Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Events & Meetups
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Shiloh Lundahl
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gilbert, AZ
Votes |
Investor Meet Up in Mesa Arizona

Shiloh Lundahl
Pro Member
  • Gilbert, AZ
Posted Aug 18 2018, 15:40
This event is brought to you by:

14 Replies

• 09/19/18 07:30PM - 09:30PM America/Los_Angeles
  • Located at Arizona Family Therapy Group - Limited to 40 Peop, 3048 E Baseline Rd, Ste. 107 Mesa, Arizona 85204
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Last meeting was fantastic. We had one of our wholesaler friends, Josiah Grimes from KeyGlee Investments, present on the wholesaling model and he did an awesome job. The investors who attended got a ton of great information. 

This next meet up we are happy to have another friend of mine @Ben Leybovich and his partner @Sam Grooms present on their recent 98-unit multi family property in Phoenix, Arizona. I am so excited to have them come and share this experience with us. 

Remember the meet up is limited to 40 people so make sure you click the ATTEND EVENT button above to let us know you are planning to attend. I look forward to seeing you there!

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Karges
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Gilbert, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Gilbert, AZ
Replied Aug 18 2018, 17:36

Kind of a bummer that the android app doesn't show the time, location or the attend button.  Had to get on the desktop to see it and click it.  Seen some info on @Ben Leybovich & @Sam Grooms deal.  Looking forward to hearing more about it.

User Stats

Votes
Stone Jin
  • Chandler AZ and Sylvania, OH
Votes |
Replied Aug 21 2018, 17:46

Will try hard to make it!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Daniela Muhammad
  • Developer
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Aug 22 2018, 16:21

@Shiloh Lundahl I am really looking forward to this next meeting! Thank you again for coordinating.

User Stats

Votes
Shiloh Lundahl
Pro Member
  • Gilbert, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Gilbert, AZ
Replied Sep 2 2018, 06:59

I would like to extend a special invitation to the following people. @Justin Owens, @Nichole Stohler, @Mike Stohler, @Randy K., @Dick Rosen, @Matt Dickens, @Romel Q., @Jason Sullivan, @Kimberly Wright, @Mike White, @Kellen Driscoll, @Charlene McNamara, @Paul G., @Bob Okenwa, @Ken Breeze, @Bob E., @Alan Grobmeier, @Dovid Staples.

If you haven’t ever met @Ben Leybovich you are missing out.  He is a very experienced investor and is well known in the BP community. He is one of the few investors who has been on 3 BP podcasts and now he is local to Arizona. I am really excited to have him present on his multi-unit deal he did in Phoenix recently. I hope you are able to make it.

User Stats

Votes
Ben Leybovich
  • Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH
Votes |
Replied Sep 2 2018, 08:32

@Shiloh Lundahl - Thanks for the invite. Sam and I are looking forward to spending some time with you guys.

We will do the best we can to get into as many of the nuts and bolts as we can, considering the very limited time. To help us be most productive, allow me to identify who this event will be most beneficial for:

1. If you are considering coming to this meet-up, please read through  this thread on BP forums. If you find it interesting and would like to ask specific questions - this event will benefit you.
  2. If you own some rentals and would like to scale but are not sure how - this event will benefit you.
  3. If you own some rentals and are ready to transition to more passive investing - this event will benefit you.
  4. If you are struggling to find good deals - this event will benefit you.
  5. If you have been a successful flipper (I already know there are a few of you out here) and are ready to transition into rentals - this event will benefit you.
  6. If you have been able to raise $500,000 in private capital for small deals but would like to scale - this event will benefit you.

Hopefully, this creates a fair picture. Having said this, the event is not right for everyone. Please have reasonable expectations. 

@Sam Grooms and I want to answer as many pertinent questions as we can. We have no desire to mirror the American educational system's approach of no child left behind, a dive toward the lowest common denominator. As such, for this event to be successful, we are looking forward to serious people, with serious experience and success profile, asking serious questions.

We will answer every question and hold nothing back. 

User Stats

Votes
Ben Leybovich
Votes |
Replied Sep 2 2018, 09:03
Originally posted by @Stone Jin:

Will try hard to make it!

Sylvania - outside of Dayton? 

User Stats

Votes
Stone Jin
Votes |
Replied Sep 2 2018, 13:01
@Ben Leybovich. Outside of Toledo.

User Stats

Votes
Mike White
Pro Member
  • Acworth, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Acworth, GA
Replied Sep 3 2018, 17:23

@Shiloh Lundahl , Thanks for the invite! I think I am going to miss this one, I'll be out of town.

User Stats

Votes
Kellen Driscoll
  • Investor
  • Chandler, AZ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Chandler, AZ
Replied Sep 5 2018, 20:27

@Shiloh Lundahl thanks for the invite, and I am looking forward to being able to make this one.  I will look forward to hearing what fellow AZ investors are up to!

User Stats

Votes
Dovid Staples
  • Chandler, AZ
Votes |
  • Chandler, AZ
Replied Sep 14 2018, 07:17

@Shiloh Lundahl thanks for the invite. Wish I can attend, but it's Yom Kippur that day!

User Stats

Votes
Stone Jin
Votes |
Replied Sep 20 2018, 10:16

@Shiloh Lundahl  Thanks for hosting the meet up, it was fun.

@Sam Grooms @Ben Leybovich Thanks for presenting the real side of investing in large MF.  Very enlightening.

See you guys around,

Stone

User Stats

Votes
Ben Leybovich
Votes |
Replied Sep 20 2018, 14:17
Originally posted by @Stone Jin:

@Shiloh Lundahl  Thanks for hosting the meet up, it was fun.

@Sam Grooms @Ben Leybovich Thanks for presenting the real side of investing in large MF.  Very enlightening.

See you guys around,

Stone

Stone, we had a good time. Kinda feel I made some of you guys nervous, though...lol

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Stone Jin
Votes |
Replied Sep 20 2018, 14:41

@Ben Leybovich I think the audience was primarily people wanting to learn and new investors.  I think you guys did a great job in relaying the fact that real estate is hard work at every level, whether it is 1 unit or 100 units.  There is a lot involved and most people were just digesting what you two were saying.  

Besides every time you told the crowd they sucked, Sam was able to save it from going down a dark hole. :)

Hope to see you around Chandler, now I have to peer at every black tesla I pass to see if I know the driver!!

User Stats

Votes
Ken Breeze
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Sep 22 2018, 09:23

Thanks for the invitation @Shiloh Lundahl :-)

Wish I could make it. Let's meet up for coffee, lunch or drinks since I'll be touching down in Phoenix from Germany October 3rd for min. 2 weeks and open to meet & greet with anyone wanting to sit down on a "One on One" to discuss multifamily investing challenges, projects, syndication, co-sponsoring, capital investing and partnerships.

P.S. My team and I enjoyed your BP Podcast ;-)