New guy from Cartersville GA (near Atlanta)

New guy from Cartersville GA (near Atlanta)

Real Estate Agent · Cartersville, GA · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hey everyone! I've listened to the podcast for a while, but am new to the site here. I've already got some great info and look forward to a lot more. 

I've kinda had the real estate bug for most of my adult life and even a bit before that. I used to 'help' my dad a lot with repairs to our home and very much enjoyed that process. I've been a licensed real estate agent in Georgia since Feb of 2014. I also am a Software Engineer and have been doing that for nearly 13 years now.

This past Monday, I put my very first rental property under contract. It is a small 3 bed / 1 bath home about 3 miles from where I live. I found out about it and was able to make a deal without it ever hitting the MLS. I am quite frankly terrified because of how new all of this is to me.

I hope to be able to contribute some wisdom to the community and I know that I will certainly take in a lot of it along the way. Please send messages and reach out if you are nearby (or even if not), I enjoy meeting folks and I'm rarely too busy to stop and grab a coffee with someone and talk about investing, real estate, personal finance or even software stuff. 

1Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Taylorsville, GA · Member since 2014 · 352 posts · 540 votes
7y

Hey Josh! Welcome to BP. I’m in Bartow County also - just moved to Taylorsville a few weeks ago. I have several rental properties in Cobb County and was in your shoes a few short years ago with my first rental. 

Let me know if you want to chat - I’m happy to help if I can! 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Taylorsville, GA · Member since 2014 · 352 posts · 540 votes
    7y

    Hey Josh! Welcome to BP. I’m in Bartow County also - just moved to Taylorsville a few weeks ago. I have several rental properties in Cobb County and was in your shoes a few short years ago with my first rental. 

    Let me know if you want to chat - I’m happy to help if I can! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 22 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP Josh!  My rentals are in Kennesaw but a friend of mine just bought two rentals in Cartersville.  I think it's a great area, the 75 corridor is in "the path of progress" as they say.  If you're new to landlording I recommend Brandon and Heather Turners Book on Managing Rental Properties.  And if you'd like to join a weekly Mastermind call with myself and a couple of other new investors we're looking for two new members, just drop me a line.  Good luck with the new property!

  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    7y

    @Josh Chapman, welcome to Bigger Pockets. Good luck and let me know if I can be of assistance.

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.