New Investor in Asheville, NC | Looking for house hack

New Investor in Asheville, NC | Looking for house hack

Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 5 votes

Hello, My name is Chris and I’m a new investor in the Asheville, NC market!

I’ve been listening to the BiggerPockets podcasts for awhile now and am looking to get out of the analysis paralysis phase.  I’ve been in Asheville since April/May and have fallen in love with the area and will be here for the foreseeable future.  In order to meet local investors I’ve recently joined the CREIA recently have have gone to 2 meetings so far -- its been refreshing to meet like minded people!

For the very first baby step I'd like to acquire a house hack using a low money down type of loan with the goal of living for free or close to free.  I've mainly been looking in the Asheville area BUT at the CREIA meeting I heard alot of folks talking about other areas like woodfin/Hendersonville/waynesville etc... so I could be interested in those but I'd need to educate myself a bit more on those markets before diving in

I've reached to to a handful of agents using the "Find an Agent tool" here on Bigger Pockets but would love to hear if anyone has any recommendations on investor friendly agents that work well with rookies

Also if you're a rookie (or really anyone) and would like to meet up and talk shop I'd love to! Coffee is on me :)

2Reply
47 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2020 · 463 posts · 507 votes
4y

Hi @Chris S.. I added you to our meetup invite list today. I'd highly recommend @Matt Payne. In addition to his experience with investor buyers, he's great at communication, negotiation, etc. And if you need a mortgage preapproval or just general feedback, I'm happy to help. 

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Hi Chris, welcome to the community! There is a great group of members on here to connect with.

  • Real Estate Agent · Asheville NC · Member since 2019 · 69 posts · 54 votes
    4y

    Hey @Chris S. welcome. There is an Asheville BP monthly meetup, I'll send you an invite. There will be lots of options for you no matter where exactly you wind up. 

  • Dawn BrenengenBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Welcome to BP!  I'm in the Raleigh area, but I love Asheville. I've sent a few friends of mine who bought rental properties there to an agent named Josh.  Let me know if you want his contact info.

  • Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Matt Payne:

    Hey @Chris S. welcome. There is an Asheville BP monthly meetup, I'll send you an invite. There will be lots of options for you no matter where exactly you wind up. 


    Matt that would be awesome! Also looking forward to chatting with you today

  • Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Dawn Brenengen:

    Welcome to BP!  I'm in the Raleigh area, but I love Asheville. I've sent a few friends of mine who bought rental properties there to an agent named Josh.  Let me know if you want his contact info.


    Thanks for the referral! The find an agent tool has already done wonders in terms of finding investor friendly agents in the area -- but please send over Josh's contact info! It doesn't hurt to have

  • Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2020 · 463 posts · 507 votes
    4y

    Hi @Chris S.. I added you to our meetup invite list today. I'd highly recommend @Matt Payne. In addition to his experience with investor buyers, he's great at communication, negotiation, etc. And if you need a mortgage preapproval or just general feedback, I'm happy to help. 

  • Asheville North Carolina · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    I've been looking at several multi-family units in Western North Carolina since I live in canton. It's hard to find any there's more in asheville. Have you considered just getting a bigger house and renting out the individual rooms? Potentially converting a living room if it has a living room and a family room into an additional room enabling you to have an additional tenant?

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets Chris and best of luck investing!

  • Member since 2022 · 19 posts · 11 votes
    3y

    Welcome Chris. I am in the exact same boat as you being a rookie investor in the Asheville area. Glad to see there are other up and comers in the area!

  • Seth PhillipsPro Member
    New to Real Estate · Asheville NC · Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    Hey Chris, I’m a rookie and looking to do the exact same thing as well! If you need somebody to chat with about real estate or house hacking feel free to reach out. Best of luck to you! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.