Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Albert Johnson
Votes |
Anybody been through an eviction process?

Albert Johnson
Posted

I am planning to evict a tenant in Arizona. There has been numerous violations to the lease. One the tenant has been late every month on payment. As of now tenant hasn't paid. They said they will pay today after I gave 5 day notice yesterday. Another  was making a contractor leave while he was trying to make a repair to name a few.

Here we need to serve 10 day notice explaining lease violations.  Tenant plans to pay on one violation which is non payment of rent. Can I still serve the 10 day? Also if any of you ever evicted someone what is the process like?

User Stats

Votes
Doug McVinua
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Queen Creek, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Queen Creek, AZ
Replied

@Albert Johnson We evict one or two people a year in Arizona for various reasons, the most common being non-payment. Dr. Evictor Denise Holiday is one of Arizona's best law firms/attorneys for landlord representation and or eviction. They have the process nailed down and are very efficient. I have never lost an eviction case.

The typical cost of eviction, including serving the Writ, is almost always under $500.00 and accomplished in less than 30 days.

Blue Sky Living, LLC Logo

User Stats

Votes
Albert Johnson
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Doug McVinua:

@Albert Johnson We evict one or two people a year in Arizona for various reasons, the most common being non-payment. Dr. Evictor Denise Holiday is one of Arizona's best law firms/attorneys for landlord representation and or eviction. They have the process nailed down and are very efficient. I have never lost an eviction case.

The typical cost of eviction, including serving the Writ, is almost always under $500.00 and accomplished in less than 30 days.

Thanks for this info. I appreciate it. 

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Aaker
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brandon, SD
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brandon, SD
Replied

Here are a few things I have learned from evictions: Talk to the attorney before you do anything. Make sure you document well your interactions with the tenant. Don't accept partial rent payments. You don't have an obligation to accept rent, even for the full amount, if it is late. Make sure you know your lease agreement well. 

User Stats

Votes
Albert Johnson
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Benjamin Aaker:

Here are a few things I have learned from evictions: Talk to the attorney before you do anything. Make sure you document well your interactions with the tenant. Don't accept partial rent payments. You don't have an obligation to accept rent, even for the full amount, if it is late. Make sure you know your lease agreement well. 

Thanks. 

Apparently they paid in full yesterday,  but I am still going to speak with an attorney tomorrow. This person has been harassing me with numerous text messages 

User Stats

Votes
Albert Johnson
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Benjamin Aaker:

The tenant is starting to look for things for repairs.  I plan to repair them. 

Also the tenant now wants to add the same person that was causing the lease violation to the lease. Should I deny the request?

I really don't want to add this person.

Also this person has berating me with text all day yesterday and today. I told them yesterday not to text me like that, its a form of harassment.

right now tenant is under a 10 day compliance to comply with lease