Investor · CA · Member since 2024 · 82 posts · 31 votes
1y
Hi Andrea,
Welcome to the world of real estate investing! Short-term rentals can be a great starting point, especially in markets with high tourism or business travel. One tip: focus on areas with year-round demand and check local regulations early—they can make or break a deal.
What market are you looking into? I’d love to hear about your goals and share insights if I can help. Let’s connect and learn together!
Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
1y
Hey Andrea, for STR you're definitely going to want to look into A/B class areas. These are prime locations, think near downtown or popular tourist destinations where demand for short-term rentals is typically high. These areas might have higher property prices, but they can offer premium rental rates and higher occupancy.
Real Estate Agent · Grand Rapids MI · Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 2 votes
1y
Hi Andrea, my wife and I own a Short Term Rental in West Michigan so I would be happy to answer any questions you have on how to analyze the property, what you should look for in a property and what questions to ask the county.