Best site for tenant screening in Chicago at a reasonable price?

Best site for tenant screening in Chicago at a reasonable price?

Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
Hello I am new to bigger pockets and to real estate in general. I purchased my first 2 rental properties earlier this year in Chicago so I'm pretty much a newbie. I am wondering what sites you guys use for tenant screening (background/ credit check). I have an open house tomorrow with a large amount of potential renters coming to look at the unit. How do you guys filter through potential tenants? Any info is appreciated, thank you
1Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 179 posts · 122 votes
7y

Thanks for the mention @Mark Ainley!

Hey @Angel Marquez! Like Brie, I also use www.mysmartmove.com. I have also used www.rentprep.com, but I like the detail of MySmartMove's credit reports. RentPrep and MySmartMove partnered up, so you can purchase the BG and Credit check from RentPrep if you like. The only downfall is you don't have the ability to send a link that allows the applicant to pay for them directly like MySmartMove allows you to. 

Hope this helps! 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y
  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 270 posts · 187 votes
    7y

    I use www.avail.co

  • Mark AinleyBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Roselle, IL (Chicago Suburb) · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Christopher Malone Who do you use?  Maybe you can advise @Angel Marquez .

    Angel, if you need any help on underwriting tips, copy of a lease, or access to our screening matrix, feel free to reach out.  

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 179 posts · 122 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the mention @Mark Ainley!

    Hey @Angel Marquez! Like Brie, I also use www.mysmartmove.com. I have also used www.rentprep.com, but I like the detail of MySmartMove's credit reports. RentPrep and MySmartMove partnered up, so you can purchase the BG and Credit check from RentPrep if you like. The only downfall is you don't have the ability to send a link that allows the applicant to pay for them directly like MySmartMove allows you to. 

    Hope this helps! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y
    Thank you all so much for the advice, it is greatly appreciated!
  • Buffalo, NY · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 75 votes
    7y

    Hey @Christopher Malone thanks for the mention! 

    Just so you know RentPrep does allow landlords to choose to have applicants to pay for their SmartMove reports. We've been investing heavily in our unique partnership with Transunion and in January 2019 landlords will be able to order SmartMove reports with RentPrep's popular verification products as well. So keep an eye out for that and let me know if you're interested in helping us test the new release, we're looking for experienced landlords that know the SmartMove product well and you'd be perfect. DM me if interested and we'll connect as we get closer to launching. 

    Happy landlording!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.