Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Sara Valentine
Votes |
Artificial grass as an option for a very small backyard in a very nice rental ?

Sara Valentine
Posted Aug 14 2024, 12:35

Would love some input about the pros and cons of ARTIFICIAL GRASS in backyard of rental properties. I have a very nice duplex in a classy neighborhood, with each side having its own private, but very small back yard. Because the backyards are so small, even a single dog is hard on the real grass (concentration of urine in a small area scalds the grass). Would artificial grass be considered a negative by renters - i.e. too tacky or 'low-rent' in a fairly high rent rental? I'm guessing there are some nicer, high-end artificial products out there ? THANKS to everyone who answered my previous question in this same vein and THANKS in ADVANCE for any answers to this question!

User Stats

Votes
Ray Williams
Lender
  • Lender
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Denver, CO
Replied Aug 14 2024, 13:07

I researched this. The cost wasn't my concern. But if you allow tenants to have pets it is not maintenance free and needs to be cleaned/sprayed down etc. I think also, depending on how hot it is there it could be a + or - as I believe it absorbs heat as well. Read up though. I think like anything else to some it will be seen as a + and to others a - , but you are the owner so think of it from the business side. GL!

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Aug 14 2024, 14:28
Quote from @Sara Valentine:

Go for it! The modern turf is pretty realistic looking. I see it as a benefit because there's almost zero maintenance for the tenant and it's easy to clean up.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo
BAM Capital  logo
BAM Capital
|
Sponsored
Your Path to Generational Wealth We offer wealth-building and income-producing real estate opportunities for accredited investors.

User Stats

Votes
Koren Lavi
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denver, CO
Replied Aug 28 2024, 14:43

@Sara Valentine definitely invest in a good/realisting looking turf. Aesthetics won’t be an issue and it will pay dividends in the long run with eliminating landscaping/lawn and water costs. I have a very good and reasonably priced landscaper in the Denver Metro area, I’d be happy to connect you with him if you’d like!