Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 2 votes
Hi BP Familia,
Very excited to be on the BP platform! I’m a full-time scientist and part-time investor looking to get into real estate investing via wholesaling and eventually rental property ownership. After grad school, I taught myself how to invest in the stock market and have been very successful so far. Now I want to learn how to invest in real estate. My goal is to secure financial freedom and teach youth from underrepresented and underserved communities how to build wealth. Would love some advice or suggestions on wholesaling matters (especially in the Boston area).
Contractor · Oxford, MA · Member since 2018 · 807 posts · 745 votes
8y
Welcome to the forum! Spend some time reading the wholesaling area and Boston area and you will get more answers than you know what to do to with. It is overwhelming and awesome at the same time
Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y
Have you considered going to the local REIAs and RE meet ups, most of them are free or very low cost and a nice way for you to get the feel of what people are doing around the market. As a local Boston RE agent, I frequent the Boston Investor Guilds in Somerville often as well as some Needham and Norwood ones. I think if you're unsure about what you're doing for RE investing, having open and frank conversations with people about wholesaleing or flipping would give you insight for your next move and make you well educated in markets that are 'hot'.
One of my struggles is trying to prioritize learning what I need to know to get started, and putting off learning other things until I really need them. If you try to learn it all, you'll be educating yourself for years and years, where you could have hopped in and gotten farther learning by doing.