Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Norine J.
Votes |
Airbnb Versus Furniture Finder

Norine J.
Posted

Curious to know if anyone has rented in both Airbnb and Furniture Finder in St. Paul, MN and what their preference has been. Which of the two is the better option? 

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Steffens
Pro Member
#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied
Quote from @Norine J.:

Curious to know if anyone has rented in both Airbnb and Furniture Finder in St. Paul, MN and what their preference has been. Which of the two is the better option? 

I have not done it in MN but if I had to choose 1 it would 100% be Airbnb. FF really only does well with medical professionals on travel contracts - so if your property is affordable and near a hospital it would do well, otherwise usually crickets - at least here in FL.  You can and should do both.

User Stats

Votes
Bryon Andrews
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Saint Paul, MN
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Saint Paul, MN
Replied
Quote from @Norine J.:

Hey Norine, I think @Andrew Steffens did a pretty good job explaining it. If you are in St. Paul and have easy access to hospitals it would definitely be worth doing Furnished Finder. Most Mid-Term/Furnished rental owners that I know do Airbnb.

• Real Estate Agent Wisconsin (#110141) and Minnesota (#40860934)

• 715-892-4596
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Kensinger
Pro Member
#5 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Replied

Are you doing a short-term rental or a mid-term rental? Furnish finder is for mid-term rentals and even with that, hosts are finding Airbnb does better at bring people in to stay for few months. 

User Stats

Votes
Norine J.
Votes |
Replied

I was thinking of doing both but leaning more toward mid-term rental targeting traveling nurses and professionals.

User Stats

Votes
Paul M.
  • Medford, MA
Votes |
  • Medford, MA
Replied

How does one get airbnb not to collect taxes on mid term rentals?

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Cain Humphrey
  • Investor
  • Kentucky
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Kentucky
Replied

I myself am a travel nurse and Airbnb host. I have both been looking for a place to stay and hosted travel nurses myself in my airbnb units. 

Travel nurses on furnished finder are wanting to pay way less. your dealing with individuals. who want to pocket as much money as possible and rightly so.

The goal with MTR is to connect to companies who pay for the nurses and also set up the housing for the nurses (the companies pay more) than the individual nurses want to. 

User Stats

Votes
Norine J.
Votes |
Replied

So as a host yourself you think Airbnb is better Furniture Finder? On Furniture Finder don't you set your price? so how can a travel nurse want to pay less than what you have advertised? isn't it a matter of getting people who want to rent at your set rate?

User Stats

Votes
Kumar R.
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Destin, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Destin, FL
Replied

@Norine J. Have you identified seasonality for your region? Maybe use Airbnb for peak season and furnished finder for off peak. I've used both Airbnb and FF for my units. As @Andrew Steffens said, FF is focused on traveling nurses and so is TN. We usually receive 3 month requests on FF for units that are close to the local hospital. Depending on the season we either turn them down or accept them.