Need a PM in Cincinnati

Need a PM in Cincinnati

Mason, OH · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 5 votes

One PM takes 8%, one 6%. One marks up larger jobs, but won't say how much. I feel like marking up repairs is paying twice. I already pay a management fee, then they mark up work? Is this normal? One has tons of fees, such as a $30 technology fee per unit, per year. That's $930 a year on top of management fees. Can anyone recommend a PM, specifically that work on the west side of Cincy? Or is someone willing to give me advice? Someone with 30+ units that have worked with PMs? Please and thank you!

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
4y
Originally posted by @Jennifer McCurrach:

One PM takes 8%, one 6%. One marks up larger jobs, but won't say how much. I feel like marking up repairs is paying twice. I already pay a management fee, then they mark up work? Is this normal? One has tons of fees, such as a $30 technology fee per unit, per year. That's $930 a year on top of management fees. Can anyone recommend a PM, specifically that work on the west side of Cincy? Or is someone willing to give me advice? Someone with 30+ units that have worked with PMs? Please and thank you!

 I have a list of PM's my clients work with in Cincinnati I can share.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y

    Hi Jennifer - Am planning to invest in the Cincinnati OH area looking on the east side. In regards to PM, I don't have any recommendations in OH. However generally from working with 2-3 other PMs in the west coast, I am 100% fine paying more of a premium each month for a PM that is transparent and is able to give more time to communication. I've tried the lower 6-7% PMs and usually you'll either pay mark ups on repairs (what you've noted) or pay extra fees (i.e. labor hours, extra calls) that you may or may not notice. 

  • Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 10 votes
    4y

    Hey Jennifer! 

    I am also in Cincinnati and I did speak with True Home Ohio (https://truehomeohio.com) and they seemed to be somewhat reasonable except I believe they take a flat fee of $105 per door so depending on how much rent is for that door it could be cheaper or more expensive but their other fees I thought were very reasonable. They had good reviews so I am planning on working with them and seeing how it goes. They cover west wood and other west side areas but there are certain places they said they would not cover such as college hill. Let me know if you find anything juicy in terms of PM! 

  • Rental Property Investor · centervill in · Member since 2019 · 86 posts · 49 votes
    4y

    @Jennifer McCurrach DM me

    For my good property manager.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Jennifer McCurrach:

    One PM takes 8%, one 6%. One marks up larger jobs, but won't say how much. I feel like marking up repairs is paying twice. I already pay a management fee, then they mark up work? Is this normal? One has tons of fees, such as a $30 technology fee per unit, per year. That's $930 a year on top of management fees. Can anyone recommend a PM, specifically that work on the west side of Cincy? Or is someone willing to give me advice? Someone with 30+ units that have worked with PMs? Please and thank you!

     I have a list of PM's my clients work with in Cincinnati I can share.

  • Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Steven Foster Wilson:
    Originally posted by @Jennifer McCurrach:

    One PM takes 8%, one 6%. One marks up larger jobs, but won't say how much. I feel like marking up repairs is paying twice. I already pay a management fee, then they mark up work? Is this normal? One has tons of fees, such as a $30 technology fee per unit, per year. That's $930 a year on top of management fees. Can anyone recommend a PM, specifically that work on the west side of Cincy? Or is someone willing to give me advice? Someone with 30+ units that have worked with PMs? Please and thank you!

     I have a list of PM's my clients work with in Cincinnati I can share.


     Hey Steven, I'm sending you a DM. I hope you can help send me a list!

  • Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    Hi Has anyone found a good PM in the Cincinnati Ohio area? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.