether. We've finally agreed on a number, but she's been so busy we haven't been able to get the contract signed just yet. Always looking to expand my buyer network, I am open to JV. Shoot me a message if you want to work together at all.

  • Member since 2019 · 33 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    @Sarah Kennedy,

         Always looking for more business connections. Ya never know when they’ll help you or you’ll be able to help them. Will shoot you a message. Thanks for the offer. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.