Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Martin D.
  • Realtor
  • Sedona, AZ
Votes |
Looking for a condo that allows for STR

Martin D.
  • Realtor
  • Sedona, AZ
Posted

Hi BP,

I'm a local Realtor/investor to Sedona and find myself traveling back and forth to the airport in Phoenix a lot. That drive is quite a drag, especially when I travel 15-20 hours to Europe and land at midnight and have to drive another 2 hours back home in Sedona.

I'm thinking of buying a small condo in a decent area not too far from the airport, that I can also STR while I don't need to use it (which would be 95% of the time) and offset the mortgage with... maybe even cash-flow a bit?

Any ideas which condos / areas would be the most ideal for this scenario?

Thank you so much, Phoenix-area investors!

Sincerely,
Martin

User Stats

Votes
Lauren Kormylo
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied

Although this is not exactly on your way from the airport to Sedona, it's not too far out of the way. Check out Camelback House condos in Scottsdale.  They're on Camelback Rd just west of Fashion Square Mall, so a great location for tourists going to Old Town Scottsdale.  There are 4 for sale right now, in the 300k's.  The mall is being rebranded as a super luxury shopping experience, which won't hurt appreciation of these condos with their proximity. I don't know how the yearly numbers are, I just know they've allowed STRs for a long time.  Here's the least expensive one: https://www.redfin.com/AZ/Scottsdale/4620-N-68th-St-85251/un...

And here's one fully furnished and turnkey as an STR https://www.redfin.com/AZ/Scottsdale/4620-N-68th-St-85251/un...

User Stats

Votes
Martin D.
  • Realtor
  • Sedona, AZ
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Sedona, AZ
Replied

Wow Lauren, thank you! That really hits the spot. These two you sent are sold but I will keep my eye on this complex :)

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.