Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Rachna Condos
Votes |
Airbnb Cohost or Mgt company

Rachna Condos
Posted Jul 18 2024, 20:56

We are in the process of purchasing a home in Bremerton and we live in CA at the present time. I would like to find a local person to assist with making it an Airbnb rental since I am so far away and cannot do so. I checked out Evolve but they don't seem to have cleaners as part of their service. Any ideas on this issue would be appreciated. 

User Stats

Votes
Alice Horn
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Kissimmee, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Kissimmee, FL
Replied Jul 19 2024, 03:13

Stay away from Evolve, Vacasa and the other large players. Find a local, boutique property management company. Make sure you look at their booking history and check out some of their listings to see review scores. Hopefully someone from that market will chime in and make it easy for you!

User Stats

Votes
Rachna Condos
Votes |
Replied Jul 19 2024, 09:16

Thanks Alice. Just for my knowledge why do you not like Evolve or Vacasa?

Baselane logo
Baselane
|
Sponsored
The Easiest Way to Save 150 hours & $5,000 / year Stop the busy work and start growing your RE business with market leading APY & automated finances

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Steffens
Pro Member
#2 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jul 19 2024, 09:27

I agree with Alice

Vacasa is about to be bankrupt and they have massive client as well as employee turnover.  Every month (here in FL) I onboard usually 1-2 Vacasa transfers.  They complain of feeling like a number, lack of transparency, poor quality control, and more.

Find a mid sized local company.  Ideally 30-100 units or so.  Small enough to for personalized care but big enough to have some budget for employees and technology.  I would also stay away from people just starting out, its hard being a 1/2 person operation with a low unit count.

Best of luck!

User Stats

Votes
Rachna Condos
Votes |
Replied Jul 19 2024, 09:29

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Alice Horn
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Kissimmee, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Kissimmee, FL
Replied Jul 19 2024, 11:42

@Rachna Condos That's exactly right. We "inherit" so many homeowners from the big players who have horror stories (only one booking in 6 months, guests who were allowed to wreck your home with no recourse...the list goes on and on). STR management is a highly local, hands on business and their business model just doesn't make sense.

User Stats

Votes
Mya Toohey
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tampa Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tampa Florida
Replied Jul 19 2024, 14:12

I am in Tampa Florida and we have a huge Facebook group that everyone uses to network within the area. That way you can find, reputable local resources for your STR. Best of Luck!

User Stats

Votes
Rachna Condos
Votes |
Replied Jul 19 2024, 14:40

Thanks for the tip. What is the name of your FB group? I will look for something similar in the Bremerton Washington area.

User Stats

Votes
Alice Horn
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Kissimmee, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Kissimmee, FL
Replied Jul 20 2024, 05:19

Also try this group for female STR investors, it's national and very supportive .

https://www.facebook.com/share/dRxVYnXZKz7nQ7YY/?mibextid=K3...

You might try the VRMA (Vacation Rental Managers Association), we also have FAVR in Orlando and the rest of Florida, not sure if you have a local association.

User Stats

Votes
Yanina Panfilenka
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Jul 20 2024, 13:10
Quote from @Rachna Condos:

We are in the process of purchasing a home in Bremerton and we live in CA at the present time. I would like to find a local person to assist with making it an Airbnb rental since I am so far away and cannot do so. I checked out Evolve but they don't seem to have cleaners as part of their service. Any ideas on this issue would be appreciated. 

Hi Rachna,
I'm on board with everyone about the big players. They don't care about your property, won't suggest the improvements, and just live of you.

I self manage AirBnb in Seattle and hired a remote PM in another property and should admit that if the PM is not local I could do the work and take care of the property much better than a hired PM. And we are pretty much done with that remote PM middle size. 

Everything could be managed remotely but you still need a person to inspect the property every month or more frequently during stabilization and less frequently afterwards.

Being a small-sized but with well established and automized STRs gives a better service comparing to middle size where you are just another client.

User Stats

Votes
Rachna Condos
Votes |
Replied Jul 20 2024, 14:09

I completely agree. We have never purchased a property so far away and it is overwhelming to think about how to furnish and manage it and finding local cleaners as well as making sure there is someone that can deal with any issues that arise for guests is very important to me.  If you know someone in Bremerton who would be good for this please let me know. 

Thanks for responding.

User Stats

Votes
Yanina Panfilenka
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Jul 20 2024, 14:34
Quote from @Rachna Condos:

I completely agree. We have never purchased a property so far away and it is overwhelming to think about how to furnish and manage it and finding local cleaners as well as making sure there is someone that can deal with any issues that arise for guests is very important to me.  If you know someone in Bremerton who would be good for this please let me know. 

Thanks for responding.

It is overwhelming but doable. Purchased, rehabbed, designed, and furnished 5 bed 3 bath in AZ completely remotely. From my experience, if the place is thought through and there are stickers in place, and the cleaner's team have a check list to go through, minimize the issues the guests might have, and most of them could be solved right on the spot. I had a case when needed to clean the coffeemaker and did it during a couple hours, or organized the TV replacement with a new unit in less than 4 hours.
And Bremerton is a bit of an hour drive but totally doable for me for managing, and will definitely have a local cleaning team and handyman. 
Let me know if you need help to bring your vision of place a to live or/and management.

User Stats

Votes
Allen Duan
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Jul 20 2024, 17:08

Sent you a DM @Rachna Condos. Perhaps I may be able to help!

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.