Str Market Cities: 200k-400k

Str Market Cities: 200k-400k

Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 12 votes

Having a bit of analysis paralysis finding an str market with purchase price range of 200k-400k. I was going to do a 1031 and get into the Smoky Mountain area but ultimately decided not to since I have a 1099 job and enjoy the steady cashflow from my current long term rentals.

So I’m pivoting to a lower purchase price and struggling to find a good market - Blue Ridge, GA seems interesting but I’ve heard mixed reviews. Any suggestions of other markets worth analyzing?

1Reply
101 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Lancaster, OH · Member since 2022 · 15 posts · 25 votes
3y

Hocking Hills in Ohio is a great place to invest in the $200-400k range. Steady growth, affordable properties, limited seasonality. I have a few STR's there and was able to quit my 9-5 after only 2. Message me if you have any interest.

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Ocean Springs, MS · Member since 2022 · 349 posts · 301 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Baum:
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Michael Baum:

    I hear Coffeeville, Kansas has a lot of potential. :)


     Do tell 😃

    Kind of a joke. One of our long term gurus here has 23 units in Coffeeville. It is the worst place in America to live. He has a very specialized rental that he rents to refinery guys. He buys homes for usually under 10k, does minor rehab and rents by the room $400 a week.

    Coffeeville is a refinery town and that is about it. Search for Paul Sandhu and you will find a ton of posts that are funny as hell.

     Speaking of, where has he been? Unusually quiet from him lately. I hope he is ok. 

  • Jay ThomasPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 715 votes
    3y

    Real estate in the Tampa area has been steadily rising over the past few years, and it shows no signs of slowing down. For those looking to invest in a property at the upper end of their budget range, there are still some great opportunities available. You can find a 3/2 home close to downtown Tampa for around $400k that should yield decent cash flow. It's definitely worth taking a look!

  • Real Estate Agent · Destin, FL · Member since 2019 · 116 posts · 111 votes
    3y

    Panama City Beach or Navarre, FL are worth checking out! Both have really great history of STR success.

  • Mike WilliamsPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Dalton, GA · Member since 2010 · 244 posts · 35 votes
    3y

    I have seen a couple of cabins listed recently in that price range in Ellijay, just south of Blue Ridge. The numbers seem to work. 

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Another vote for Mrytle Beach per Michael Weigum's comment. I haven't invested there myself but beach adjacent property is surprisingly attainable and there's a durable market for tourism there. Between the stable economic projections published by the Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce and downward pressure on values given high interest rates, it might be a good time to get in at a good price, cash flow, and reap the appreciation goals in the next 5-ish years. 


  • Myrtle Mike ThompsonBusiness Member
    Realtor · Myrtle Beach, SC · Member since 2016 · 350 posts · 204 votes
    3y

    @Dave Villa I'm curious if you have an update on where you're at.  Still stuck in analysis paralysis?  I can send you some good examples of cash-flowing options in Myrtle Beach under $250k.

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2019 · 569 posts · 257 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Dave Villa:

    Having a bit of analysis paralysis finding an str market with purchase price range of 200k-400k. I was going to do a 1031 and get into the Smoky Mountain area but ultimately decided not to since I have a 1099 job and enjoy the steady cashflow from my current long term rentals.

    So I’m pivoting to a lower purchase price and struggling to find a good market - Blue Ridge, GA seems interesting but I’ve heard mixed reviews. Any suggestions of other markets worth analyzing?


    There are options in Panama City Beach that can be STR generating up 55k in gross revenue for properties under 400k! We just helped 3 buyers purchase properties that meet the 10-15% gross rule for the vacation rentals.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.