Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Colorado Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Haberkost
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
Office Rents - Colorado Springs

Daniel Haberkost
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted Sep 2 2021, 06:53

I'm working on purchasing my first commercial building here in CO Springs (80909 specifically). I have a residential portfolio but this will be my first commercial buy & hold. 

The building is partially occupied by the current owner who would be moving out with the remainder of the building leased to various mom/pop tenants so this would not be a turnkey deal. I'm getting somewhere in the ballpark of $14ish per sq ft per year for (what I estimate to be) C+ office space. 

Any input on rents and whether my assumptions are accurate or not would be appreciated!

Dan

User Stats

Votes
Travis Sperr
  • Lender
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Denver, CO
Replied Sep 2 2021, 07:43

My knowledge is limited and there are obviously variables in location, size of units, amenities, expenses, TI, etc. But based on a couple office buildings in the same zip code I pretty familiar with that rent seems high for that class of office. Happy to connect and discuss further.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Haberkost
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Sep 2 2021, 08:20

@Travis Sperr Thanks Travis, I sent you a direct message!

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 29 2024, 02:21

Jumping on this thread to share my thoughts on office rents in Colorado Springs. While I haven't crunched numbers recently, it feels like the market's been heating up. Landlords seem to have the upper hand these days.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 2 2024, 07:26
Quote from @Tade Saen:

Jumping on this thread to share my thoughts on office rents in Colorado Springs. While I haven't crunched numbers recently, it feels like the market's been heating up. Landlords seem to have the upper hand these days.

It might be worth checking out metroffice.com to see what kind of deals they're offering. They have a bunch of locations around the Springs, and co-working spaces can be a great way to get flexible office space without the huge commitment.

Just my two cents, but I'd love to hear what other folks in the Colorado Springs market are experiencing.