How to start you own property management company

How to start you own property management company

Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 6 votes

Top of the day to all,

I am interested in starting my own property management company. Does anyone have any recommendations on how do to this in VA? Do you to be licensed as a real estate agent or broker? Do you need any type of special education?

Thank you for sharing and caring.

T

0Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    7y

    CLICK HERE for the requirements for Virginia.

    My recommendation is always that you find an established property management company that will hire you. Get your license, learn the ropes, and see if this is what you really want to do. You need to work for three years as a licensed agent before you can break out on your own.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Hi Nathan,

    Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.  This is great and I will use the link you shared with me to gather more information on the topic.  I sort of figured it would be that way. I work for a UHNWI and manage his personal property which I guess is very different.  I have 2 properties in Maui and always think that I can do a better service than what they offer me which is the reason why I am asking.  I have been in hospitality for 10 years now and have a good understanding of how to provide that best service owners would be looking for because I am on both sides...  The road is long and windy, but thanks to you I have more information to off from now and will continue to educate myself.

    Thanks for sharing and caring.

    T

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.