• Wholesaler
  • Detroit, MI
Votes |
recommendations for Metro Detroit property management companies

Arthur Rivera
  • Wholesaler
  • Detroit, MI
Posted Dec 16 2017, 09:57
does anybody have any good recommendations for property management companies that serve the Metro Detroit area if anybody could help thanks.

User Stats

Votes
Antoine Martel
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Miami, FL
Replied Dec 18 2017, 10:09

I'm looking for some as well!

User Stats

Votes
Chris LumLee
  • Investor
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Honolulu, HI
Replied Dec 18 2017, 10:59

@Jasmine C. this one's for you also...

The one I have now (MDPM) isn't that great. The staff is unresponsive so I always have to go to their Office Manager...and to be honest I think she's getting tired of me emailing her with problems (hahaha). When I first started I set up a call with someone there so I could ask questions about the lease, payments, etc. So when I called, no answer. So when I emailed "what's up" she said "was with the owner" and no attempt to follow-up.

Another time they sent me a notice saying that I had to provide an official copy of the warranty deed so they could transfer the water bill payment to the tenant otherwise they'd charge me a $25 fee for them to pull the record so I gave them what I had. They didn't tell me that what I had was insufficient so they charged me the fee without telling me.

Then another time they said they needed to do some repairs so I said okay. I emailed asking if they'll be taking the cost out of the rent and no response. Then I said let me know when the work was completed and no response. I eventually had to chase him down through the Office Manager.

The only reason I'm still with them is because I don't want to rock the boat and have the tenant go through any hassle in the course of transitioning out to a new manager. Once the tenant leaves then I'll revisit getting a new manager.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Joe Villeneuve
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Plymouth, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Plymouth, MI
Replied Dec 18 2017, 12:15

Yes, but they don't do Detroit.  They will do all the surrounding cities and further out state.