How to remove dried paint from carpet?

How to remove dried paint from carpet?

Member since 2020 · 24 posts · 4 votes
Hello everyone, 

I recently had an unfortunate incident where our contractor (who seemed to be doing a great job for the past 4 months since we started working together) had his men do some touch up painting and not use a drop cloth. They left lots of small flecks of paint and chips of old paint around the unit. They were able to clean up all of the stuff that was able to be vacuumed but now there is still a decent amount of paint damage to the carpet and other surfaces only in the areas they were doing touch ups. Is there a good solution to get the paint out of the carpet? Is there a service you would recommend? Unfortunately the contractor themselves was unable to adequately clean up their mess so we are looking into working with someone else to remedy the situation. Thanks for any and all advice!
0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2015 · 626 posts · 495 votes
4y

I had paint stains on a carpet.  I called a local carpet cleaning company and luckily they were able to get it out.  Usually the steam loosens up the paint. Try that out

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2015 · 626 posts · 495 votes
    4y

    I had paint stains on a carpet.  I called a local carpet cleaning company and luckily they were able to get it out.  Usually the steam loosens up the paint. Try that out

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    No Drop Cloth = Lay-Zee workmanship in my opinion.

  • Member since 2020 · 24 posts · 4 votes
    4y
    Thanks Joe, Ironically they are a carpet cleaning company and didn't feel they could do the job. And yes Scott I was quite shocked myself as the quality of work itself seems pretty good and the price reasonable. If anyone has alternative general contractors in the Baltimore area please PM me! Thanks
  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2021 · 384 posts · 197 votes
    4y

    I agree with @Joe Martella. A local carpet cleaning company would be able to fix this!

  • Member since 2020 · 24 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    Thanks Mary, I will look into finding a different one.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.