Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Devon Moore
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Hostaway PMS Software

Devon Moore
  • Boston, MA
Posted

Hi Everyone,

I explored switching from Hospitable to Hostaway PMS for my short-term rental. I decided to stick with Hospitable after the first onboarding call. In the first call they disconnected my old PMS before setting up any of the messaging, notifications to cleaners, or locks before the end of the call. The next call was not scheduled for about a week, so I was out of these automations that whole time. The solution from Hostaway was to wait for the next onboarding call and they would add some extra time, which was not helpful for about a week. 

If anyone decides to make a switch to Hostaway, just make sure they set up everything before disconnecting your Airbnb from your old PMS. 

There isn't a lot of information about comparing PMS providers, so just wanted to let anyone who is considering switching know my experience.

User Stats

Votes
Erwin Sham
  • Alhambra, CA
Votes |
  • Alhambra, CA
Replied
Quote from @Devon Moore:

Hi Everyone,

I explored switching from Hospitable to Hostaway PMS for my short-term rental. I decided to stick with Hospitable after the first onboarding call. In the first call they disconnected my old PMS before setting up any of the messaging, notifications to cleaners, or locks before the end of the call. The next call was not scheduled for about a week, so I was out of these automations that whole time. The solution from Hostaway was to wait for the next onboarding call and they would add some extra time, which was not helpful for about a week. 

If anyone decides to make a switch to Hostaway, just make sure they set up everything before disconnecting your Airbnb from your old PMS. 

There isn't a lot of information about comparing PMS providers, so just wanted to let anyone who is considering switching know my experience.

Yes a lot people assume it is plug and play when it requires work to switch over. Usually you want to provide yourself enough time to onboard your new pms before completely dumping your old pms. Also you could do both Hospitable and Hostaway as there isn't a true all in one solution that fits everyone needs. I have Hospitable and Bookingautomation for instance yes I could probably do everything in there except automatic looks but I really like Hospitable app for my VA. 

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Steffens
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied

Onboarding and offboarding PMS is one of the worst experiences I have had, and it only gets worse the larger you get :(

• Andrew Steffens
  • [email protected]
  • 813-563-0877
  • Hospitable logo
    Hospitable
    |
    Sponsored
    Free eBook: The Ultimate STR Guide Over 100 pages of focused knowledge to help you launch and scale your short-term rental business.

User Stats

Votes
    Sarah Kensinger
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Consultant
    • Ohio
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Consultant
    • Ohio
    Replied

Good to know! Not many people actually care for Hostaway, but there's a few major fans.

• Sarah Kensinger
  • 330-557-3021
  • User Stats

Votes
    Garrett Brown
    Pro Member
    • Rental Property Investor
    • Houston, TX
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Houston, TX
    Replied

Hey Devon! What did you like/not like about Hospitable that made you consider the change? I am just curious about my own research. 

I tried to switch PMSs, and it was not fun, as you experienced. I have a call this week to explore this option for hosts and see how PMSs can make this transition easier.

• Garrett Brown
  • [email protected]
  • User Stats

Votes
    Devon Moore
    • Boston, MA
    Votes |
    • Boston, MA
    Replied
    Quote from @Garrett Brown:

Hey Devon! What did you like/not like about Hospitable that made you consider the change? I am just curious about my own research. 

I tried to switch PMSs, and it was not fun, as you experienced. I have a call this week to explore this option for hosts and see how PMSs can make this transition easier.

I am in the process of creating a direct booking site and wanted to make sure I was using the best PMS system for me. I was referred to Hostaway by some people who have had a great experience with it. After finally getting into Hostaway, I felt it wasn't for me and the customer service was not very prompt or helpful with the issues. In the end I decided to stay with Hospitable.

It isn't helpful that you are not able to really test out Hostaway without paying a $250 onboarding fee and paying for the first month of service. All non-refundable. 

User Stats

Votes
    Garrett Brown
    Pro Member
    • Houston, TX
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Houston, TX
    Replied

@Devon Moore yikes, that is a bold move to not allow a free trial or testing on there part. I tested so many (not Hostaway, though) before I found mine and was very thankful to be able to try them out. I created a direct booking wordpress site and use PMS widgets if you have any questions, feel free to let me know!

www.cameronranchglamping.com

• Garrett Brown
  • [email protected]