Real Estate Agent · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
I'm a fairly new Realtor in the Raleigh, NC area wanting to become an investor. My main interests are buy and hold properties and fix/flips to finance the purchase of the rentals. I also have a background in construction.
Investor · Cary, NC · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 18 votes
10y
Welcome @Derek Richardson You'll love this area. We've had a lot of success meeting people through BP as well as our local TREIA group. Also, contact @Adam Schneider to join his Deal Maker Session group that meets once a month. Are you also a general contractor? We'd love to meet some subs and contractors you may know in the area! Let us know how we can help you!
Real Estate Broker · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y
@Derek Richardson Welcome to the forums! Bigger Pockets is a great resource on how to learn to become an investor. Set up some key word alerts, hang out in the forums, listen to the podcasts and read the blogs. You'll learn more than you would doing it any other way. :)
Investor · Cary, NC · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 18 votes
10y
Welcome @Derek Richardson You'll love this area. We've had a lot of success meeting people through BP as well as our local TREIA group. Also, contact @Adam Schneider to join his Deal Maker Session group that meets once a month. Are you also a general contractor? We'd love to meet some subs and contractors you may know in the area! Let us know how we can help you!
Real Estate Agent · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
10y
Thanks for the greetings everyone! Candace, I'm not a GC, however I definitely have some contacts. My next step is to join the TREIA that you mentioned. Right now I'm trying to learn as much as possible so I can take the plunge and find my first property. Once again, thanks for the responses.